5. Eric Chesson            BC            18:53.46
6. Brock Jones              BC              19:03.69
7. Sawyer Hogan          BC            19:18.04
8. Callen Brooks            HF              19:24.33
9. Cody Burrell              HF              20:25.64
10. Jesus Arevalo          HF              20:29.82

[quote name="PANTHERPLAYA09" post="889069" timestamp="1288216276"]
Is that a 5K course?

That seems a little slow for top ten times? I'm not dogging any runners here..I'm just a little confused. I thought BC was faster than that as a whole/
[/quote]

that's what i'm thinking, the course is supposed to be 5k i think, but every course does have it's own "character" that can affect times. I know a sub 16:30 won 22-3A and Huffman's top runner is a beast, personal best of 15:39 last time i checked so he was nearly a minute off that, yesterdays heat and humidity surely made it hard to get good air, maybe it was even worse where 21 ran. guess we'll know in a week and half or so just where everybody is.

edit:just to clarify, not taking anything away from the guys in 21, top 7 spots for BC is an impressive feat, congrats to those guys for such domination  ;D .....run forest run.....

Well being that am very familiar with both courses Liberty and Claiborne Park, and both Schools I promise you Liberty course is WAY faster than Claiborne Park.  The guy who won 21-3A beat the 2nd place finisher in district 22-3A by about 15 seconds less than 2 weeks ago.  You never compare one course to another.  Also, when you know you are that dominant in a district they probably didn't really try to set personal records especially with how hot the temperature has been lately.  Bridge City will be just fine.

[quote name="Kris_Gilmore" post="889244" timestamp="1288227924"]
Well being that am very familiar with both courses Liberty and Claiborne Park, and both Schools I promise you Liberty course is WAY faster than Claiborne Park.  The guy who won 21-3A beat the 2nd place finisher in district 22-3A by about 15 seconds less than 2 weeks ago.  You never compare one course to another.  Also, when you know you are that dominant in a district they probably didn't really try to set personal records especially with how hot the temperature has been lately.  Bridge City will be just fine.
[/quote]

For starters..I'm not even sure the district meet was at Liberty....was it? Or was it at Chain-o-Lakes?? If it was at Liberty..yes..much faster course..if it was at Chain-o-Lakes, like it usually is..then no. That is the slowest course I've ever run.

[quote name="PANTHERPLAYA09" post="889370" timestamp="1288238014"]
[quote author=Kris_Gilmore link=topic=75025.msg889244#msg889244 date=1288227924]
[/quote]

For starters..I'm not even sure the district meet was at Liberty....was it? Or was it at Chain-o-Lakes?? If it was at Liberty..yes..much faster course..if it was at Chain-o-Lakes, like it usually is..then no. That is the slowest course I've ever run.
[/quote]

liberty, now i'm wondering why the 22 times were so slow  ;)

I don't think they were that slow.  Harvinder Singh ran solo the entire race when he ran 15:39 and the temp was about 55 - 60 degrees, and he got beat by a lot of people.  Huge difference when you are running by yourself with a big lead when the temperature is 25 degrees hotter.  Combined with maybe Tarkington kid didn't have his best race at Lufkin and the fact that Bridge City had complete domination over there district.

Look at BC's boys times throughout the year. None of the boys had a pr. That's not their goal at district. They need to pr at regionals/state. Also, yesterday was really hot and I think Gilmore is Huffman's CC coach so I do believe he knows where they ran district. Same for Huffman...no reason to try and pr at district. They have a great team and I'm sure their goal is the same at BC's. Get to state and win it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami