ready for some bulldog baseball!!!

1696dogs

[quote name="NHS83LU87" post="912362" timestamp="1290113117"]
[quote author=Dog4Life link=topic=76121.msg912308#msg912308 date=1290107860]
Just really dont think you need the 'Babino' style catcher back there this year. Theres no Bellow whos money was his nasty dirtball slider. Pitching we  have comming back are spot and gas with the occosional mistake in the dirt. Why waste his speed? The catchers (Stamply-K Richard) could handle the job. Need speed and leadership player in center, not just someone to fill a void. JMO
[/quote]

You do have a point.  Ultimately I think it will come down to their bats.....I don't see any way that Sonnier, Schlett, Smith, or Pitts will not be in a lineup due to their proven bats.  Raines' bat looked solid the few at-bats he had last year.  Pitts(RF) and he(LF) are the returning players who were practicing in the outfield at the end of last season.  If Fontenot's bat is hotter than Stamp or K. Richard, I could see him at 3rd with Smith going to the OF.  If Smith goes to OF, I don't see Babs moving from behind plate.  What makes you think having an outfield consisting of three good athletes such as Smith, Pitts, and Raines, would be just filling a void?  Remember the above listed seniors will be playing for their third district title!     

[/quote]

The filling the void ref was to the post saying outfield could be filled will incomming talent.........If you look at my origional post, I did have smith lf, pitts rf and bab center......in my opinion smith and pitts, while excellent outfielders are not CENTERFIELDERS, nothing against them they are great atheletes. Maybe Raines has what it takes, we'll have to see.....

1b pitts,2b schlett,ss sonnier,3b smith,of raines,fontenot, c.richard,lesalle IMO. I do not know how many of you watch varsity football this year but if you want to talk speed in the outfield i think C. Richard has that all the way around. But who knows were are talking about Nederland sports always preparing for the next year but next year never seems to get here.

[quote name="Dog4Life" post="912308" timestamp="1290107860"]
Just really dont think you need the 'Babino' style catcher back there this year. Theres no Bellow whos money was his nasty dirtball slider. Pitching we  have comming back are spot and gas with the occosional mistake in the dirt. Why waste his speed? The catchers (Stamply-K Richard) could handle the job. Need speed and leadership player in center, not just someone to fill a void. JMO
[/quote] Your leadership Player will be the SS Trevin Sonnier is the best leader this team could have!

[quote name="lefty3162" post="916104" timestamp="1290391505"]
Dont know about other sports but to me Bulldog Baseball has not looked liked it was playing for the future the last couple of years.Looked like they were playing to win!
[/quote]
Exactly, we're going for a 3-peat.....Dont look like much 'future' ball has been going on. True TSon will be one of the major  leaders on this team, but remember we have ALOT of 3yr letterman and a 4yr to take charge on the field as well.
Looking forward to this year to see if this senior core group can tend to some unfinished buisness!!!

[quote name="Dog4Life" post="916265" timestamp="1290402110"]
[quote author=lefty3162 link=topic=76121.msg916104#msg916104 date=1290391505]
Dont know about other sports but to me Bulldog Baseball has not looked liked it was playing for the future the last couple of years.Looked like they were playing to win!
[/quote]
Exactly, we're going for a 3-peat.....Dont look like much 'future' ball has been going on. True TSon will be one of the major  leaders on this team, but remember we have ALOT of 3yr letterman and a 4yr to take charge on the field as well.
Looking forward to this year to see if this senior core group can tend to some unfinished buisness!!!
[/quote]

Sounds like y'all will have a good team once again.  Does anybody know when schedules come out?  I'm curious to see what setx teams will be attending the Brenham tournament...

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="916307" timestamp="1290410863"]
[quote author=Dog4Life link=topic=76121.msg916265#msg916265 date=1290402110]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Sounds like y'all will have a good team once again.  Does anybody know when schedules come out?  I'm curious to see what setx teams will be attending the Brenham tournament...
[/quote]Best way to find out is to ask your Coach, he allready knows. That stuff (tourneys) is done in August, September.

[quote name="9Doggies" post="916678" timestamp="1290457248"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=76121.msg916307#msg916307 date=1290410863]
[quote author=Dog4Life link=topic=76121.msg916265#msg916265 date=1290402110]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]Best way to find out is to ask your Coach, he allready knows. That stuff (tourneys) is done in August, September.
[/quote]

I never see him.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ranger83
[quote name="9Doggies" post="929931" timestamp="1291999020"]
http://www.texassports.com/sports/m-basebl/sched/tex-m-basebl-sched.html
Yep! ;D . No i don't but you need to start getting that arm lose.
[/quote]

What's wrong, Augie spending all his travel money on that Hawaii trip? ;D
Geeze, every game's in Austin.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline