Friendswood vs. Humble 3rd Round Predictions?

KFDM COOP

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="downgoesfrazier" post="916626" timestamp="1290454929"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=76423.msg916540#msg916540 date=1290449477]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=76423.msg916503#msg916503 date=1290447464]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=76423.msg915636#msg915636 date=1290366412]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=76423.msg915562#msg915562 date=1290361104]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=76423.msg915447#msg915447 date=1290352573]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=76423.msg915302#msg915302 date=1290317373]
Friendswood by 17.  Van Meter is twice the coach of anyone on Humble's staff.  
[/quote]

Really? What is this based on ? The Humble staff has been together for many years and has had success on a five a level. Frazier you must be a cousin of someone from Fwood.
[/quote]

As far as I know I'm not related to anyone that lives in Friendswood.  I hate Friendswood and would love to see yall kick their butts.  However, Van Meter is one of the best coaches around.  If your homerism doesn't allow you to see it, that's your problem.  

Maybe in Dayton we have a different barometer for success, but I wouldn't call a [b]37-26 record[/b] (according to maxpreps) over the last 6 years in 5A successful.  I'd call that average at best.  Since we're on the subject I'd like for all of you Humble fans to say something out loud with me.  Repeat after me.  David Boston isn't coming back.  Say it again.  David Boston isn't coming back.  Wasn't that cathartic for everyone?    I know I feel better.  The sooner yall realize that the sooner the healing process can begin.  DB was a great player and yall had a great run 15 years ago, but let it go.  
[/quote]

Beasley is currently 43-21, so it would be unfair to include Coach Quillens last year.    The man before Beasley was Neil Quillen, and Jerry is NO Neil Quillen.

When you run into Katy, North Shore, and Hightower...its a little hard to win 12-13 games a season.   Dayton wouldn't of fair much better in our 5a District...
[/quote]

I'm assuming you're referring to Coach Stewart when you say Jerry.  You make it sound like they shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.  Give me a break.  

Career Records: Quillens 179-80 Stewart 164-61. Stewart has the advantage in winning percentage.  Quillens has more wins, but  I don't see Stewart having a problem passing that mark within the next season or two.

Quillens had one great season at Humble to go along with several first round losses and several years of not making the playoffs.at all.  Jerry Stewart took over a team that was 9-41 the five seasons before he got there.  All he's done is make the playoffs every season (15 seasons) and 10 district titles.  Not to mention 3 straight years of making the quarters or better and working on a fourth.  Yep you're right he's no Quillens.  The numbers say he's better.  

Could you not cry anymore about who you had to play? Those are just excuses.  I could make excuses all day about why dayton didn't win more games, but nobody cares. Either you won or you didn't.  That's all that really matters.  

[/quote]

You are one of those embseles that looks at stats and equates them to success without taking into consideration the level of competition.   a 12-2 season doesn't trump a 7-3 season if didn't play an equivlent level of competition.  It isn't comparable.

Your coach is to be comended on the job he has done where he is at.  Their is no way to cut around that.  Just Coach Stewart wouldn't of faired better in the same situation that Quillen or Beasley were in these last 10 years.  Stewart simply didn't have to match up against some of the quality of teams they did.  Their isn't a program in our area comprable to The Katy Tigers, or to North Shore (at the 4a level).  LaMarque used to be that school, but has fizzled with the growth of pearland and dickinson areas.

Im not going to have a pissing match with you.  it gets old, and i really don't care how you view us.  you either respect us or you don't.  Either way, if we win...we will more then likely garner your envy or your respect.  

Our kids will play hard, and will earn everything that is given to them.  My opinion matters very little, and if Dayton wants to feels superior to the Wildcats...go ahead.  

Must be killing you to know that we are 11-1 though, after claiming we wouldn't win our own district...and be 1 and done.
[/quote]

Just a heads up.  If you're going to use a word to insult someone's intelligence, you might want to spell it right. I don't care who you had to play, the bottom line is Humble's playoff success has been minimal in comparison to Dayton's in recent years.  If you think getting beat in the first round is better than making the deep runs that Dayton has, I can't help you.  

Also, you have no clue what kind of success Coach Stewart would or wouldn't have had in Humble.  
I also love how you say yall aren't hanging on to the past yet you bring up Quillens in a thread about Humble/Friendswood 2010.  

I never said Humble wouldn't win the district yall are in.  When all the realignment talk was going on I said Humble wouldn't win district if put in Dayton's district.  Unfortunately we won't get to find out.  
[/quote]

TTT

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="beechnut" post="916646" timestamp="1290455627"]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=76423.msg916626#msg916626 date=1290454929]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=76423.msg916540#msg916540 date=1290449477]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=76423.msg916503#msg916503 date=1290447464]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=76423.msg915636#msg915636 date=1290366412]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=76423.msg915562#msg915562 date=1290361104]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=76423.msg915447#msg915447 date=1290352573]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=76423.msg915302#msg915302 date=1290317373]
Friendswood by 17.  Van Meter is twice the coach of anyone on Humble's staff.  
[/quote]

Really? What is this based on ? The Humble staff has been together for many years and has had success on a five a level. Frazier you must be a cousin of someone from Fwood.
[/quote]

As far as I know I'm not related to anyone that lives in Friendswood.  I hate Friendswood and would love to see yall kick their butts.  However, Van Meter is one of the best coaches around.  If your homerism doesn't allow you to see it, that's your problem.  

Maybe in Dayton we have a different barometer for success, but I wouldn't call a [b]37-26 record[/b] (according to maxpreps) over the last 6 years in 5A successful.  I'd call that average at best.  Since we're on the subject I'd like for all of you Humble fans to say something out loud with me.  Repeat after me.  David Boston isn't coming back.  Say it again.  David Boston isn't coming back.  Wasn't that cathartic for everyone?    I know I feel better.  The sooner yall realize that the sooner the healing process can begin.  DB was a great player and yall had a great run 15 years ago, but let it go.  
[/quote]

Beasley is currently 43-21, so it would be unfair to include Coach Quillens last year.    The man before Beasley was Neil Quillen, and Jerry is NO Neil Quillen.

When you run into Katy, North Shore, and Hightower...its a little hard to win 12-13 games a season.   Dayton wouldn't of fair much better in our 5a District...
[/quote]

I'm assuming you're referring to Coach Stewart when you say Jerry.  You make it sound like they shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.  Give me a break.  

Career Records: Quillens 179-80 Stewart 164-61. Stewart has the advantage in winning percentage.  Quillens has more wins, but  I don't see Stewart having a problem passing that mark within the next season or two.

Quillens had one great season at Humble to go along with several first round losses and several years of not making the playoffs.at all.  Jerry Stewart took over a team that was 9-41 the five seasons before he got there.  All he's done is make the playoffs every season (15 seasons) and 10 district titles.  Not to mention 3 straight years of making the quarters or better and working on a fourth.  Yep you're right he's no Quillens.  The numbers say he's better.  

Could you not cry anymore about who you had to play? Those are just excuses.  I could make excuses all day about why dayton didn't win more games, but nobody cares. Either you won or you didn't.  That's all that really matters.  

[/quote]

You are one of those embseles that looks at stats and equates them to success without taking into consideration the level of competition.   a 12-2 season doesn't trump a 7-3 season if didn't play an equivlent level of competition.  It isn't comparable.

Your coach is to be comended on the job he has done where he is at.  Their is no way to cut around that.  Just Coach Stewart wouldn't of faired better in the same situation that Quillen or Beasley were in these last 10 years.  Stewart simply didn't have to match up against some of the quality of teams they did.  Their isn't a program in our area comprable to The Katy Tigers, or to North Shore (at the 4a level).  LaMarque used to be that school, but has fizzled with the growth of pearland and dickinson areas.

Im not going to have a pissing match with you.  it gets old, and i really don't care how you view us.  you either respect us or you don't.  Either way, if we win...we will more then likely garner your envy or your respect.  

Our kids will play hard, and will earn everything that is given to them.  My opinion matters very little, and if Dayton wants to feels superior to the Wildcats...go ahead.  

Must be killing you to know that we are 11-1 though, after claiming we wouldn't win our own district...and be 1 and done.
[/quote]

Just a heads up.  If you're going to use a word to insult someone's intelligence, you might want to spell it right. I don't care who you had to play, the bottom line is Humble's playoff success has been minimal in comparison to Dayton's in recent years.  If you think getting beat in the first round is better than making the deep runs that Dayton has, I can't help you.  

Also, you have no clue what kind of success Coach Stewart would or wouldn't have had in Humble.  
I also love how you say yall aren't hanging on to the past yet you bring up Quillens in a thread about Humble/Friendswood 2010.  

I never said Humble wouldn't win the district yall are in.  When all the realignment talk was going on I said Humble wouldn't win district if put in Dayton's district.  Unfortunately we won't get to find out.  
[/quote]

TTT
[/quote]

Beechnut thanks for editing your post.  I was really upset knowing that I wasn't welcome on your thread.  Thanks for reconsidering. 

[quote name="downgoesfrazier" post="916626" timestamp="1290454929"]

Just a heads up.  If you're going to use a word to insult someone's intelligence, you might want to spell it right. I don't care who you had to play, the bottom line is Humble's playoff success has been minimal in comparison to Dayton's in recent years.  If you think getting beat in the first round is better than making the deep runs that Dayton has, I can't help you. 

I never said Humble wouldn't win the district yall are in.  When all the realignment talk was going on I said Humble wouldn't win district if put in Dayton's district.  Unfortunately we won't get to find out. 
[/quote]

Again, frazier....i am not interested in having a pissing match with you...yet you insist.  The fact that you are on here parading around about how awesome dayton is only a testament on how incredibly pathetic you are.  I have never in all my years of following High School Football met a fan with such arrogance and disrespect for other programs achievements.  Its a shame too, because i tend to think downgoesfrazier when thinking of the fans of Dayton.    AND i know that isn't the case, lot of good folks out that way.

For a program that has done a really good job of making it to the playoffs and hanging around a 1-3 rounds , you sure do act like you are some sort of program on the level of The Katy Tigers or North Shore Mustangs.  Good Lord..the way you talk about Stewart as if the guy just craps out State Championship Trophies... You are a 4A Region III power...That is the extent of your greatness.  I could say the same thing about Dayton as i could about Humble Pre-2007.  Hey that Cody Green kid had a couple of really good years in him huh?  but bad news, he graduated.  and he aint coming back.

Go take a look at what you all have done prior to that....Man, can't be proud of that...make you look a lot like the 4a version of Humble.

Be proud of your kids...proud of your program...no beef with any of it.  Just seems that you really really dislike the 'Cats.  Im proud of our traditions, as you are of yours.  Yall have been great on this level, and it to be commended.  But save me the "We're Dayton" persona....i really don't give a rats ass.

WOW :o Easy fellows before the Rick Flair chops get broke out (in my best Tyrone Biggums voice). Isnt this a FW vs HUM thread not a wish we were in tha glory days thread. Any team left in the playoffs right now are a good program or atleast for this year. We have all seen the coaches success is measured by more than Ws and Ls thread and really it is alright for a community no matter DAY / FW / HUM / PNG / LA MARQUE / to be proud of what their team is doing this year. Thats all that matters right now is "this year". What happened 10 years / 10 weeks / 10 days / 10 minutes ago means nothing come FRI / SAT. All that matters is two schools go out represents not only the school, kids but the community.(in my best SETEX MODERATOR wanna be voice) ;D

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="916772" timestamp="1290466815"]
WOW :o Easy fellows before the Rick Flair chops get broke out (in my best Tyrone Biggums voice). Isnt this a FW vs HUM thread not a wish we were in tha glory days thread. Any team left in the playoffs right now are a good program or atleast for this year. We have all seen the coaches success is measured by more than Ws and Ls thread and really it is alright for a community no matter DAY / FW / HUM / PNG / LA MARQUE / to be proud of what their team is doing this year. Thats all that matters right now is "this year". What happened 10 years / 10 weeks / 10 days / 10 minutes ago means nothing come FRI / SAT. All that matters is two schools go out represents not only the school, kids but the community.(in my best SETEX MODERATOR wanna be voice) ;D
[/quote]

Agreed.  I am done with the discussion and wish to speak of nothing but friendswood.

I am hearing that they had kids out with mono this past game, and one with a concussion.  Are they back this week?  are they out for a couple?  Scoop anyone? 

Good scouting report on Friendswood. Another note is friendswood hasn't really played a complete game since the La Marque game. If you blitz Maetzold and get a lot of pressure in his face than he struggles like he did last week. But watch out Johnson is a very underrated runningback because of his size. Defense is the weak point Manning is the best player on the defense at defensive end but missed last week with a concussion. Jordon Wood is a sophmore who is probably the best secondary player. But if you have a fast runningback who has some moves than you will have success.

[quote name="HUM398" post="916752" timestamp="1290465338"]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=76423.msg916626#msg916626 date=1290454929]

Just a heads up.  If you're going to use a word to insult someone's intelligence, you might want to spell it right. I don't care who you had to play, the bottom line is Humble's playoff success has been minimal in comparison to Dayton's in recent years.  If you think getting beat in the first round is better than making the deep runs that Dayton has, I can't help you. 

I never said Humble wouldn't win the district yall are in.  When all the realignment talk was going on I said Humble wouldn't win district if put in Dayton's district.  Unfortunately we won't get to find out. 
[/quote]

Again, frazier....i am not interested in having a pissing match with you...yet you insist.   The fact that you are on here parading around about how awesome dayton is only a testament on how incredibly pathetic you are.   I have never in all my years of following High School Football met a fan with such arrogance and disrespect for other programs achievements.  Its a shame too, because i tend to think downgoesfrazier when thinking of the fans of Dayton.    AND i know that isn't the case, lot of good folks out that way.

For a program that has done a really good job of making it to the playoffs and hanging around a 1-3 rounds , you sure do act like you are some sort of program on the level of The Katy Tigers or North Shore Mustangs.  Good Lord..the way you talk about Stewart as if the guy just craps out State Championship Trophies... You are a 4A Region III power...That is the extent of your greatness.  I could say the same thing about Dayton as i could about Humble Pre-2007.  Hey that Cody Green kid had a couple of really good years in him huh?  but bad news, he graduated.   and he aint coming back.

Go take a look at what you all have done prior to that....Man, can't be proud of that...make you look a lot like the 4a version of Humble.

Be proud of your kids...proud of your program...no beef with any of it.  Just seems that you really really dislike the 'Cats.  Im proud of our traditions, as you are of yours.  Yall have been great on this level, and it to be commended.  But save me the "We're Dayton" persona....i really don't give a rats butt.

[/quote]

I made my prediction about the game based on coaching.  You didn't like it, but instead of making the case for your coaching staff, you take a backhanded shot at our coach.  Then when I present my case with facts, you call me an imbecile but completely butchered the spelling, thus making you look like the imbecile. 

Point me to the posts where I'm "parading around" talking about how awesome Dayton is.  You called out our coach and I pointed out what he's accomplished at our school. 

There's no disrespect for Humble like I've said before.  I have none for you.  When all the realignment talk started you said big boy 5A Humble would run through our district.  Blah Blah Blah. 

I know Cody isn't coming back.  What you're not seeing is that Dayton is in the middle of it's 4th deep run in four years and Cody was only the starter for one.  But let's not let facts get in the way of your argument. 

If you want to say Humble and Dayton have had the same amount of success and that they are comparable over the last 15 years that's fine. 

[quote name="downgoesfrazier" post="916929" timestamp="1290478310"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=76423.msg916752#msg916752 date=1290465338]

[/quote]

Again, frazier....i am not interested in having a pissing match with you...yet you insist.   The fact that you are on here parading around about how awesome dayton is only a testament on how incredibly pathetic you are.   I have never in all my years of following High School Football met a fan with such arrogance and disrespect for other programs achievements.  Its a shame too, because i tend to think downgoesfrazier when thinking of the fans of Dayton.    AND i know that isn't the case, lot of good folks out that way.

For a program that has done a really good job of making it to the playoffs and hanging around a 1-3 rounds , you sure do act like you are some sort of program on the level of The Katy Tigers or North Shore Mustangs.  Good Lord..the way you talk about Stewart as if the guy just craps out State Championship Trophies... You are a 4A Region III power...That is the extent of your greatness.  I could say the same thing about Dayton as i could about Humble Pre-2007.  Hey that Cody Green kid had a couple of really good years in him huh?  but bad news, he graduated.   and he aint coming back.

Be proud of your kids...proud of your program...no beef with any of it.  Just seems that you really really dislike the 'Cats.  Im proud of our traditions, as you are of yours.  Yall have been great on this level, and it to be commended.  But save me the "We're Dayton" persona....i really don't give a rats butt.

[/quote]

I made my prediction about the game based on coaching.  You didn't like it, but instead of making the case for your coaching staff, you take a backhanded shot at our coach.  Then when I present my case with facts, you call me an imbecile but completely butchered the spelling, thus making you look like the imbecile.  

Point me to the posts where I'm "parading around" talking about how awesome Dayton is.  You called out our coach and I pointed out what he's accomplished at our school.  

There's no disrespect for Humble like I've said before.  I have none for you.  When all the realignment talk started you said big boy 5A Humble would run through our district.  Blah Blah Blah.  

I know Cody isn't coming back.  What you're not seeing is that Dayton is in the middle of it's 4th deep run in four years and Cody was only the starter for one.  But let's not let facts get in the way of your argument.  

If you want to say Humble and Dayton have had the same amount of success and that they are comparable over the last 15 years that's fine.  
[/quote]

Admin note:  Hey HUM, we don't need that type of language.  You and me are cool...let's keep it that way.

[quote name="HUM398" post="916934" timestamp="1290478648"]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=76423.msg916929#msg916929 date=1290478310]

[/quote]

Again, frazier....i am not interested in having a pissing match with you...yet you insist.   The fact that you are on here parading around about how awesome dayton is only a testament on how incredibly pathetic you are.   I have never in all my years of following High School Football met a fan with such arrogance and disrespect for other programs achievements.  Its a shame too, because i tend to think downgoesfrazier when thinking of the fans of Dayton.    AND i know that isn't the case, lot of good folks out that way.

For a program that has done a really good job of making it to the playoffs and hanging around a 1-3 rounds , you sure do act like you are some sort of program on the level of The Katy Tigers or North Shore Mustangs.  Good Lord..the way you talk about Stewart as if the guy just craps out State Championship Trophies... You are a 4A Region III power...That is the extent of your greatness.  I could say the same thing about Dayton as i could about Humble Pre-2007.  Hey that Cody Green kid had a couple of really good years in him huh?  but bad news, he graduated.   and he aint coming back.

Be proud of your kids...proud of your program...no beef with any of it.  Just seems that you really really dislike the 'Cats.  Im proud of our traditions, as you are of yours.  Yall have been great on this level, and it to be commended.  But save me the "We're Dayton" persona....i really don't give a rats butt.

[/quote]

I made my prediction about the game based on coaching.  You didn't like it, but instead of making the case for your coaching staff, you take a backhanded shot at our coach.  Then when I present my case with facts, you call me an imbecile but completely butchered the spelling, thus making you look like the imbecile. 

Point me to the posts where I'm "parading around" talking about how awesome Dayton is.  You called out our coach and I pointed out what he's accomplished at our school. 

There's no disrespect for Humble like I've said before.  I have none for you.  When all the realignment talk started you said big boy 5A Humble would run through our district.  Blah Blah Blah. 

I know Cody isn't coming back.  What you're not seeing is that Dayton is in the middle of it's 4th deep run in four years and Cody was only the starter for one.  But let's not let facts get in the way of your argument. 

[/quote]

"brah"  im through with it...  Let it go.   [u][b][size=12pt][color=red]we can measure dicks later.[/color][/size][/b][/u]
[/quote]

B.M.F. told me he's wants to judge that contest

I don't know who is worse...
Friendswood Fan or HUM398

Both are obnoxious, teen age minded, high school football fans.
At least one of them will be terminated this week.
Who is the lesser of the two evils?
Give credit to them, both support very good high school football teams.
I got to go with Friendswood in this one.  It is just really hard to stop a good spread offense in high school.  Friendswood does it better than any one around here in 4A.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="916946" timestamp="1290479161"]

I got to go with Friendswood in this one.  It is just really hard to stop a good spread offense in high school.  Friendswood does it better than any one around here in 4A.
[/quote]

I will agree with you.  hum398 is EXTREMELY obnoxious at times, however he does know quite a bit about football.  I do believe he can be a little insensitive as well.  Needs to work on his people skills.

hum398, i have read your stuff for years.  When you were on the 5a site, the Houston site, and this one.  At times i am proud to call you a fan, other times i can't help but put my hands on my head an shake it.  

Lets keep things civil, and remember that this is about the kids.  I have told you this before(on another board), but sometimes it seems like you take all this a little to serious.

Sometimes we forget how hard these coaches, kids, and booster clubs put into all this.  it takes a tremendous amount of dedication to prepare for a season, go through a season, and wrap up a season.   saying teams suck, or saying kids suck, or saying coaches suck is really not appropriate. (not accusing anyone on here of doing that), but given the direction of the conversation id thought id just remind you that parents, fans, kids, and probably coaches read these boards.  Just like the announcers say before every UIL football game, lets support these programs.  Its not meant to build enemies but friendly competition.

lets all get along, we can talk a little smack, but it doesn't need to ascend into anything else.

back on topic:

What can anyone tell me about friendswood?  i know at the beginning of the season they struggled against stratford, but often the products put on the field early on is not exactly the product put on the field later in the season?  

Guest jhamilton
Hum398 loves Humble football and sometimes rather irrating when you get called out here and hard not to hit back. BUT we are in the Holiday Spirit so lets be civil right? 8)

Friendswood has a spread offense Maetzold very solid QB spreads the ball around. Doesn't have a number 1 reciever but he normally throws to around 7 recievers a game. Runningback doesn't have much size but is very patient and fast, he has one offer from Texas Tech. Defense is very bad for friendswood they can't tackle well at times. Number 66 defensive end is their best player on defense he was out with a concussion last week but should be back and than they have Jordan Wood who is a sophmore who plays safety I believe maybe corner can't remember.

[quote name="beechnut" post="916959" timestamp="1290480059"]
Hum398 where are dl lineman going to college for Humble? Anyone else getting any looks?
[/quote]

Well, i don't have the inside track on the program like i use t......  So some of the info is hear-say.  But from what i have read, the following schools are looking at our Dline kids...

Paul Boyette (6'4 290lbs)- Bama, Texas, Texas A&M, LSU, Mizzou, OU, Okie state just to name a few.  apparently his favorites are Texas, LSU, and Bama...this is all via hookem' 24/7 and gig'em 24/7... I sit close to a guy during the games that i believe is Boyettes father or uncle (not sure)...and he said that Paul Boyette really likes Texas...But i can definitely see him at Bama

Zorell Ezell (6'2 250lbs)- OU, A&M, Houston, Tulsa, UTSA, and a couple others.

Kyndal HIll (6'6 210)- UH, Tulsa, Tulane, Utep, and Texas are all evaluating him.

Brison Burris has one offer from Miami Ohio, but i would imagine by seasons end he is probably look at a couple more.  

other then that, i am kind of out of the loop on exactly who is looking at them.  I keep a close eye on the recruiting boards for any news....But id imagine our Junior and Senior class could account from anywhere from 6-9 total D1 prospects...We will see i guess

names to look out for...

SS Alphonso Harleston
DB Cameron Solomon
LB Devonta Smith
DB Der. Smith (not sure of his first name, but kids pretty good.....  started early in the season, but is a SOLID special teams kid)

lots of talent....and all the above mentioned kids have D1 size and speed.

[quote name="Wildcat05" post="916972" timestamp="1290480646"]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=76423.msg916946#msg916946 date=1290479161]

[/quote]

I will agree with you.  hum398 is EXTREMELY obnoxious at times, however he does know quite a bit about football.  I do believe he can be a little insensitive as well.  Needs to work on his people skills.

hum398, i have read your stuff for years.  When you were on the 5a site, the Houston site, and this one.  At times i am proud to call you a fan, other times i can't help but put my hands on my head an shake it.  

Lets keep things civil, and remember that this is about the kids.  I have told you this before(on another board), but sometimes it seems like you take all this a little to serious.

Sometimes we forget how hard these coaches, kids, and booster clubs put into all this.  it takes a tremendous amount of dedication to prepare for a season, go through a season, and wrap up a season.   saying teams suck, or saying kids suck, or saying coaches suck is really not appropriate. (not accusing anyone on here of doing that), but given the direction of the conversation id thought id just remind you that parents, fans, kids, and probably coaches read these boards.  Just like the announcers say before every UIL football game, lets support these programs.  Its not meant to build enemies but friendly competition.

lets all get along, we can talk a little smack, but it doesn't need to ascend into anything else.

back on topic:

What can anyone tell me about friendswood?  i know at the beginning of the season they struggled against stratford, but often the products put on the field early on is not exactly the product put on the field later in the season?  

[/quote]

Wildcat05, i can respect where you are coming from....and i realize that sometimes people view me as hard to get along with.  But i really am not intentionally trying to annoy anyone...i do like to press buttons however.  I try to keep it clean.....  I love the wildcat football as beechnut pointed out....i was hear for the "glory" days, and i have been through the tough patches....

just trying to make sure our guys get the respect they deserver.....welcome to the board Wildcat05'.  Hope you'll stick around for the rest of this season....and following seasons...as i know i will 

Guest jhamilton
Good to see some fellow football fans from this part of the woods. Excited to see these two teams play and just hope Humble can put some points on the board and the D can hold. I have not seen the Mustangs in years so sure Coach Van will have them ready.

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="916943" timestamp="1290479054"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=76423.msg916934#msg916934 date=1290478648]
[quote author=downgoesfrazier link=topic=76423.msg916929#msg916929 date=1290478310]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

"brah"  im through with it...  Let it go.   [u][b][size=12pt][color=red]we can measure dicks later.[/color][/size][/b][/u]
[/quote]

B.M.F. told me he's wants to judge that contest
[/quote]

He'd love that but I'm not real keen on pulling out my goods in front of other men. 

Nice try Bronx Rox frustrated yankees fan - oh I get it Broncos - well you act like a Yankees fan, but no one falls for your bait. Glad to see that people realize all fan bases have folks who get on other nerves because they are proud of their team, all!! Lots of good points and bad points in here. I have been to every FW game and watched 3 Humble games because I had a feeling!!! Some point counter points on what has been said.

1. FW has not played well the past 3 games
2. Maetzold can handle pressure
3. When ever you assume you are faster than another team and have no idea what the field speed is, folks will react. Speed has not been our issue this year. Walton from SF has very very average speed and he had a decent game, 100 yards. Bottom line - our defense is not very good against the run, any run.
4. Best DB is Kennemer, Wood has a lot to learn - good talent for a soph, plays safety.
5. Our best receiver is Kennemer - way above any of our others.
6. I am not related to Kennemer so dont try that Bronz stinks!
7. Humble D line is the real deal! We will have to block well and pass well!! Not sure our little running back can get any yards againts this D line.
8. Humble Dbacks are burnable - struggle reading routes.
9. Humble O is plain jane and effective - it will gain yards against us.
10. Turnovers will decide this game - some games you can lose the TO battle by two or three, and win the game, but not this one.

I am expecting a close game, but FW is my pick to win by 14. Imagine that , a FW fan picking his team to win! That makes me obnoxious and rude and spoiled and I think FW is the best team ever, - according to many of the SETX regulars that is!!

Hum398 - you have a right to be proud of this team - and looking forward to this game.

[quote name="fwstangs" post="917153" timestamp="1290520015"]
Nice try Bronx Rox frustrated yankees fan - oh I get it Broncos - well you act like a Yankees fan, but no one falls for your bait. Glad to see that people realize all fan bases have folks who get on other nerves because they are proud of their team, all!! Lots of good points and bad points in here. I have been to every FW game and watched 3 Humble games because I had a feeling!!! Some point counter points on what has been said.

1. FW has not played well the past 3 games
2. Maetzold can handle pressure
3. When ever you assume you are faster than another team and have no idea what the field speed is, folks will react. Speed has not been our issue this year. Walton from SF has very very average speed and he had a decent game, 100 yards. Bottom line - our defense is not very good against the run, any run.
4. Best DB is [b][size=10pt]Kennemer[/size][/b], Wood has a lot to learn - good talent for a soph, plays safety.
5. Our best receiver is [b][size=10pt]Kennemer [/size] [/b] - way above any of our others.
6. I am not related to [b][size=10pt]Kennemer [/size] [/b] so dont try that Bronz stinks!
7. Humble D line is the real deal! We will have to block well and pass well!! Not sure our little running back can get any yards againts this D line.
8. Humble Dbacks are burnable - struggle reading routes.
9. Humble O is plain jane and effective - it will gain yards against us.
10. Turnovers will decide this game - some games you can lose the TO battle by two or three, and win the game, but not this one.

I am expecting a close game, but FW is my pick to win by 14. Imagine that , a FW fan picking his team to win! That makes me obnoxious and rude and spoiled and I think FW is the best team ever, - according to many of the SETX regulars that is!!

Hum398 - you have a right to be proud of this team - and looking forward to this game.
[/quote]

a heck of a return man too if I remember correctly...

[quote name="HUM398" post="916999" timestamp="1290481891"]
[quote author=Wildcat05 link=topic=76423.msg916972#msg916972 date=1290480646]
[quote author=PURPLE 4EVER link=topic=76423.msg916946#msg916946 date=1290479161]

[/quote]

back on topic:

[/quote]

Wildcat05, i can respect where you are coming from....and i realize that sometimes people view me as hard to get along with.  But i really am not intentionally trying to annoy anyone...i do like to press buttons however.  I try to keep it clean.....   I love the wildcat football as beechnut pointed out....i was hear for the "glory" days, and i have been through the tough patches....

just trying to make sure our guys get the respect they deserver.....welcome to the board Wildcat05'.  Hope you'll stick around for the rest of this season....and following seasons...as i know i will 
[/quote]

I generally read, and avoid posting.  I work a 40-50 hours a week, and simply don't have the time to really keep up with the "Drama".  When you are in sales, any moment spent browsing the internet is a moment spent watching your clients get picked off by competitors.  but you can expect me to support the 'Cats well after this season.  Like you, i bleed purple.

We appreciate the support you have shown HUM398, lets just keep it all in perspective.  its high school football dude, relax and enjoy.

As for FW.  Did i read you post that said they had a couple of guys out ?  Where did you read that?

Well i gotta run, i was suppose to be at the office 10 minutes ago.

[quote name="Wildcat05" post="917176" timestamp="1290522829"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=76423.msg916999#msg916999 date=1290481891]
[quote author=Wildcat05 link=topic=76423.msg916972#msg916972 date=1290480646]

[/quote]

back on topic:

[/quote]

Wildcat05, i can respect where you are coming from....and i realize that sometimes people view me as hard to get along with.  But i really am not intentionally trying to annoy anyone...i do like to press buttons however.  I try to keep it clean.....   I love the wildcat football as beechnut pointed out....i was hear for the "glory" days, and i have been through the tough patches....

[/quote]

I generally read, and avoid posting.  I work a 40-50 hours a week, and simply don't have the time to really keep up with the "Drama".  When you are in sales, any moment spent browsing the internet is a moment spent watching your clients get picked off by competitors.  but you can expect me to support the 'Cats well after this season.  Like you, i bleed purple.

We appreciate the support you have shown HUM398, lets just keep it all in perspective.  its high school football dude, relax and enjoy.

As for FW.  Did i read you post that said they had a couple of guys out ?  Where did you read that?

It was in the Galveston County news and my living room! Manning out with a concussion last week, status?? 2 or 3 starters out with Mono last week, will be back for Humble.

Well i gotta run, i was suppose to be at the office 10 minutes ago.
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami