Question about Nederland and Larry Neumann

nedfan88

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long has it been since Nederland was in the playoffs?

How long has it been since Nederland was not in the playoffs?

How many times has Nederland been in the playoffs in the last 15 years?

Has any team in the Golden Triangle been to the playoffs more in the last 15 years than Nederland?

[quote name="nedfan88" post="920280" timestamp="1290893718"]
That's weird you didn't answer my question

GO DOGS!!!!
[/quote]

If you are really a Nederland fan as your screen name indicates, why do you need to ask?

When did you become a fan, last week?

Guest Pirate_pride_07
Well if you were a true Nederland fan you would research your team. I am a VIDOR fan and i did about 5 minutes of looking back to find that Nederland has only had 2 losing season since the 04-05 football season with 2 tied season and 3 winning seasons. Any other questions?

Why is someone's "fanhood" questioned just because they point out the relative lack of success of their coach over the last several years?  Do you think PN-G is sorry they asked some tough questions and made some tough decisions about the direction of their program a few years ago?

[quote name="tvc184" post="920321" timestamp="1290895802"]
[quote author=nedfan88 link=topic=76721.msg920280#msg920280 date=1290893718]

GO DOGS!!!!
[/quote]

If you are really a Nederland fan as your screen name indicates, why do you need to ask?

[b]When did you become a fan, last week?[/b]
[/quote]

:D

[quote name="nedfan88" post="920257" timestamp="1290892529"]
How long has it been since Larry Neumann and Nederland has had a winning season?

Go DOGS!!
[/quote] Seems he already knew the answer.... If you got something to say, just say it!!! Everyone is entitled to an opinion, even Smitty. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Personally, I think if there is a question about Coach Neumann and the Nederland Bulldogs, that its a discussion for the Nederland fans....ONLY!  I am a true Bulldog supporter except for that one week called MidCounty Madness.  I will say this, never, NEVER understimate the Nederland Bulldogs. JMO.

[quote name="smitty" post="920294" timestamp="1290894191"]
You'll find that a lot around here.    ;)    ;D    ::)

[quote author=nedfan88 link=topic=76721.msg920280#msg920280 date=1290893718]

GO DOGS!!!!
[/quote]
[/quote]Smitty you only hammer the "Newbies" when your opinion is different? That's weird.

Guest strongend
If you have any questions, please go talk to Neumann himself.  Probably dont have the balls to do that.  Anyone who is unhappy, go to board meeting and suggest they replace Neumann with you.  It could get a whole lot worse in big ned.  Anyone remember the bobby august days?  It is sure funny how brave people are behind this screen and they probably have never coached anything in their lives.  Keep up the negative and try to get everyone else on board just because your unhappy.  I believe it has been two years without a winning record.

I really do not know why I am posting on this, but her is my 2 cents. Nederland competes at a high level and has ever since Nuemann came to town. Someone mentioned the August days, sorry, but you can even go back way further than that.
The next few years the talent level in Nederland will be some of the best in the district and expectations will be high. Nuemann and the coaching staff will do a great job with that talent.

click the link for the history, I believe Nuemann's first year was 1993. http://texashsfootball.com/board/index.php?showtopic=15715

Nederland's record over the last 5 seasons: [b]28-26 with ONE winning season[/b].  I can't understand this blind devotion to the current staff.  No doubt Larry Neumann was good for Nederland when he was hired almost 20 years ago but Nederland needs something to jump start the football program.  Look what new coaches have done for Nederland's basketball team or PN-G, Bridge City and Memorial's football teams. 

Nederland stopped winning in my opinion when we switched to the spread offense. We went from getting 1st and 2nd in district year in and year out to trying to hang on for fourth place. I think we have talented coaches, I just don't think the spread has been good for us.

I agree Jake when Nederland got away from running the ball in a power formation they have really struggled. Yes the spread is a good scheme but it does not work for everyone or our coaches have not fully grasped the scheme. Nederland has good atheletes and should compete for District title every year. I would love to see the offense way more diversified. Power , spread, pistol and option and I believe that we would win district as well as go deeper in the playoffs. I feel that Coach Neumaa is a good coach but has become to complacent in his many years. The question is  does Nederland need a change in coaching I do not believe so I believe a philosphy change is way more needed. Monty Barrows needs to totally revamp the offense and start over. Coach Spell needs to push the defense harder and harder everyday to make them scary good. There is alot of young talent moving up and I feel if they do not make changes the results will be the same. Yes we have had some qb issues the last year or so but there should be more then one qb ready at a moments notice. Practice all qbs hard and close to equal repetitions. Nederland is full of talent in a tough district but they really need a  offensive philosphy change or it may come to the point that new coaches are asked for by the fans that pay to watch these young men wekk end and week out.

[quote name="jake94" post="921788" timestamp="1291007162"]
Nederland stopped winning in my opinion when we switched to the spread offense. We went from getting 1st and 2nd in district year in and year out to trying to hang on for fourth place. I think we have talented coaches, I just don't think the spread has been good for us.
[/quote]

Ned never finished first during Neumann's tenure Jake......

[quote name="SFA85" post="921877" timestamp="1291041121"]
[quote author=jake94 link=topic=76721.msg921788#msg921788 date=1291007162]
[/quote]

[/quote]

They were co-champs 2 times, maybe 3... to me that is first place.

I think Neuman has done good to get to the playoffs with all of the injuries at key positions the last several years.  However, keeping it in perspective, no team should be satisisfied with getting in as a third or fourth place team and that seems to be what Nederland fans have come to be satisfied with...there are coaches from the past who would of been able to make the playoffs in 4th place consistently.  I don't think getting rid of Neuman is the answer but do need to shake things up.

[quote name="SFA85" post="921877" timestamp="1291041121"]
[quote author=jake94 link=topic=76721.msg921788#msg921788 date=1291007162]
[/quote]

[/quote]

No outright district champs, I agree. But, co-champs is TIED for 1st place. When Nederland did not run the spread we were constantly at the top of the district(i.e. 1st-3rd) and now we seem to struggle to get the 4th spot and have lost our starting QB for several games every season since we switched to the spread. Defense has also been on the field a lot because we have been unable to sustain drives in the spread, just my opinion. A 3 and out that lasts 25 seconds is not good rest time for a defense. I like the coaches and think we have some good minds, I just don't think the spread offense is a good fit for us.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami