What if they canceled the Texas high school football playoffs?

if they lock out then just get them from another state.. same rules apply... the refs don't want to pay $50 to reg with state...
I don't like to pay state and local taxes but I have to .....
I was a ref for a while.... i cannot do it now because of job... but a ref can make good money if they work...Monday 7th grade games.(A,B and sometimes C games - $90-$135) Tuesday 8th( A,B,C - $90-$135), Thursday (Fres A,B, and JV - $90-$135) and Varsity Friday (based on attendance - say $70-100) and if you want Pop Warner on weekends..($35 a game-4 games- $140 plus food and drinks provided......they can make $510-$645 a week..... that is good money for working 31 hours a week.... this just means they have to do one more fresh/Jv or jr high game... they get paid $45 to do any of these games... and the more games you do.. the better you get...
I know it is tough to get refs these days... but if they are smart, they would attack places where people need money... colleges... make these pitches about money to a college kid that is a kinesiology major and they will jump on it....
The problem is a lot of these refs don't want to work that much... so they only due 1 or 2 sub varsity games (which they hate doing)...
I remember doing a JV game that had 4 refs on the schedule and I was the only one to show up... had to do it by myself... it was not fare to the kids....
My advice to the refs it to suck it up... You are suppose to do it for the kids anyway right???

I dont want to get into this fight, but I agree, its not about money or taxes. This whole thing is for the kids. Why is it so hard now a days to realize that this isnt an enterprise? Its FOR THE KIDS. So TASO and the UIL need to realize that. I have no idea of what is going on, nor do I want to, but come on people!

[quote name="bh89-2" post="881824" timestamp="1287594966"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=74744.msg881791#msg881791 date=1287593639]
I volunteer to officiate all Dayton playoff games! ;D
[/quote]

What's Stewart's relatives going to do if you take their jobs?    ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]
We will send them to BH as coaches and maybe yall get 2nd in district next year ;D ;D

[quote name="TheRef" post="881965" timestamp="1287601943"]
Coop thanks for the article!

I have stated my opinion with a few facts in the future of football in Texas blog

I am interested to see what your brother thinks about all this!
[/quote]

He's undergoing plastic sugery so Bridge City does not recognize him in the spriped uniform this Friday.  ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder