wos jr.team

[quote name="WOS 98" post="911412" timestamp="1290011969"]
[quote author=Bulldog8 link=topic=76218.msg911284#msg911284 date=1290002049]
No disrespect to any any league. team, or division, but every year it is proven the 10U football is a lot different than 12U football. There is a big difference.

Hey WOS98, dont get upset, yall have a good team you dont need to defend it. You also dont need to bash others, chill  ;)
[/quote]
im not bashin anyone. I just said there is not comp in the STJFL and to many cry babies. All the years I coach some other teams coach had a problem with us puttin 40 on them. Hey footbal is football and if u was to put 40 on me I wouldn't cry. I would just got back to the drawin board and figure out what happen.
[/quote]

WOS JR TEAM WAS PUTTING 40 AND 50AND 60 POINTS ON PEOPLE AND ONE GAME THEY STARTED THEY 3RD STREAM I HEARD AND STILL MANAGE TO PUT UP 40 POINTS AND NOBODY CRIED BOUT IT

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BigD 95" post="911636" timestamp="1290028584"]
No, we would be playing the Sr. Champs (BC).  They are so much more improved from last year, and we didn't progress any (whatever), so they are very confident that they can beat us.  Your head coach has seen us play, he knows deep down what would happen, he's just saying what he supposed to say.  It is so true, Time Heals Pain.  After our dominance last year, several of these same posters were on here saying that they thought we could have won the Sr. Division as well, but a year later, we're running.  How crazy is that?  Like Icewater said, they are the only team that got better, and time froze in Orange.  Give me a break.  We only have about 10 kids from last years team, and have some kids that ya'll have never seen play before.  In fact, we have a kid that moved in from Newton that is the fastest kid on the team.  Careful what you wish for people.
[/quote]

Look BigD95 i dont think one4all has ever said he was from the BC team.. I have tried to not read all this but i did and yes yall are good year after year but anyone can win a game on any given day. I know u think yall would win thats what great coaches think, i know i do but you are not invisible. I am going to say it would be a great game and a very well coached game on both sides.. SO before you keep throwing BC out check and see where the person is from posting.. I am down for whatever DIME u know that... :o :o ;) ;) :-* :-* :o :o

[quote name="Indian1996" post="911774" timestamp="1290042230"]
[quote author=WOS 98 link=topic=76218.msg911412#msg911412 date=1290011969]
[quote author=Bulldog8 link=topic=76218.msg911284#msg911284 date=1290002049]
No disrespect to any any league. team, or division, but every year it is proven the 10U football is a lot different than 12U football. There is a big difference.

Hey WOS98, dont get upset, yall have a good team you dont need to defend it. You also dont need to bash others, chill  ;)
[/quote]
im not bashin anyone. I just said there is not comp in the STJFL and to many cry babies. All the years I coach some other teams coach had a problem with us puttin 40 on them. Hey footbal is football and if u was to put 40 on me I wouldn't cry. I would just got back to the drawin board and figure out what happen.
[/quote]

WOS JR TEAM WAS PUTTING 40 AND 50AND 60 POINTS ON PEOPLE AND ONE GAME THEY STARTED THEY 3RD STREAM I HEARD AND STILL MANAGE TO PUT UP 40 POINTS AND NOBODY CRIED BOUT IT

Indian yea they did! That Monday in practice our President came to us and to us they had a meeting and that we had to start our starters. Next I thought they was gone tell us what kids to start by name....Lol.....im done postin until after our game in McAllen..Hook em Horns

[quote name="wos_112%" post="911858" timestamp="1290048230"]
Wos 98..Indian was talking bout when we played bmt this year..we ran 3rd string when we played them..

[/quote]ok my bad but we did do that last year and put up 56 points in one game. And they had a meetin about it.

I am just wondering why I read 4 pages of posts.......best of luck Longhorns.  It is amazing to see how defensive people get.  I am all about baseball, but I'm not going to get ready to fight because someone posts something derogatory about my team.  Leave Bridge City alone, we just wish the Longhorns best of luck from over the bridge.  STJFL, Lonestar, Pop Warner, Salvation Army......I don't care who you are, seeing boys getting out and playing games is better than them sitting around watching TV.  I have alot of other things I would like to say, but tact prevents me.

[quote name="BigD 95" post="911566" timestamp="1290024774"]
To be honest, we got bored with beating ya'll by 40-50+ every week.  But ur right.  [glow=red,2,300]Wut [/glow] I said was in this area, pop warner teams have better athletes, but are not very well coached teams, and that is just my opinion.  In the last 2 years we have played teams from Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, and Austin areas, and yes they were very well coached teams, and had great athletes, far superior to anything that STJFL has to offer.  Nothing gets settled on this board, so Im done with it.  Ya'll had several chances to prove wut you are saying, and failed miserably everytime.  We proved it on the field.  Keep talking, the floor is yours.  Peace.  Once again, congrats to BC kids.  This is funny.  Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda......Please help me understand what the BIG difference is.  It ain't like we're playing 9 year olds in Pop Warner.  Like I said, see you in Jr. High. 
[/quote]WOW :o

I keep missing the point about it being a BIG DIFFERENCE from Jr. to Sr, it ain't like we went down a level when we went to Pop Warner.  Are any of you aware of the fact that all of the teams that we are playing in Pop Warner consist of about 70% 6th graders, and about 30% 7th graders (older/lighter)?  Most of the 5th graders qualify as older/lighters on the level below us.  That was a huge step for us as well, since some of these kids were already 13 when the season started (cutoff date is July 31st).  I'm assuming the point that you are trying to prove is more of a discredit to Pop Warner than it is to the Longhorns.  Look RB (RUSTY), I never once said that we are invincible, in fact I pointed out our losses, and mentioned our Dog fights in STJFL.  I am also nervous as heck about our game in McAllen this weekend, the same way I was about our game in Austin last weekend.  I respect every opponent.  I also respect your competitive nature.  I'm simply saying that we are not running from anyone, and have absolutely no reason to be scared of anyone in STJFL, but the game has to make sense, and this one doesn't to me.  You of all people, already know the reason that we left, but I will not even begin to start on that issue on here.  I will say this AGAIN, Congrats on your season.  You are the Champs.  This whole argument is pointless anyways, because I would never play a meaningless game like this, because we have absolutely nothing to prove.  This will be my last post on this topic, so feel free to continue saying that we are running, or we are scared.  I am trying to keep my players focused on trynna win a National Championship, and we ask that everyone in the area would keep us in your prayers, and support us as we travel and try to accomplish something that has never been done before, and that's bring the Pop Warner National Championship Trophy back to SETX, because I believe the best football in the world is played right here, and we all deserve a piece of the National recognition.  Hook Em.........

[quote name="BigD 95" post="912003" timestamp="1290079953"]
I keep missing the point about it being a BIG DIFFERENCE from Jr. to Sr, it ain't like we went down a level when we went to Pop Warner.  Are any Iof you aware of the fact that all of the teams that we are playing in Pop Warner consist of about 70% 6th graders, and about 30% 7th graders (older/lighter)?  Most of the 5th graders qualify as older/lighters on the level below us.  That was a huge step for us as well, since some of these kids were already 13 when the season started (cutoff date is July 31st).  I'm assuming the point that you are trying to prove is more of a discredit to Pop Warner than it is to the Longhorns.  Look RB (RUSTY), I never once said that we are invincible, in fact I pointed out our losses, and mentioned our Dog fights in STJFL.  I am also nervous as heck about our game in McAllen this weekend, the same way I was about our game in Austin last weekend.  I respect every opponent.  I also respect your competitive nature.  I'm simply saying that we are not running from anyone, and have absolutely no reason to be scared of anyone in STJFL, but the game has to make sense, and this one doesn't to me.  You of all people, already know the reason that we left, but I will not even begin to start on that issue on here.  I will say this AGAIN, Congrats on your season.  You are the Champs.  This whole argument is pointless anyways, because I would never play a meaningless game like this, because we have absolutely nothing to prove.  This will be my last post on this topic, so feel free to continue saying that we are running, or we are scared.  I am trying to keep my players focused on trynna win a National Championship, and we ask that everyone in the area would keep us in your prayers, and support us as we travel and try to accomplish something that has never been done before, and that's bring the Pop Warner National Championship Trophy back to SETX, because I believe the best football in the world is played right here, and we all deserve a piece of the National recognition.  Hook Em.........
[/quote] Your big long explainations always  sounds good and we do wish u well(really do). And yal was a very good Jr team . . Jr i say! ! Everyone knows Sr level brings it.  .different level of kids and all. . .and point blank u left to your advantage (that's a good coach) all the respect in the world for what u did in THE BIG JR LEVEL