Carthage vs. Coldspring State Championship Game Predictions/Fri. 4PM

Guest TEAM

[quote name="texaggies07" post="931737" timestamp="1292156668"]
I have a question for Scooter.  [b]Have you even seen Coldspring play this year? [/b] You live in West Texas so I don't know if you have seen them play.  I watched the first half film of Brownwood and Monahans and I was not impresses at all.  Monahans really did not have much with the exception of the running back ran hard and the quarterback was ok.  They had no secondary.  The offensive line had to be one of the smallest I have seen.  I would like to see some of the recent game against Carthage so I can make a better judgement.  I still believe deep down we can beat Carthage. 
[/quote]I've seen Carthage play, and thats all i need to see to predict this one. The biggest O-line Brownwood had seen this year. Um, Monahans was 13-0 for a reason so i dont know what game you actually saw.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Bigdaddy79" post="931744" timestamp="1292160487"]
I have to go with Coldspring in this game. Just by looking at the stats you have to. carthages d allows to many yards per game for Coldsprings running game. Coldspring will win it by 12. and my second point ti this is the adv yrds allowed by Coldsprings D. Coach morrison has done a great job with the D. Cooper is a beast and Sikes is playing better now than I have seen him play all year.

WOSGRAD great job on all the work you have done this year on keeping people up dated on the stats. We will see yall at Jerry's world.
[/quote]  I have seen both teams play this yr & by far both are good and well coached.  . . . .and like i said before THE DOGS TRACK RECORD SPEAKS FOR ITSELF! ! .  . . .p.s i do believe that defense wins championships and on that note the Carthage Bulldogs have the best linebacker in the state.

[quote name="Scooter!" post="931782" timestamp="1292168365"]
[quote author=texaggies07 link=topic=77333.msg931737#msg931737 date=1292156668]
I have a question for Scooter.  [b]Have you even seen Coldspring play this year? [/b] You live in West Texas so I don't know if you have seen them play.  I watched the first half film of Brownwood and Monahans and I was not impresses at all.  Monahans really did not have much with the exception of the running back ran hard and the quarterback was ok.  They had no secondary.  The offensive line had to be one of the smallest I have seen.  I would like to see some of the recent game against Carthage so I can make a better judgement.  I still believe deep down we can beat Carthage. 
[/quote]I've seen Carthage play, and thats all i need to see to predict this one. The biggest O-line Brownwood had seen this year. Um, Monahans was 13-0 for a reason so i dont know what game you actually saw.
[/quote]

Wimberley was 13-0 for a reason too, and they got nada against our d-fence. I bet we coulda scored 30+ if they wouldn't have been simulating our cadence the whole game.

[quote name="chs11" post="931906" timestamp="1292183928"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=77333.msg931782#msg931782 date=1292168365]
[/quote]

Wimberley was 13-0 for a reason too, and they got nada against our d-fence. I bet we coulda scored 30+ if they wouldn't have been simulating our cadence the whole game.
[/quote]simulating cadence huh? is that gonna be the excuse Friday night?  :D

[quote name="chs11" post="931931" timestamp="1292186051"]
No, because even if we only score 26 again, we still win. You wanna know why......... CUS OUR D IS BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!! [b]I don't understand how they got beat so bad by chapel hill and NACODOCHES.[/b]
[/quote]Because it's Deep East Texas, you never know who's gonna bring it that night. I can only go off what i saw when the Dogs played Brownwood and the last 2 times they went to state they won.

[quote name="chs11" post="931931" timestamp="1292186051"]
No, because even if we only score 26 again, we still win. You wanna know why......... CUS OUR D IS BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't understand how they got beat so bad by chapel hill and NACODOCHES.
[/quote]. . . .  .9 starter didn't play against CH&Nav. . . . . Kinda like when coldspring played K-vill the 1st time and didn't have one of there studs

[quote name="texaggies07" post="931980" timestamp="1292194470"]
[b]I don't care if Monahans was 50-0 on the season they still did not look very talented and very small.[/b]  Well you will get to see Coldspring this Friday and your mind will be changed.
[/quote]if they wasnt talented they would not have been 13-0

btw if a team is 50-0 are they not talented?  :D  think before you type, you making this hilarious  ;D

Will say this Scooter, not gonna blame it on simulating the cadence but it was going on.. I was at the game and their were 12 false start penalties called on CS. Even with the long down and distance, Wimberley was dominated.. over 400 yards of total offense to 130.. CS wont be blaming it on anything Friday night.. Their gonna play hardnose, smashmouth football and leave it all on the field.. The D will be swarming all night and NO EXCUSES WILL BE MADE.. not the makeup of that team

[quote name="Scooter!" post="931782" timestamp="1292168365"]
[/quote]

So you haven't see Coldspring play in person or on film but your sure Carthage is the better team?...Hmm, Ok...Weren't you also one of the main posters on this board who scoffed at the very idea of another team being able to hang with and beat Brownwood??  Now that Brownwood is gone you've jumped on the Carthage bandwagon...At least your going with a team that's actually won something recently....Carthage has proven they can win a title when they're wearing the bullseye so I can't argue with anyone picking them, however, to just dismiss another team without knowing much about them/seeing them play, etc. is kind of foolish...

[quote name="One4All" post="931957" timestamp="1292190411"]
[quote author=chs11 link=topic=77333.msg931931#msg931931 date=1292186051]
No, because even if we only score 26 again, we still win. You wanna know why......... CUS OUR D IS BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't understand how they got beat so bad by chapel hill and NACODOCHES.
[/quote]. . . .  .9 starter didn't play against CH&Nav. . . . . Kinda like when coldspring played K-vill the 1st time and didn't have one of there studs
[/quote]

How does that happen?

[quote name="MEM" post="932127" timestamp="1292207567"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=77333.msg931782#msg931782 date=1292168365]
[/quote]get your panties outta a bunch. just because i said Carthage will win its a bandwagon now. i wonder if you a kville fan in disguise! im not gonna root for a team that didnt knock my area team out. period. Now i really hope Carthage runs it up at Jerry's world  >:(

So you haven't see Coldspring play in person or on film but your sure Carthage is the better team?...Hmm, Ok...Weren't you also one of the main posters on this board who scoffed at the very idea of another team being able to hang with and beat Brownwood??  Now that Brownwood is gone you've jumped on the Carthage bandwagon...At least your going with a team that's actually won something recently....Carthage has proven they can win a title when they're wearing the bullseye so I can't argue with anyone picking them, however, to just dismiss another team without knowing much about them/seeing them play, etc. is kind of foolish...

[/quote]

[quote name="OUTLAW69" post="932156" timestamp="1292209327"]
chs11 just ignore scooter he is dumb as a box of s--- when it comes to predicting football games. He doesn't know a dam thing about football teams.
[/quote]someone butthurt  :D  I love it. but watch your language, this is your warning.

[quote name="CMurder75" post="932195" timestamp="1292211681"]
article about the wimberly simulating the cadence in the semifinal game...

[url=http://www.yougotrickrolled.com/]Wimberley Accused of Simulating Snap Count[/url]

:D ;D ;D :D ;D ;) :D ;D :D ;) :) >:( :( :o ??? :P
Haha you guys are to serious!
Sorry, Im in a funny mood.  :-[
[/quote]Cadence......guest when Holland is rolling up 100 yds in the first half thats the excuse ::)

[quote name="jeffcoat" post="931200" timestamp="1292101161"]
Having watched Carthage play Jasper in 183A in 2008 & 2009 I can tell you that Coldspring better be ready to stop more then just Carthage's stud running back. They have athletes everywhere on the field.
[/quote]
I saw Carthage last year, and Coldspring this year.  Everything you said about Carthage is true.  It is also true of Coldspring and then some.  I honestly think Coldspring brings more quickness and speed to the field than Carthage did last year.  And they have enough size to hang with Carthage.  Coldspring by ten.

Good luck to both teams!

[quote name="j_dog" post="932218" timestamp="1292213465"]
[quote author=jeffcoat link=topic=77333.msg931200#msg931200 date=1292101161]
Having watched Carthage play Jasper in 183A in 2008 & 2009 I can tell you that Coldspring better be ready to stop more then just Carthage's stud running back. They have athletes everywhere on the field.
[/quote]
I saw Carthage last year, and Coldspring this year.  Everything you said about Carthage is true.  It is also true of Coldspring and then some.  I honestly think Coldspring brings more quickness and speed to the field than Carthage did last year.  And they have enough size to hang with Carthage.  Coldspring by ten.

Good luck to both teams!

[/quote]LOL. . ,By ten huh C'mon mann. . . . . .Coldspring is about to deal with a team full of 3 yr starters all around. . . With BACK TO BACK Titles

give me a break scoot, your not talking to a kid. It hurts when the truth comes out that you no nother about a good football team. And i apologize to all of good people on setxsport for my language it was not called for but i get tired of reading things that scooter writes that he has no idea what he is talking about. By the way a warning (PLEASE) I hope you are at the game friday. I would love to meet you, sit you down and show you what a good football team looks like.

Scooter u completely missed my point, but that is to be expected when u pick teams to lose and u have not seen them play.  I have seen Carthage play and know they are good.  I just think we match up with them and can beat them.  About Monahans I'm sure they are good just didn't impress me with size or athletic ability.  With that said say what u want about my comments.  Make fun of me, but I have been around football awhile and have coached at the high school level.  What's ur background?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder