What if they canceled the Texas high school football playoffs?

Had to sort out how to answer two replies at the same time.

BADSANTA
Freshman

[applaud] [smite]

Re: What if they canceled the Texas high school football playoffs?
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 11:08:33 AM »
Faster start to basketball season!

First one..........DUUUUH, those are TASO officials also, no officials, no B-ball either.

slsblab

Re: What if they canceled the Texas high school football playoffs?
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 11:50:41 AM »
I would dislike Refs more than I do now!!

Second one, although the TASO guys would probably quit, do you REALLY think the officiating would be better?

Come on guys think about it, what the UIL is trying to do is like a reverse of a company unionizing, but instead of the workers coming together under one mindset, they are trying to force the officials to join in their little game. Hmmmm, sounds sort of like what the Taliban and other followers of Sharia law try to do.

[quote name="Scooter!" post="881980" timestamp="1287602779"]
[quote author=WeedBegone link=topic=74744.msg881978#msg881978 date=1287602713]
Scooter, I think you'd make a fine ref for the HS playoffs since you won't have a dog in Da Hunt.
[/quote]yep, a WB playoff game  ;) :D
[/quote]Yeah right Scooter, you'd be about as unbiased as SgtReyes.  :D

[quote name="KFDM KERRY COOPER" post="881727" timestamp="1287590429"]
http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/bayou/2010/10/20/what-if-they-canceled-the-texas-high-school-football-playoffs/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BE-TheBayou+%28BE-The+Bayou+feed%29
[/quote]

This is not true. The UIL backdown from this about 2 weeks ago, a district judge i believed refered to the suit as "Silly and Immature"

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="890242" timestamp="1288368563"]
[quote author=KFDM KERRY COOPER link=topic=74744.msg881727#msg881727 date=1287590429]
http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/bayou/2010/10/20/what-if-they-canceled-the-texas-high-school-football-playoffs/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BE-TheBayou+%28BE-The+Bayou+feed%29
[/quote]

This is not true. The UIL backdown from this about 2 weeks ago, a district judge i believed refered to the suit as "Silly and Immature"
[/quote]

I think you will find the Judge said the behaviour of the UIL was silly and immature.

At present all that has happened is the self imposed deadline by UIL for officials to join has been moved back by the UIL until Dec 1st with another court hearing due before then.

So the playoffs will start but whether they finish is open to question.

Also on the point about the UIL making the officials better it ain't gonna happen. Many experienced officials will walk away leaving fewer and poorer official behind. As you still need the officials to work games you will find that the UIL cannot easily take action against an official as there will not be enough to go around.

At present the UIL has no one in authority who understands football officiating and the rumour mill has UIL signing up to the federation of high school associations to be able to use their material. The only problem is Federation rules are different from NCAA rules and so you would witness a very interesting period as coaches learnt and taught the new rules.

[quote name="kacetwo" post="890294" timestamp="1288373097"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=74744.msg890242#msg890242 date=1288368563]
[quote author=KFDM KERRY COOPER link=topic=74744.msg881727#msg881727 date=1287590429]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you will find the Judge said the behaviour of the UIL was silly and immature.

At present all that has happened is the self imposed deadline by UIL for officials to join has been moved back by the UIL until Dec 1st with another court hearing due before then.

So the playoffs will start but whether they finish is open to question.

Also on the point about the UIL making the officials better it ain't gonna happen. Many experienced officials will walk away leaving fewer and poorer official behind. As you still need the officials to work games you will find that the UIL cannot easily take action against an official as there will not be enough to go around.

At present the UIL has no one in authority who understands football officiating and the rumour mill has UIL signing up to the federation of high school associations to be able to use their material. The only problem is Federation rules are different from NCAA rules and so you would witness a very interesting period as coaches learnt and taught the new rules.
[/quote]

If they didn't have 3 teams from each district going to the play-offs would help..Going to the play-offs with a 2-3 district record is border line ridiculous... ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124