Carthage vs. Coldspring State Championship Game Predictions/Fri. 4PM

Guest TEAM

[quote name="texaggies07" post="932277" timestamp="1292226076"]
Scooter u completely missed my point, but that is to be expected when u pick teams to lose and u have not seen them play.  I have seen Carthage play and know they are good.  I just think we match up with them and can beat them.  About Monahans I'm sure they are good just didn't impress me with size or athletic ability.  With that said say what u want about my comments.  Make fun of me, but I have been around football awhile and have coached at the high school level.  What's ur background?
[/quote]

Bingo!! ;)

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="chs11" post="932187" timestamp="1292211402"]
man, they are really rootin us out on the smoaky forums. I read one say it will probably get ugly late. >:( >:( >:(
[/quote]

chs11 what do you expext from a Tyler based web site...Carthage is the homer team,Like Coldspring is the SEtxsports homer team.... ;)

[b]Speed Kills and Defense Wins Championships...[/b]

Coldspring-Oakhurst Trojans
Champion - District 22-3A

[b]Defense[/b]
Avg Points Allowed: [b][color=red]12.3[/color][/b]
Avg Total Yards: [b][color=red]180.4[/color][/b]
Avg Rushing: [b][color=red]80.4[/color][/b]
Avg Passing: [b][color=red]100.3[/color][/b]

Ladies, the Trojans BLOW the Bulldogs in every category

Scooter stay off the kool-aid (j/k) ;D!

[quote name="Trigger" post="932456" timestamp="1292266623"]

[b]Defense[/b]

[/quote]Agreed!! Go Trojans!!!!

[quote name="MEM" post="932279" timestamp="1292226836"]
[quote author=texaggies07 link=topic=77333.msg932277#msg932277 date=1292226076]
Scooter u completely missed my point, but that is to be expected when u pick teams to lose and u have not seen them play.  I have seen Carthage play and know they are good.  I just think we match up with them and can beat them.  About Monahans I'm sure they are good just didn't impress me with size or athletic ability.  With that said say what u want about my comments.  Make fun of me, but I have been around football awhile and have coached at the high school level.  What's ur background?
[/quote]

Bingo!! ;)

[/quote]

[b]AMEN!  We are only 5 days away!  Then and only then will the doubters quit doubting.  Just for the record, this is only the beginning for Coldspring.  Texas and my fellow Texans, you will be in for a treat come Friday.  I promise it will not be the last time Coldsprings makes the news in Texas football.  I still think Kirbyville was the toughest and most worthy opponent the Trojan's have faced.  Can someone tell me how many teams have won state 3 yrs consecutively?  Not that it matters, just curious.  Go Trojan's!!!! You have made a believer out of me!!![/b]

[quote name="Trigger" post="932456" timestamp="1292266623"]

[b]Defense[/b]

[/quote]  Yes ever category but CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

When are you SETX fans going to understand that a one dimentional team will only get you so far in the playoffs now! Coldsprings is a great team, and has a salty run game, and a great defense! However, KV has had the same thing 3 years now, and made it all the way the last two years, only to get beat by a more balanced offensive team. That will be the difference in this game! Carthage has the defense to slow down Coldsprings, and the balanced offense to score more points! Coldsring will have to honor Holland, or lose! That was proven against Brownwood! However, look at the capsule on this board, Carthage can do both on offense very well! If Coldspring has penalties, or a couple of TO's, and Carthage can get ahead, then this game will be over! I would have thought that KV would have learned this lesson by now! If Coldsprings does pull the upset, then I will give them all the respect they deserve! I'm just pointing out the facts! It will be much harder for Coldsprings to score more consistantly than Carthage, specially since Carthage has been in this game the last two years! Carthage will spread Coldsprings out, and get the ball to their speed in space, and let them make plays!  Coldspring-373yrds rush/ 62 pass,  100.3 pass allowed/80.4 rush
Carthage-229 yrd. rush/ 215 pass        157.8 rush allowed/167 pass
Which team will be easier to stop on defense???

I just read the Smoaky forum and those guys up there are some cocky son of a guns. They aint gonna know what hit 'em when Cummings and Gilbert get the ball! They aint giving Coldspring any respect and they will pay for it!! Coldspring likes being the underdog and I they they will bring a state championship to San Jacinto county. Good luck to the boys. Go Trojans!!!

[quote name="T-Dawd" post="932534" timestamp="1292275645"]
Correct me if I'm, wrong, but didn't Wimberely have a balanced offense? Did they try to spread Coldspring out? Did they have good backs? Did they get 30 yards total rushing?
[/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Wimberly win the last two state-championships??? Are you seriously trying to compare Carthage's speed with Wimberly? If I'm wrong, then I will man up! Just my observation of this game! I have no dog in this fight! Good Luck to both teams! Should be a great game!!!

[quote name="DFieldFan" post="932528" timestamp="1292274381"]
When are you SETX fans going to understand that a one dimentional team will only get you so far in the playoffs now! Coldsprings is a great team, and has a salty run game, and a great defense! However, KV has had the same thing 3 years now, and made it all the way the last two years, only to get beat by a more balanced offensive team. That will be the difference in this game! Carthage has the defense to slow down Coldsprings, and the balanced offense to score more points! Coldsring will have to honor Holland, or lose! That was proven against Brownwood! However, look at the capsule on this board, Carthage can do both on offense very well! If Coldspring has penalties, or a couple of TO's, and Carthage can get ahead, then this game will be over! I would have thought that KV would have learned this lesson by now! If Coldsprings does pull the upset, then I will give them all the respect they deserve! I'm just pointing out the facts! It will be much harder for Coldsprings to score more consistantly than Carthage, specially since Carthage has been in this game the last two years! Carthage will spread Coldsprings out, and get the ball to their speed in space, and let them make plays!  Coldspring-373yrds rush/ 62 pass,  100.3 pass allowed/80.4 rush

[/quote]

Kirbyville will learn it's own lessons...  You got enough to worry about with the Yoemen coming... ;)

[quote name="DFieldFan" post="932544" timestamp="1292276680"]
DF players and coaches will do that for me! The Yoemen will be a serious test, no doubt! Nothing DF will not be able to handle!
I was meaning no dis-respect to KV, in fact I picked them in both games! Just calling it like I saw it!
[/quote]

You have an opinion,I have one...That's what this forum is all about.... ;)

[quote name="DFieldFan" post="932528" timestamp="1292274381"]
When are you SETX fans going to understand that a one dimentional team will only get you so far in the playoffs now! Coldsprings is a great team, and has a salty run game, and a great defense! However, KV has had the same thing 3 years now, and made it all the way the last two years, only to get beat by a more balanced offensive team. That will be the difference in this game! Carthage has the defense to slow down Coldsprings, and the balanced offense to score more points! Coldsring will have to honor Holland, or lose! That was proven against Brownwood! However, look at the capsule on this board, Carthage can do both on offense very well! If Coldspring has penalties, or a couple of TO's, and Carthage can get ahead, then this game will be over! I would have thought that KV would have learned this lesson by now! If Coldsprings does pull the upset, then I will give them all the respect they deserve! I'm just pointing out the facts! It will be much harder for Coldsprings to score more consistantly than Carthage, specially since Carthage has been in this game the last two years! [b]Carthage will spread Coldsprings out[/b], and get the ball to their speed in space, and let them make plays!  Coldspring-373yrds rush/ 62 pass,  100.3 pass allowed/80.4 rush

[/quote]

Wimberley tried the same thing...to spread them out and it didn’t work. 

Traditionally the more balanced team does win, but to say that the more balanced team wins ALL the time or that a running team with a killer defense can't win is ridiculous.

Carthage ain’t the only “balanced” team Coldspring will have faced all season... Watch out for Jerrell “My Main Man” Sykes

Wow idk why coldspring should even show up. Carthage has won 2 years in a row and they are just soooo balanced that coldspring don't have a chance. The score will probably be like 1000 to 0 this carthage team is the best team to ever grace the football fields of Texas. I don't know how they lost 2 games this year. Oh wait they must have been trying to give some of the other teams hope since carthage is sooo much better than everyone else.

Give me a break lol. Carthage may win this game, but the reasons some people come up with are ridiculous. What a team did last year or the year before don't matter, and who ever said that a one dimensional team can't possibly beat a balanced team is just wrong. A team with a great run game and great D can beat a balanced team. It just depends who is better at certain things. Coldspring has made it this far for a reason. every other team they played tried to key on the run and it didn't work. This game won't be any different. Coldspring wins by 14.

[quote name="MEM" post="932607" timestamp="1292284691"]
[quote author=OUTLAW69 link=topic=77333.msg932603#msg932603 date=1292284117]
I don't see how you can hand out crow scooter since you have been eating crow all playoffs
[/quote]  Exactly...Maybe he's got leftovers?
[/quote]West Texas has 2 state titles this season, how many does East Texas have? 1. Might as well bump that 2 up to a 3 or 4 after this weekend  :D

like i said before scooter you are clueless about football. you ate crow every game cs played like you will be eating it friday. You didn't answer my question from the other post. are u scared. U can't miss me i will be on the 50 yrd line closest to the ground and be the only one wearing my HPD uniform. Can't miss me. Lets see how much you know

[quote name="OUTLAW69" post="932638" timestamp="1292286889"]
like i said before scooter you are clueless about football. [b]you ate crow every game cs played like you will be eating it friday.[/b] You didn't answer my question from the other post. are u scared. U can't miss me i will be on the 50 yrd line closest to the ground and be the only one wearing my HPD uniform. Can't miss me. Lets see how much you know
[/quote]been around football since i was 3, trust me i know my stuff. Clueless you say? far from it. but after CS loses Friday dont you go into hiding cause imma be all over CS the moment after the game mainly at you.  ;) ;D  Imma have some fun with this.  ;D

and to comment in whats bold, ate crow everytime yall played? dude look at the pick-em's....i'll leave it at that buddy. Guess you are the one that's clueless. back up your post with some facts next time. it's good to be passionate about your team but when you start posting just cause someone is not picking your causes you to post out the side of your neck a little bit.  ;) :D

[quote name="belle-mere" post="930921" timestamp="1292083235"]
Who published stats on the Carthage/Brownwood game last night?  I saw the CS stats in the Chronicle this morning, and 400+ yds rushing is pretty phenomenal against Wimberly.  Even more, holding Wimberly to less than 160 yds total!  CS is real, and I know Carthage is too because they've proven that the last couple of years.  Should be a real title game!
[/quote]

Agreed!  It will be an awesome game!  Can't wait!!!!  Carthage, eat your wheaties!!!

[quote name="melanie74" post="932644" timestamp="1292287488"]
[quote author=belle-mere link=topic=77333.msg930921#msg930921 date=1292083235]
Who published stats on the Carthage/Brownwood game last night?  I saw the CS stats in the Chronicle this morning, and 400+ yds rushing is pretty phenomenal against Wimberly.  Even more, holding Wimberly to less than 160 yds total!  CS is real, and I know Carthage is too because they've proven that the last couple of years.  Should be a real title game!
[/quote]

Agreed!  It will be an awesome game!  Can't wait!!!!  Carthage, eat your wheaties!!!
[/quote]should be a close one. this one might end early since both teams run the rock.

[quote name="belle-mere" post="930921" timestamp="1292083235"]
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder