26th Annual Houston Baseball Dinner

Guest Ranger83

Guest Ranger83
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bb/7247140.html

Price Jacobs, GCM, will be honored as one of the 16 members of the All Greater Houston Baseball team.

It is a great honor, last years list was real impressive. I always wondered how Tyler Green from Brazoswood signs for 750,000 with the D'Backs did not make it.
Lot of these boys did go in draft, Jamo T., J Lakind, K Perkins,  am I missing some ?
    Can't wait to see this years list, when is it public or is it already?

• 5 weeks later...
    I think Ralph Garr, the current Atlanta Brave scout, I think led the National League and won the batting title playing second base. Believe he was 5' 9" about 170. Played with Hank Aaron, if I remember right. Thank God he didn't play college ball. Oh, Dustin Pedroia, he did play college ball at Arizona, wonder how he ended up MVP of the American League? He must a been a hell of  a fister in college. Let's see, Joe Morgan, etc etc etc
  You will also find long loopy swings can be muscled out in high school and college ball. The wood will right or wrong EVERYONES swing. I liked that Nederland kid the last year or so, small but had tremendous exit speed on his bat, can't think of his name, probably about 5' 8'' 165. Spainish surname, where did he end up? I only saw him in left field, hope he went on to the next level. GAMER 

Saw the list of the honoree's, great list indeed!!  Absent from the list was Patrick Leonard at St Thomas, he is a top 100 HS prospect, 3b or OF. 
    Interesting two schools had 2 players, Lamar's Williamson and Langford and Brenham's Roberts and Bolserick.
    Speaking of top HS 100 draft prospects, the dinner was well represented in Daniel Mengden (pitcher/catcher, great two wayer) TX AM, Brian Brickhouse (94 at times, and big hammer)NC Tarheels, Drake Roberts ( area's top SS) Arkansas. These three probably will not see college, and you can expect Leonard to be the Tyler Green of 2011, not making this list, but getting huge payday. Should have a few more drafted somewhere in June from this list such as Price Jacobs, Cole Langford, Wayne Taylor,Tyler Boardman, and Jordon Stevens. Should be fun year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124