Kirbyville vs Brownsboro

kville

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="wowzer99" post="899526" timestamp="1289078082"]
Kirbyville's got this.  Brownsboro can pass the ball pretty well, but it won't be enough.  Their defense isn't very good.
[/quote]

Brownsboro :6-4 overall.....2-2 Dist.play

Points for: 355.....Points against.....298....30 points give up a game
  Key Players..Owens QB #7...Receiver:  Taylor #18
                        POWER RATING:21.6

Kirbyville : 10-0 (dist.champs)

Points for :487.....Points against 106.....11 points give up per game
Key Players : Entire Wildcat Team...
                              POWER RATING: 44.1

Everyone that sees a player or coach this week let them know. We want to see some fire from all of them. No troting back on the field after plays, or walking out at halftime, no letting the other team have a "fair chance" to score. If every player would show Breeds enthusiam every play we could clear out a spot for that big trophy! From here out " I don't want to see nothing but snot bubbles". Stick with the  2 point conversions and somebody get that barefooted kid on the sideline a set of pads!  Go get 'em Cats

Wildcats ROLL ON! Stay focused on the game at hand, never ahead! Kcat-fan, it was truely nice to meet you this Friday night. It's nice to finally put a face to some of the names on here. Be safe on all of your travels! Hope to see you in Lufkin! Wildcat_in_pink, I have to agree with you girl. It was a VERY quiet night Friday, but then again, its kinda hard to cheer when your teeth are chattering!  :D Kville68, I'll buy the shoulder pads if you buy the cleats!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="wildcat_in_pink" post="899507" timestamp="1289077353"]
i cant wait not only a great ball game to watch but 2 great bands!!!! LETS GO WILDCATS!!!!! and Wildcat fans lets bring on the noise this time....to many peoplemust have been practising for openingday!! ive never been to a quiet ball game. I can honestly saw it sucked.....I LOVE OUR MOUTHS!!!!!
[/quote]Don't worry pink if noise is what you want noise is what you'll get. I've been saving my noise maker for the playoffs and when you here it you'll know its me. If you've been to some of the playoff games in the past you've heard it ;D

[quote name="kville68" post="899601" timestamp="1289080418"]
Everyone that sees a player or coach this week let them know. We want to see some fire from all of them. No troting back on the field after plays, or walking out at halftime, no letting the other team have a "fair chance" to score. If every player would show Breeds enthusiam every play we could clear out a spot for that big trophy! From here out " I don't want to see nothing but snot bubbles". Stick with the  2 point conversions and somebody get that barefooted kid on the sideline a set of pads!  Go get 'em Cats
[/quote]I agree 68 we look like a different team in the secound half. They look like they lose that fire and just get lazy. I can't believe our coaching staff puts up with that. If they don't stay fired up for four quarters in the playoffs we wont make it to state. Good example is the Jasper game last year. We came out kickin butt in the first half and then got lazy in the 2nd half and Jasper came back and beat us.

Kirbyville seems to play to the level of the competition...They have always give up big plays even when they are dominating a team...They hold a team for three downs and then on 4th and 1 a team will bust them for a 65 yard gainer...I've seen it over and over everyone knows this, so I think the Coaches should know it to...They better learn to play 4 quarters of football and keep their head in the game,from here on out you don't have next week. Or they will be scratching a losing butt in the near future.... ;)

I am glad that I am not the only one! We all love to brag on the Cats and nobody else better talk about them but the truth is they lack any killer instinct. They have been coached to play great football and at the same time coached to be soft. Hooks and Barbay would never take it easy on us or anyone else. Week after week we treat our opponants like we dont want to hurt their little feelings and then when we get into a real fight we expect the same. Well nobody else is worried about Kirbyville's self esteem so we get whipped. They have all the tools but IMO the modern everybody is a winner, everybody gets a trophy, lets swap spit after the game mentality is never going to win a championship. Pull the starters when you have a big lead. Ford should have never played a down after he got what he needed Friday. But when Center came out after halftime they were fired up like they were up by 21. The Cats half troted out and their play after that looked horrible. Yes the play makers did what they always do but as a whole they did not look good and they did not play with heart. Do they even know that they don't get in trouble for shutting someone out? Alverez should be blowing a gasket when they have them on 4th and 15 and let them get the first down.  If he does not get fired up then why would the boys? If thats not his style he better delegate it to someone because you are not going all the way without heart. Sorry I have to vent here but you can bet all of the teams from here out fought for a spot and if the wildcats don't learn to play all four quarters its gonna be a short run in the playoffs. I believe this team has what it takes and they can do it but the fans have to show fire, expect the boys to play with fire and the coaches have to demand some fire or we just need to step aside and let a team that really wants it take our spot.

The 'killer instinct" is something I have mentioned several times...All I can say is..It's not my job to coach, And I don't try to,But I do as well as everyone else have an opinion I hope they get that fire and that desire to win and, win it big they have the talent ...If the Wildcat's don't start playing 4 quarter football it will be a short run...

I really think we'll be fine. In the past several years in the playoffs we have always played with fire and that killer instinct for 4 quarters. And I agree that alot of it is because of who we're playing and the competition. I really don't think they will take that mentality into the playoffs. With that said all you [color=red]Wildcat[/color] fans come to the games give them your support and make some noise its gonna be a fun ride!!!!!

[quote name="WildcatGRAD81" post="900432" timestamp="1289146843"]
I really think we'll be fine. In the past several years in the playoffs we have always played with fire and that killer instinct for 4 quarters. And I agree that alot of it is because of who we're playing and the competition. I really don't think they will take that mentality into the playoffs. With that said all you [color=red]Wildcat[/color] fans come to the games give them your support and make some noise its gonna be a fun ride!!!!!
[/quote]

I played football for Kirbyville..I'm a 30 year vetran fan...There's no doubting the talent,I just hope they use it to their full potential...It's a long hard ride to State and you have to be running full throtle to make it..I'm not knocking the Wildcat's in any way..Just want to see that fire & desire..GO CAT'S..!!!!

[quote name="wildcatfan2000" post="899966" timestamp="1289095345"]
Wildcats ROLL ON! Stay focused on the game at hand, never ahead! Kcat-fan, it was truely nice to meet you this Friday night. It's nice to finally put a face to some of the names on here. Be safe on all of your travels! Hope to see you in Lufkin! Wildcat_in_pink, I have to agree with you girl. It was a VERY quiet night Friday, but then again, its kinda hard to cheer when your teeth are chattering!  :D Kville68, I'll buy the shoulder pads if you buy the cleats!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Great to meet you too!! Like I said I work on the road mostly so I appreciate this forum and the people on it.....I agree on the quiet fans, well some not all, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this team needs some fire. I hope now we're in the playoffs they start playing with those "killer insticts", poppin' those pads, strippin balls, holding on 4th......I was thinking maybe they're bored with this weak dist. this year ???.....WAKE EM UP COACH!!!

[quote name="kcat-fan" post="900457" timestamp="1289148401"]
[quote author=wildcatfan2000 link=topic=75635.msg899966#msg899966 date=1289095345]
[/quote]

Great to meet you too!! Like I said I work on the road mostly so I appreciate this forum and the people on it.....I agree on the quiet fans, well some not all, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this team needs some fire. I hope now we're in the playoffs they start playing with those "killer insticts", poppin' those pads, strippin balls, holding on 4th......I was thinking maybe they're bored with this weak dist. this year ???.....WAKE EM UP COACH!!!
[/quote]

;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder