Carthage vs. Coldspring State Championship Game Predictions/Fri. 4PM

Guest TEAM

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="DoRightTrojanFan" post="932767" timestamp="1292299524"]
Someone is attacking Trojan fans with "negative" karma!

Trojan fans... Ignore Scooter...he is really a nice guy and was pulling for us when we played Kirbyville and believe me, no one on this forum (or anywhere else) thought we would win; however, Scooter stood virtually alone, for the Trojans.
[/quote]preach

Trojan fans... Ignore Scooter...he is really a nice guy and was pulling for us when we played Kirbyville and believe me, no one on this forum (or anywhere else) thought we would win; however, Scooter stood virtually alone, for the Trojans.
[/quote]

Yea, that was when he thought kville and brownwood were heading for a state title matchup, now that that dream has not come to fruition, he has to root against the team that is playing the team that upset his "mighty" lions. Besides, I don't even think he has talked actual football yet. Hey scooter, would you happen to know a poster by the name of Beechnut?  :D :D :D

[quote name="chs11" post="932763" timestamp="1292298754"]
[quote author=One4All link=topic=77333.msg932757#msg932757 date=1292298078]
[quote author=chs11 link=topic=77333.msg932740#msg932740 datthe=1292297028]
Uquote author=One4All link=topic=77333.msg932735#msg932735 date=1292296762]
[quote author=chs11 link=topic=77333.msg932725#msg932725 date=1292295511]
I really wish someone would tell how they lost to chapel hill and nacodoches, cus I sure don't believe the claim that they had NINE  starters missing.
[/quote]   5 starters on D' . . 4 starters on O' equals 9
[/quote]

Thanks smart@$$, but i'd like to hear it from somebody that isn't a homer.
[/quote] i'm a not a Homer. . . Just been luck enough to see both teams play in person, .. The Dogs are just well balance on both sides of the ball. . . .plus they will spread u thin and throw the ball to both of there D1 6'2 rec.  . . . .with speed
[/quote]

ummmm athens had a 6'4" d1 receiver with great speed, and he got absolutely nothing against us, so that's not a problem.
[/quote]Hmmmmm. You can double one. . But when its 3 on the field at once.   Ummmmmmm this is goin to be funny

[quote name="One4All" post="932778" timestamp="1292300625"]

Hmmmmm. You can double one. . But when its 3 on the field at once.   Ummmmmmm this is goin to be funny
[/quote]

So exactly how many are there?  2 as you first said or now 3?  Carthage seems to be gaining tall D1 receivers by the post...

[quote name="OUTLAW69" post="932638" timestamp="1292286889"]
like i said before scooter you are clueless about football. you ate crow every game cs played like you will be eating it friday. You didn't answer my question from the other post. are u scared. U can't miss me i will be on the 50 yrd line closest to the ground and be the only one wearing my HPD uniform. Can't miss me. Lets see how much you know
[/quote]

LAME!!  If you are a HPD officer to come on here and invite someone to meet you like your picking a fight is childish. 

[quote name="rykerx144" post="932837" timestamp="1292330864"]
[quote author=OUTLAW69 link=topic=77333.msg932638#msg932638 date=1292286889]
like i said before scooter you are clueless about football. you ate crow every game cs played like you will be eating it friday. You didn't answer my question from the other post. are u scared. [b]U can't miss me i will be on the 50 yrd line closest to the ground and be the only one wearing my HPD uniform. Can't miss me. Lets see how much you know[/b][/quote]

LAME!!  If you are a HPD officer to come on here and invite someone to meet you like your picking a fight is childish.  
[/quote]

He only gave him a quick way to find him AND said let's see how much he knew....He didn't say anything about meeting somewhere to throwdown... ;)

Actually, the fact that he'll be in full uniform (in front of thousands of people & a TV audience) would probably preclude anything other than a nice give and take session regarding football...

[/quote]

He pulls for anyone that plays against Kirbyville....If he's for you...You are sure to lose,He hasn't picked a play-off winner yet.... :D :D

[quote name="MEM" post="932861" timestamp="1292336416"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=77333.msg932837#msg932837 date=1292330864]
[quote author=OUTLAW69 link=topic=77333.msg932638#msg932638 date=1292286889]
like i said before scooter you are clueless about football. you ate crow every game cs played like you will be eating it friday. You didn't answer my question from the other post. are u scared. [b]U can't miss me i will be on the 50 yrd line closest to the ground and be the only one wearing my HPD uniform. Can't miss me. Lets see how much you know[/b][/quote]

LAME!!  If you are a HPD officer to come on here and invite someone to meet you like your picking a fight is childish.  
[/quote]

He only gave him a quick way to find him AND said let's see how much he knew....He didn't say anything about meeting somewhere to throwdown... ;)

Actually, the fact that he'll be in full uniform (in front of thousands of people & a TV audience) would probably preclude anything other than a nice give and take session regarding football...
[/quote]

thats your opinion!  I dont think he actually meant it!  come one but I do think he was badge flashing!!  LOL

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="932862" timestamp="1292336776"]
[quote author=DoRightTrojanFan link=topic=77333.msg932767#msg932767 date=1292299524]

[/quote]

He pulls for anyone that plays against Kirbyville....If he's for you...You are sure to lose,He hasn't picked a play-off winner yet.... :D :D
[/quote]

:D :D :D

Hello SETX... I am a loyal, but informed and objective Carthage "Homer"... Just wanted to say good luck and congratulations to both teams this week... I also wanted to say that it is ridiculous to believe that either team will underestimate the other in the State Championship game... Neither team has gotten this far by underestimating their opponents... It is an awesome experience to get to support your team in this endeavor, no matter how many times your team may or may not have made it before... Only 3 years ago, we had only been to the big show once, and came up short... We know that there is a HUGE target on our backs, and I'm sure Coach Surratt and Company are fully aware of that... From the sound of it, it's gonna be a nail-biter, just as it should be... A powerhouse Coldspring running game vs. a strategically balanced offense from Carthage... Defense will be the name of the game... I'm not gonna spout stats or tout ignorant opinions without having seen your team develop over the season... And speaking of which, That is exactly what has happened to Carthage this year... We were supposed to be in a rebuilding year, and weren't supposed to even be here, AND that is exactly what we've done... This Carthage team, more than any other that I've ever seen, has developed and matured as the season came along... And as to the 2 losses earlier in the season, they were the best thing that could've happened for this team... IMO, it helped kickstart the development of these guys... I can't substantiate the claims that we were missing 9 starters... (I believe that to be incorrect)... We were down our D-1 middle linebacker,  our very talented safety/ receiver was out, and our qb was injured and didn't tell the coaches... AND we got beat... Those nights, Nac and Chapel Hill were better than us... Thankfully, we are as healthy as we can be after having played 15 games in a season... Good Luck to both teams and their families and fans... I expect both teams to leave it all on the field... As far as a prediction, I obviously have to go with my DAWGS!!!

[quote name="TruffulaDawg" post="933048" timestamp="1292353485"]
Hello SETX... I am a loyal, but informed and objective Carthage "Homer"... Just wanted to say good luck and congratulations to both teams this week... I also wanted to say that it is ridiculous to believe that either team will underestimate the other in the State Championship game... Neither team has gotten this far by underestimating their opponents... It is an awesome experience to get to support your team in this endeavor, no matter how many times your team may or may not have made it before... Only 3 years ago, we had only been to the big show once, and came up short... We know that there is a HUGE target on our backs, and I'm sure Coach Surratt and Company are fully aware of that... From the sound of it, it's gonna be a nail-biter, just as it should be... A powerhouse Coldspring running game vs. a strategically balanced offense from Carthage... Defense will be the name of the game... I'm not gonna spout stats or tout ignorant opinions without having seen your team develop over the season... And speaking of which, That is exactly what has happened to Carthage this year... We were supposed to be in a rebuilding year, and weren't supposed to even be here, AND that is exactly what we've done... This Carthage team, more than any other that I've ever seen, has developed and matured as the season came along... And as to the 2 losses earlier in the season, they were the best thing that could've happened for this team... IMO, it helped kickstart the development of these guys... I can't substantiate the claims that we were missing 9 starters... (I believe that to be incorrect)... We were down our D-1 middle linebacker,  our very talented safety/ receiver was out, and our qb was injured and didn't tell the coaches... AND we got beat... Those nights, Nac and Chapel Hill were better than us... Thankfully, we are as healthy as we can be after having played 15 games in a season... Good Luck to both teams and their families and fans... I expect both teams to leave it all on the field... As far as a prediction, I obviously have to go with my DAWGS!!!
[/quote]

Probably the best "1st post" from any member since I've been hanging around the board.  Great Post!

[/quote]
Great post!  A voice of reason.  Someone who knows how to act after getting to the top!

Hello SETX... I am a loyal, but informed and objective Carthage "Homer"... Just wanted to say good luck and congratulations to both teams this week... I also wanted to say that it is ridiculous to believe that either team will underestimate the other in the State Championship game... Neither team has gotten this far by underestimating their opponents... It is an awesome experience to get to support your team in this endeavor, no matter how many times your team may or may not have made it before... Only 3 years ago, we had only been to the big show once, and came up short... We know that there is a HUGE target on our backs, and I'm sure Coach Surratt and Company are fully aware of that... From the sound of it, it's gonna be a nail-biter, just as it should be... A powerhouse Coldspring running game vs. a strategically balanced offense from Carthage... Defense will be the name of the game... I'm not gonna spout stats or tout ignorant opinions without having seen your team develop over the season... And speaking of which, That is exactly what has happened to Carthage this year... We were supposed to be in a rebuilding year, and
weren't supposed to even be here, AND that is exactly what we've done... This Carthage team, more than
any other that I've ever seen, has developed and matured as the season came along... And as to the 2 losses earlier in the season, they were the best thing that could've happened for this team... IMO, it helped kickstart the development of these guys... I can't substantiate the claims that we were missing 9
starters... (I believe that to be incorrect)... We were down our D-1 middle linebacker,  our very talented
safety/ receiver was out, and our qb was injured and didn't tell the coaches... AND we got beat... Those
nights, Nac and Chapel Hill were better than us... Thankfully, we are as healthy as we can be after having
played 15 games in a season... Good Luck to both teams and their families and fans... I expect both
teams to leave it all on the field... As far as a prediction, I obviously have to go with my DAWGS!!!

Good post!
[/quote]

[quote name="rykerx144" post="932909" timestamp="1292340827"]

thats your opinion!  I dont think he actually meant it!   but I do think he was badge flashing!!  LOL

[/quote] Lets get one thing straight write now my comment yesterday was not asking somebody to meet me for a fight. It was for scooter to find me in a crowd sit down beside me and watch a good football team. And for u to accuse me of something that stupid is unacceptable. Trust me when i say this, that is your only warning

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="933166" timestamp="1292374733"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=77333.msg933144#msg933144 date=1292372789]
I hear dogs barking.  ;D
[/quote]

They will stop barking after a cool dip in the COLDSPRING... :D :D :D
[/quote] :D  nice one +1

[quote name="Scooter!" post="933187" timestamp="1292375736"]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=77333.msg933166#msg933166 date=1292374733]
I hear dogs barking.  ;D
[/quote]

[/quote] :D  nice one +1
[/quote]

Actually I was trying for poster of the week...BTW are Kirbyville fans elgible.. ;D

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="933198" timestamp="1292375947"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=77333.msg933187#msg933187 date=1292375736]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=77333.msg933166#msg933166 date=1292374733]
I hear dogs barking.  ;D
[/quote]

[/quote] :D  nice one +1
[/quote]

Actually I was trying for poster of the week...BTW are Kirbyville fans elgible.. ;D
[/quote]yall already got it one week

I got a surprise for next week. and the winners better provide a speech.  ;) (it might be in the best interest if poster of the year means anything)  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83