Jeremy Johnson expected to sign with Lamar football

According to the Beaumont Enterprise:

[quote]Former Silsbee quarterback Jeremy Johnson is expected to sign with Lamar today.

Johnson, a 2010 Silsbee graduate, began last season at West Virginia but left the school in midseason.

Recruiting website Rivals.com considered Johnson the nation’s No. 9-rated dual-threat quarterback in the country, and his addition at Lamar could give coach Ray Woodard the game-breaking offensive player his team needed last season.[/quote]

[quote]Although listed as a quarterback, there is no guarantee Johnson will immediately play the position at Lamar. Woodard and offensive coordinator Todd Whitten will likely figure the best way to give Johnson to make plays on offense.[/quote]

http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/inthecards/

This will be a great get for the Cardinals football program. I hope he follows through and does indeed sign with LU today!

I know we at Lamar are bad at talking recruiting classes but you have to be impressed with the guys we have coming in.

Still no mention of Derrick Hall?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/texashoops/football/recruiting/player-Jeremy-Johnson-81600

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="934885" timestamp="1292613769"]
Welcome home JJ!!

BTW, don't know about this "guarantee" stuff, but Jeremy will play QB. ;)
[/quote]

Agree AAW, I started laughing as I read that but I'm too happy to worry about that stuff. As I'm sure he'll prove to be the best QB at Lamar during the spring.

The only other position that would make any sense would be RB if he added 10-15 pounds.

With this addition, it will only help recruiting as guys see us landing a top transfer like Jeremy Johnson.

He's still got to come in and get the work done.. He can't come in here knowing he's the top dog and such. He needs to come in with a 'walk-on' mentality and bust his butt from day 1 and the talent will show on the field and Lamar will be much better.

[quote name="AJ25" post="934923" timestamp="1292616968"]
He's still got to come in and get the work done.. He can't come in here knowing he's the top dog and such. He needs to come in with a 'walk-on' mentality and bust his butt from day 1 and the talent will show on the field and Lamar will be much better.
[/quote]

Totally agree!!

JJ will put the work in.

With the receivers we already have and DPG coming to Lamar, and now JJ at Lamar I see the running game a 1000 times better than last year. Witch will make the pass better and the defense better. Now you add in everybody else that we recrutied Lamar should make the playoffs. Here's wishing. It could happen.

Congrats to Jeremy and LU, and not to steal the thunder from the thread but from what I hear, Derrick Hall is having some "issues" but of course everyone is working on clearing them up.

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="935298" timestamp="1292638301"]
Sorry but I'd rather see prewitt get the chance to prove that he deserves the job.  And we better recruit a few defensive players.
[/quote]
I'm with you, I would hope that Prewitt or anyone else has to work to get the position.
At least we know that Prewitt is not a quitter.  JJ did quit mid-season, maybe he can't make the grade or just home sick, needs to grow up.  Prewitt he is at least grown up enough stay with it and wait for a chance.
And we do need some size on both sides of the line.

Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion, but I swear some of you could win the lottery and only find time to b*tch about all the taxes you would be forced to pay.  I mean he's a Cardinal now, maybe try throwing a little support his way. In the end  Jeremy Johnson may be bust but it's not like he could not cut it at Sul Ross St. (DIII) and LU is counting on him to take them to the promise land.  As an LU fan, I want them to recruit the best players and anytime you can sign a player that comes from a BCS program that regularly wins its conference and is traditionally a top 15 team in the F[u][b][i]B[/i][/b][/u]S then I say - great!

[quote name="bigredfan2" post="935439" timestamp="1292643124"]
[quote author=AggiesWeAreNot link=topic=77693.msg935298#msg935298 date=1292638301]
Sorry but I'd rather see prewitt get the chance to prove that he deserves the job.  And we better recruit a few defensive players.
[/quote]
I'm with you, I would hope that Prewitt or anyone else has to work to get the position.
At least we know that Prewitt is not a quitter.  JJ did quit mid-season, maybe he can't make the grade or just home sick, needs to grow up.  Prewitt he is at least grown up enough stay with it and wait for a chance.
And we do need some size on both sides of the line.
[/quote]

Aren't you the same guy that talks about Jenna Plumley and the Lady Cardinals BB team? She was kicked off the OU WBB team due to stealing from a Walmart? Now, she made a mistake and has been a model student-athlete at Lamar and all the awards that come her way she deserves.

Jeremy Johnson made a mistake in signing with WVU in the first place. Is his mistake worse than Plumey's? I believe he passed all his classes which makes him eligible for the Spring drills at Lamar so the comment about him making the grade is out of line here. As for needing to grow up, most 17-18 year olds need to do the same.

Agree we need some size on both sides of the line and Coach Woodard signed two 2nd team all-conference O linemen from the JC ranks and has a verbal from a West Brook's Justin Brock a 2nd team selection on the Beaumont Enterprise Super Gold Team and Joe Persohn a junior at H-F who was a first team Beaumont Enterprise Super Gold team selection.

Just added a O lineman transfer from the University of Missouri.

They still have a few scholarships available and I'm sure they will address the defensive side of the ball.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed