Sheffield Productions catches Flak

videoguy

Sheffield Productions got fussed at Sat.  Some things we brought on ourselves and some could had  been prevented.
  I was disappointed in our "quality control" as we recorded a Lumberton game with the wrong intro.  We didn't even catch the error until it was pointed out to us by the parents that bought the DVD.  Several Moms asked ( demanded ) that we correct the DVD and give them another copy right then.  Wish that we could.  The whole production trailer is tied up doing a "live" game and we don't have the resources or time to correct, reproduce ( would take real time of 2 hours ) and then duplicate the correction.  Actually the duplication would be the easy part.  The correction to a DVD and reproducing the DVD in real time is the slowdown.  Even if we had the time: all the production equipment in the trailer is dedicated to the broadcast.    We will be sending corrected DVDs ASAP this week to the purchasers of the mis-titled DVD.  I felt very bad that this had happened the week before and no one had told us.  I was really disappointed to learn it had happened to the same Lumberton team.  Again we are doing our best to correct this oversight. 
  A group was also very upset that we pronounced several names wrong on the DVD broadcast.  Parents: please,  we pleaded for two weeks for a complete roster, with names and numbers.  We stressed the idea of any name that could be possibly be pronounced wrong to send us a "phoentic" spelling.  The roster was sent, but we were on our own how to say several of the names.    I don't know what else our announcers can do it a situation like this.  I'm very sorry your son's name was mispronounced, but we cannot correct the audio portion of the DVD.  Every week, on the radio shows of football games,  I hear names I know are said wrong but I don't think the station is getting the flak we get and we ARE trying our best. 
  This is another appeal for rosters for the Jr Mid-County Madness games.  Please: 3 copies of rosters in numerical order with any help you can give us on correct pronunciations.  We tape this like a live event;  produce an edited master and make DVDs available on site.  We try and put our best foot foward on something we know will become a keepsake for years to come;  help us out with the rosters.   
  Thank you all for the input and the purchases.  see ya on the field, videoguy 

This happened last year to my son. It was an honest mistake and me and my family just laugh about it. His name is Chad Dallas and they called him Chad Davis through the whole game. They made an honest mistake and the fact remains that we know what his name is even if they got it wrong.

You guys do a good job and we appreciated even having a chance to have a DVD. We are in Pop Warner this year and don't have the chance to have one.

I wouldn't stress to much over it.  I know for a fact that you stressed several times to get the rosters with the pronunciations of the names.  If the parents are complaining, then they need to complain to the coaching staff for not doing what they were asked to do.

I could not be any happier with ALL of my videos from the past few years.  To be honest, the one that I like the most was the one from the Pro Bowl this past weekend.  The guys doing commentary made several references to my Lil Mustang and the camera zoomed in on him a lot.  I LOVED it!

I was a little disappointed that the "meeting in the middle of the team captains" was not on the tape but then, again, I just like seeing my son on video!  ;D

Videoguy: you are the best!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!

I was a little disappointed that the "meeting in the middle of the team captains" was not on the tape but then, again, I just like seeing my son on video!  ;D

Videoguy: you are the best!   THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!

[/quote]

Queenb77630
  excellent critque on missing the captains in the middle.  Others have asked why the teams running through the banners are not on the DVDs or the introduction of teams like we have done in some years past. 
  Answers to all three questions is the space between games and our recordings.    There simply isn't enough time.    While teams exit, our announcers wrapup and we roll credits,  write to disc and finalize 3 separate "Master" DVDs.  All of this going on while teams are coming on the field, coin toss and prepare for kickoff.  The games are so close together and we are saddled with the time it takes to write and finalize the DVDs.  Twice,  we actually had to go onto the field and ask the Refs for just a few more seconds ( thank you again  Refs ) or minutes while these tasks were done.  I DID NOT EVEN like having to step up and ask for a delay, but ths was done twice just so we can do prepare the masters AND load the new DVDs for recording and catch kickoff. 
  Parents and viewers, do you realize there are no official media time outs, no break between games and we still taped halftimes which is usually the "traditional break" for the crew. . . short as it is?  We do not have the luxury of two full crews.  That is a luxury with a cost that we feel would not be fair to pass onto the league or the customers.  Meanwhile, we have a couple of subs that try to give all crew members a quick rotating break while others keep working.  No lunch break either!!!  Our crew was woofing down a link or pizza slice while rolling a replay or getting a "tight shot".  YEAH, probably way more infromation than you wanted to hear . . . but my crew works so hard and I just wanted to brag on them a minute.  Thanks for indulging me. 
  Bottom line,  WE DO listen to suggestions, constructive critiques ( good and bad ) and fresh ideas to better the broadcast.  Our thoughs have always been;  " its not a broadcast as much as it is a time capsule and video memory of a young athlete".    see ya on the field, videoguy

[quote name="NDNfan91" post="909767" timestamp="1289843589"]
As far as Jr MCM...will the names of the alternates be included?  Our flag team has 2.
[/quote]
  Please make sure they are on the roster.  During several of the games, our announcers read the roster list instead of just the starting defensive and offensive lineups.  I thought it was a nice touch, but wasn't sure if they had time to do it for every game. 
  If the each Jr MidCounty team will email me their roster, I will enter them and roll them as part of the credits at the end of the game.  This would be better than trying to read all those names at the front of the game.    To do this, I need the rosters in the next few days. . . not Friday night or Saturday morning!!!  I will in turn take these rosters and give it to our announcers and the PA  announcer.    thanks, see ya on the field, videoguy

quote from video guy:
During several of the games, our announcers read the roster list instead of just the starting defensive and offensive lineups.   I thought it was a nice touch, but wasn't sure if they had time to do it for every game.  

-----------------------
They did for the Sr. Pro Bowl and when I heard his name my heart did a little flip flop and I just had to rewind the video to hear it again! :D

You and your crew did an excellent job Mike.

Let me tell everyone a little story here: 2 years ago my son was on the Jr. team that went to Super Bowl.  He rode the bus to the field while his dad, my oldest son and I followed in our car.  We were involved in an auto accident on top of the Rainbow Bridge that sent me to the hospital in an ambulance.  I checked out with a cracked sturnum but otherwise okay.  I was not able to make the game.  I was not able to see my son and his teammates win the Super Bowl that year.  Not in person at least.  My husband bought a video and brought it home to me.  Through the excellent camera shots and commentary, while I was watching the video, it felt like I was actually there to see his win.

I will always remember that.  The memories of that day and the win will always be there to go back and watch.  It is something that he (my son) can show his kids when he gets older.  

Again: Thank you Sheffield Productions!  Everyone that I have met over the past few years are 100% professional and oh so nice!

First I would like to thank Sheffield Productions for giving us the memories captured on the DVDs this season.  However, when a consumer pays $30 for a video of a special event it should be good quality.  For the most part it was.  One of our videos last week had the wrong header at the intro and had many mispronounced names (phonetic spelling was included on the roster).  Our team was even called Nederland Red at one point during the video.  As a parent, I overlooked this until I got a copy of our first game Saturday and this one had the wrong header as well.  I spent $120 on videos between the two Saturdays so I expect the headers to be correct and for the most part the names to be correct and the players names during the plays to be correct as well.  One of our boys had 3 great runs in a row and the credit on the video was given to a boy sitting on the bench at the time.  Isn't that why we provided 3 copies of the roster with phonetic spellings of each?  We expected, not demanded, for the mistakes to be fixed and this was done by Sheffield Productions.  They were very happy to fix them after the mistakes were brought to their attention but that is just good business, right?  Just asking....not (demanding).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder