Carthage vs. Coldspring State Championship Game Predictions/Fri. 4PM

Guest TEAM

[quote name="melanie74" post="932647" timestamp="1292287743"]
[quote author=belle-mere link=topic=77333.msg930921#msg930921 date=1292083235]
Who published stats on the Carthage/Brownwood game last night?  I saw the CS stats in the Chronicle this morning, and 400+ yds rushing is pretty phenomenal against Wimberly.  Even more, holding Wimberly to less than 160 yds total!  CS is real, and I know Carthage is too because they've proven that the last couple of years.  Should be a real title game!
[/quote]

Agreed!  It will be an awesome game!  Can't wait!!!!  Carthage, eat your wheaties!!!
[/quote]what D does CS run?

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Scooter!" post="932648" timestamp="1292287871"]
[quote author=melanie74 link=topic=77333.msg932647#msg932647 date=1292287743]
Who published stats on the Carthage/Brownwood game last night?  I saw the CS stats in the Chronicle this morning, and 400+ yds rushing is pretty phenomenal against Wimberly.  Even more, holding Wimberly to less than 160 yds total!  CS is real, and I know Carthage is too because they've proven that the last couple of years.  Should be a real title game!
[/quote]

Agreed!  It will be an awesome game!  Can't wait!!!!  Carthage, eat your wheaties!!!
[/quote]
I don't know what you would call it, but they always seem to have about five players wherever the ball is.  I saw them literally living in the Athens backfield.  But whatever Curtis Barbay ran at Newton, I would guess CS pretty much runs about the same thing.

[quote name="j_dog" post="932653" timestamp="1292288536"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=77333.msg932648#msg932648 date=1292287871]
[quote author=melanie74 link=topic=77333.msg932647#msg932647 date=1292287743]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I don't know what you would call it, but they always seem to have about five players wherever the ball is.  I saw them literally living in the Athens backfield.  But whatever Curtis Barbay ran at Newton, I would guess CS pretty much runs about the same thing.
[/quote]ok I remember what Coach Barbay ran at Newton. in that case might be a low scoring game unless they let that Carthage WR Claiborne (sp) loose.  :o

[quote name="stevieray" post="932673" timestamp="1292290549"]
[b]Scooter:  How dare you pick against someone's team!  People take stuff so serious it's almost comical. 
[/b]
Congrats to Coldspring for reaching the final....should be a great game and may the best team win! 
[/quote]i know right.  :D

But thats ok. kids are kids. but i will unleash the most vicious crow session if CS loses.  ;)

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="932602" timestamp="1292284062"]
Wow idk why coldspring should even show up. Carthage has won 2 years in a row and they are just soooo balanced that coldspring don't have a chance. The score will probably be like 1000 to 0 this carthage team is the best team to ever grace the football fields of Texas. I don't know how they lost 2 games this year. Oh wait they must have been trying to give some of the other teams hope since carthage is sooo much better than everyone else.

Give me a break lol. Carthage may win this game, but the reasons some people come up with are ridiculous. What a team did last year or the year before don't matter, and who ever said that a one dimensional team can't possibly beat a balanced team is just wrong. A team with a great run game and great D can beat a balanced team. It just depends who is better at certain things. Coldspring has made it this far for a reason. every other team they played tried to key on the run and it didn't work. This game
won't be any different. Coldspring wins by 14.
[/quote]

I wish I could give you positive karma for this post.

Scooter needs to go join the carthrage forums, don't pay that loser any attention at all he's a hater, I mean who was his main team??? It doesn't even matter because it looks like there not in the playoffs but know who is the Coldspring Trojans, and I'm not worried about them running the ball on us it's not going to happen if we stopped Ford from kirbyville this guy shoudnt be nothing to stop!! So they better keep the ball I'm the air but that might not last long because our D stays in QB faces, & as far as our offense goes Kirbyville was the only team that have came close to stopping our run but that only lasted for a half and I thnk that's the toughest D we've went up against this year!!! But no matter how the Bulldgs watch film & try to stop our run they will not be able to contain my nephew Gilbert & my main man Cummings!! So scooter keep on scooting, I wouldn't even get on here with a name like dat!! Are u serious!! Wow!! Why are even listening to this guy his prediction doesn't matter if his team isn't in the playoffs anymore go to the Basketball thread!!

[quote name="Mr. Coldspring" post="932719" timestamp="1292294975"]
Scooter needs to go join the carthrage forums, don't pay that loser any attention at all he's a hater, I mean who was his main team??? It doesn't even matter because it looks like there not in the playoffs but know who is the Coldspring Trojans, and I'm not worried about them running the ball on us it's not going to happen if we stopped Ford from kirbyville this guy shoudnt be nothing to stop!! So they better keep the ball I'm the air but that might not last long because our D stays in QB faces, & as far as our offense goes Kirbyville was the only team that have came close to stopping our run but that only lasted for a half and I thnk that's the toughest D we've went up against this year!!! But no matter how the Bulldgs watch film & try to stop our run they will not be able to contain my nephew Gilbert & my main man Cummings!! So scooter keep on scooting, I wouldn't even get on here with a name like dat!! Are u serious!! Wow!! Why are even listening to this guy his prediction doesn't matter if his team isn't in the playoffs anymore.  go to the Basketball thread!!
[/quote]  kirbyville don't have the O-line like THE DOGS DO!!!    I have seen both teams play in person

[quote name="One4All" post="932727" timestamp="1292295650"]
[quote author=Mr. Coldspring link=topic=77333.msg932719#msg932719 date=1292294975]
Scooter needs to go join the carthrage forums, don't pay that loser any attention at all he's a hater, I mean who was his main team??? It doesn't even matter because it looks like there not in the playoffs but know who is the Coldspring Trojans, and I'm not worried about them running the ball on us it's not going to happen if we stopped Ford from kirbyville this guy shoudnt be nothing to stop!! So they better keep the ball I'm the air but that might not last long because our D stays in QB faces, & as far as our offense goes Kirbyville was the only team that have came close to stopping our run but that only lasted for a half and I thnk that's the toughest D we've went up against this year!!! But no matter how the Bulldgs watch film & try to stop our run they will not be able to contain my nephew Gilbert & my main man Cummings!! So scooter keep on scooting, I wouldn't even get on here with a name like dat!! Are u serious!! Wow!! Why are even listening to this guy his prediction doesn't matter if his team isn't in the playoffs anymore.  go to the Basketball thread!!
[/quote]  kirbyville don't have the O-line like THE DOGS DO!!!    I have seen both teams play in person
[/quote]

like i posted earlier, our d-line sees probably better o-line man every day in practice.  When I watched film of carthage vs. argyle, I understand why yall blew them out, their d-line had absolutely no ball get off and was small, that's a bad combination. I will admit that yall have a big o-line, but we've seen plenty of teams that have had 2 or 3 290+lineman and we've handled them fine. So unless your team can march the ball up the field 3-4 yards a time on inside plays, I don't think yall will get much offensively, cus no team has been able to outrun us sideline to sideline. I think the reason kville was so successful passing against us was the formations they ran, which is similar to how we get people open, not taking away from great athletic ability of cucanic.

[quote name="Mr. Coldspring" post="932719" timestamp="1292294975"]
Scooter needs to go join the carthrage forums, don't pay that loser any attention at all he's a hater, I mean who was his main team??? It doesn't even matter because it looks like there not in the playoffs but know who is the Coldspring Trojans, and I'm not worried about them running the ball on us it's not going to happen if we stopped Ford from kirbyville this guy shoudnt be nothing to stop!! So they better keep the ball I'm the air but that might not last long because our D stays in QB faces, & as far as our offense goes Kirbyville was the only team that have came close to stopping our run but that only lasted for a half and I thnk that's the toughest D we've went up against this year!!! But no matter how the Bulldgs watch film & try to stop our run they will not be able to contain my nephew Gilbert & my main man Cummings!! So scooter keep on scooting, I wouldn't even get on here with a name like dat!! Are u serious!! Wow!! Why are even listening to this guy his prediction doesn't matter if his team isn't in the playoffs anymore go to the Basketball thread!!
[/quote] :D i love it. dont go into hiding Friday when your team gets handled  ;)

quote author=One4All link=topic=77333.msg932735#msg932735 date=1292296762]
[quote name="chs11" post="932725" timestamp="1292295511"]
I really wish someone would tell how they lost to chapel hill and nacodoches, cus I sure don't believe the claim that they had NINE  starters missing.
[/quote]  5 starters on D' . . 4 starters on O' equals 9
[/quote]

Thanks smart@$$, but i'd like to hear it from somebody that isn't a homer.

[quote name="chs11" post="932740" timestamp="1292297028"]
[quote author=chs11 link=topic=77333.msg932725#msg932725 date=1292295511]
I really wish someone would tell how they lost to chapel hill and nacodoches, cus I sure don't believe the claim that they had NINE  starters missing.
[/quote]   5 starters on D' . . 4 starters on O' equals 9
[/quote]

[/quote]i hope you CS homers are on here friday  :D Im gonna have some fun!  ;D

[quote name="chs11" post="932740" timestamp="1292296762"]
[/quote]

[/quote] i'm a not a Homer. . . Just been luck enough to see both teams play in person, .. The Dogs are just well balance on both sides of the ball. . . .plus they will spread u thin and throw the ball to both of there D1 6'2 rec.  . . . .with speed

Outlaw69 after the game Friday....

http://www.lyrics.com/achy-breaky-heart-lyrics-billy-ray-cyrus.html

(Berry/Buck/Mills/Stipe)

When the day is long and the night, the night is yours alone,
When you're sure you've had enough of this life, well hang on
Don't let yourself go, 'cause everybody cries and everybody hurts sometimes

Sometimes everything is wrong. Now it's time to sing along
When your day is night alone, (hold on, hold on)
If you feel like letting go, (hold on)
When you think you've had too much of this life, well hang on

'Cause everybody hurts. Take comfort in your friends
Everybody hurts. Don't throw your hand. Oh, no. Don't throw your hand
If you feel like you're alone, no, no, no, you are not alone

If you're on your own in this life, the days and nights are long,
When you think you've had too much of this life to hang on

Well, everybody hurts sometimes,
Everybody cries. And everybody hurts sometimes
And everybody hurts sometimes. So, hold on, hold on
Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on
Everybody hurts. You are not alone

:D :D

[quote name="Scooter!" post="932744" timestamp="1292297248"]
[quote author=chs11 link=topic=77333.msg932740#msg932740 date=1292297028]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hey coldspring fans, we all need to be a little bit more understanding of scooter's condition and tone it down a little bit. Please take into consideration the fact that his unbeatable lions were, in fact, beaten and he just needs to do a little venting is all. Whenever we win the championship game this friday, don't be too hard on him, he will eventually see the light. He says will have a little fun with us, and that's ok, because he sure won't have fun cheering on the lions come this friday night.

[quote name="chs11" post="932761" timestamp="1292298541"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=77333.msg932744#msg932744 date=1292297248]
[quote author=chs11 link=topic=77333.msg932740#msg932740 date=1292297028]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hey coldspring fans, we all need to be a little bit more understanding of scooter's condition and tone it down a little bit. Please take into consideration the fact that his unbeatable lions were, in fact, beaten and he just needs to do a little venting is all. Whenever we win the championship game this friday, don't be too hard on him, he will eventually see the light. He says will have a little fun with us, and that's ok, because he sure won't have fun cheering on the lions come this friday night.
[/quote]cadence will be the excuse  :D :D    everybody hurts...sometime  :D

[quote name="One4All" post="932757" timestamp="1292298078"]
[quote author=chs11 link=topic=77333.msg932740#msg932740 datthe=1292297028]
[/quote]

[/quote] i'm a not a Homer. . . Just been luck enough to see both teams play in person, .. The Dogs are just well balance on both sides of the ball. . . .plus they will spread u thin and throw the ball to both of there D1 6'2 rec.  . . . .with speed
[/quote]

ummmm athens had a 6'4" d1 receiver with great speed, and he got absolutely nothing against us, so that's not a problem.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83