Nederland at Dayton Predictions

Guest BIG HOUSE

MY GUESS IS NED> WILL HAVE A SOUR TASTE BY SAT.MORNING!!!!!! :lol:

Dayton BIGGGGG!!!!!!!! Way to much D for a one man team........

VIDOR DID ENOUGH TO BEAT ONE MAN,DAYTON WILL DO PLENTY...

BESIDES,EVERYONE KNOWS THEY OWE NEDERLAND A GOOD BUTT KICKING..... :lol::lol:

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last thing Dayton would ever do is over look Nederland. Dayton has had a hard time with Nederland in the past. As far as Dayton is concerned Nederland is standing in the way of something that they want more than anything. That would be a district title and respect. The only way to achieve those things is by winning on Friday night. I have talked to a few of the players and they said that beating Central was not even close to the team that they have been wanting to play, which is Nederland. Nederland has been the king of the district year in and year out. If you want to be the king then you have to beat the king. So Nederland yall have Daytons respect. Dayton knows that in order to be classified as a very good defense then they have to play a very good offense. Friday should be alot of fun. Lots of hard hitting from both teams, I cant wait. I will be their for sure cheering on the Broncos and I know that Nederland will have alot of supporters for them as well.

Every year people say that the team to look out for is Vidor or Lumberton or LCM... LCM is the only team that has proven anything really... But every year its the same story Vidor and Lumberton is 1-4 in district just like every other year... why is it that ever year we hear that these teams are going to compete it ends up being the same story... And nobody claims that Nederland is the same team this year as it was in the past' date=' but to say that playing Nederland is like a bye week is ignorant... I hope Dayton thinks that too though... Even though I know that they arent...[/quote']

Its called optimism. How much fun would it be for fans of these schools to say "Well, it looks like we're in for another losing season."

Every season is a new beginning for every team.

Each year, for one reason or another, these teams show signs of hope in one area or another, whether it be an above avg. running game, passing game, or a strong defense. When this happens, it gives the fans of these teams hope that this might be the year we break into the playoffs.

Think about what your are saying. Competition thrives on both teams feeling like they have a legitimate shot at winning. How many kids would play footballl, if they felt like they were going to lose no matter how hard they try. How many fans would show up on Friday night if it was a given that there team was going to lose.

I'm happy that the Ned. boys have put themselves back into playoff contention, they worked hard and they seem to be improving each week.

But, I am extremely proud of our Pirates as well. They have left it all on the field every game. The only game that they were never really in was against Dayton. But, so far only Central has tested the Broncos.

Be proud of your Bulldogs, but don't think for one second that pride is only found in Mid-County. :D

Excellent post, vhs.. You summed things up very well. I am looking forward to this game this week.. Should we be able to beat Dayton?? Heck no.. They have quite a team over there.. Can we beat Dayton, I think so if we catch some breaks.. Wash St. beat USC, who is the better team? The Raiders beat the Steelers with LESS THAN 100 yards of offense.. Are the Raiders really better than the Steelers? Nope, but for one game anyone can beat anyone. That is part of the reason that I don't like our fans talking playoffs already.. Should Lumberton beat us? No, they shouldn't. Can Lumberton beat us?? Of course they can! Hope the Dogs get one of these next two.. Would love to upset the Broncos this week! Should be a fun game. I am looking forward to checking out their new field.

Guest TravelingBandsman

They've still got a few more renovations to do. Phase 1 was completed for this season, which is what they have now. Phase 2 will be completed by next season. The latter will involve removing the press box from the home side, making that the visitor side, and then building a much larger home side on the opposite end. It sucks because this is my last year in Dayton HS, but I can always come back to see it.

Guest PurplePride

:D Hey Nederland! Just come to Dayton and lets all watch a great football game! I refuse to let the other schools intimidate us into having a great game! yall get to sit on the side that has the AWESOME TURKEY LEGS! hehe..always too scared to go on the visitor side to get one :wink: , not really, just LAZY! :D

Anyway, lets have fun and again, safe trip here, I just hate that two lane highway 90! :shock:

:D Hey Nederland! Just come to Dayton and lets all watch a great football game! .......

Anyway' date=' lets have fun and again, safe trip here, I just hate that two lane highway 90! :shock:[/quote']

And remember that a good place to park would be at the Jr. high. Just turn left from 90, if coming from that direction, on to hwy 146 and the Jr. high will be on the left. If coming from I-10 you will see the school just before getting to the field. Park and then just walk through the back to the stadium. You will have a much easier time leaving than parking on the stadium road. Safe trip to all and LET'S PLAY BALL!! :D:D

Dayton by 7' date=' but it wouldnt surprise me to see Mosley rip their defense to shreds, when he gets motivated watch out. Just ask LCM bout that 2nd half explosion he had----like 4 straight runs for 20+yards.[/quote']

Yes Scooter, but Dayton will be making contact in the backfield and at the line of scrimmage. They are extremely fast and have great pursuit.

I don't see Mosley getting 100 yds. this week.

ok i guess i dont KNOW that... but if not.. then lets just say I would be really surprised... If you havent seen La Marque play then you have no idea... there is something in the water over there

I don't know how fast they are this year, but I know they are good.

I have seen them play just not this year. I don't know if we are faster than them, but we are fast.

i think that thedayton is overated a little bit.but saying that i still think they are better than the nedeland boys.the nedeland boys have got to play a good game of defense to sstop the daytons runing.if they can itll go either way.if they cant watch out.michael mosely is the real deal and should give thedayton boys fits all nite long son.

i think that thedayton is overated a little bit.but saying that i still think they are better than the nedeland boys.the nedeland boys have got to play a good game of defense to sstop the daytons runing.if they can itll go either way.if they cant watch out.michael mosely is the real deal and should give thedayton boys fits all nite long son.

Dude, that is like reading a riddle. I am not sure exactly what you are saying but I think you are hoping Dayton's defense won't show up. I wouldn't count on that. :) By the way it is Micah Mosley.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder