Jeremy Johnson is leaving West Virginia

I dont know.  Young men always want the best.  They see the guys on TV and say "Thats me in a couple of years!"  Who can blame them.  But a bunch of these young men are from small towns and are going to a university that has an enrolement larger than the population of their own town.  I can see that it could be a little overwelming.

I pointed that fact out to a young man who might have a chance at playing at the next level.  He went to a large university for a visit then a small one.  He felt confortable at the smaller university.  I am sure if they both asked.....he would choose the smaller one. 

Big Time is Where Your At.  I was told that and will always remember it.

I never had that problem.....In the Corps, they dont care if you miss Momma or not. :D....and I knew that.

I am just glad that all the young men that have transferd this year have had a place to go.  The goal is to get an edjucation....they are still on that path.

I dont care if JJ is from Silsbee or Beaumont.  If I get to see him in four years and he has completed his edjucation...I am shaking his hand and leting him know I am proud of him.

Sorry for the spelling.....the Corps doesnt offer English....they do but.....I cant forward what I learnd. ;)  I hope JJ, and the other six that have transferd will be able to.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="the sports guy" post="874510" timestamp="1287068644"]
I dont know.  Young men always want the best.  They see the guys on TV and say "Thats me in a couple of years!"  Who can blame them.  But a bunch of these young men are from small towns and are going to a university that has an enrolement larger than the population of their own town.  I can see that it could be a little overwelming.

I pointed that fact out to a young man who might have a chance at playing at the next level.  He went to a large university for a visit then a small one.  He felt confortable at the smaller university.  I am sure if they both asked.....he would choose the smaller one. 

Big Time is Where Your At.  I was told that and will always remember it.

I never had that problem.....In the Corps, they dont care if you miss Momma or not. :D....and I knew that.

I am just glad that all the young men that have transferd this year have had a place to go.  The goal is to get an edjucation....they are still on that path.

I dont care if JJ is from Silsbee or Beaumont.  If I get to see him in four years and he has completed his edjucation...I am shaking his hand and leting him know I am proud of him.

Sorry for the spelling.....the Corps doesnt offer English....they do but.....I cant forward what I learnd. ;)  I hope JJ, and the other six that have transferd will be able to.
[/quote]

great post

[quote name="basketball25" post="874442" timestamp="1287063303"]
All i am saying  is he needs to realize that he's a freshman and he prob won't get the opportunity to play as a true freshman and he prob won't play as a sophmore, get in the weight room  get faster, bigger, and stronger and win the battle at the qb position but kids these days want everything handed to them and don't want to work for it i mean he's been the best athlete in his school all his career now he's in college and there are athletes just like him and its a little bit tougher for him now not just being the best!!!!Kids gotta learn to work hard , I mean nothing against the kid he's a heck of a athlete, I just don't see why all these kids come home...
[/quote]

Dude you can't generalize this situation. Every situation is different and I have no inside information on this young man. But, he is a true freshman playing behind a stud sophome. So, what the sophomore is going to quit lifting weights, quit running and doing things to get better. No, he is going to work his butt off too because they are at a high major university. If this kid was a junior or senior I'd probably agree with what you stated but that isn't the case here.

[quote name="bigred360" post="874625" timestamp="1287076256"]
[quote author=basketball25 link=topic=74394.msg874442#msg874442 date=1287063303]
All i am saying  is he needs to realize that he's a freshman and he prob won't get the opportunity to play as a true freshman and he prob won't play as a sophmore, get in the weight room  get faster, bigger, and stronger and win the battle at the qb position but kids these days want everything handed to them and don't want to work for it i mean he's been the best athlete in his school all his career now he's in college and there are athletes just like him and its a little bit tougher for him now not just being the best!!!!Kids gotta learn to work hard , I mean nothing against the kid he's a heck of a athlete, I just don't see why all these kids come home...
[/quote]

Dude you can't generalize this situation. Every situation is different and I have no inside information on this young man. But, he is a true freshman playing behind a stud sophome. So, what the sophomore is going to quit lifting weights, quit running and doing things to get better. No, he is going to work his butt off too because they are at a high major university. If this kid was a junior or senior I'd say probably agree with what you stated but that isn't the case here.

[/quote]

Not to mention that the other freshman QB there was the NUMBER 1 dual threat QB IN THE COUNTRY THIS YEAR!!!!!  JJ wants to play QB.  I don't blame him.

I suspect Cody Green will transfer to another FBS school. He would have to sit out one year, but it would be a Red-Shirt year since he got PT as a true Fish. Also since Nebraska is moving to the Big Ten next season he could transfer within the Big 12 and not have to sit out 2 years, which is the case when transfering within the same conference. i personally think Cody would fit in great at TCU!

If JJ wants to play QB he will probably have to go FCS. Before you guys get all bent outta shape and insinuate that I am downing the kid as a QB, I am not, but facts are facts, the local FBS schools did not recruit him as a QB for a reason and I doubt anything that occured at WVU changed those opinions. Maybe one of the smaller FBS schools like UNT, ULM or LaTech?? If he goes to Baylor he will not start at QB for the next couple of seasons...RGIII is a stud!

[quote name="badndn" post="874665" timestamp="1287080235"]
I suspect Cody Green will transfer to another FBS school. He would have to sit out one year, but it would be a Red-Shirt year since he got PT as a true Fish. Also since Nebraska is moving to the Big Ten next season he could transfer within the Big 12 and not have to sit out 2 years, which is the case when transfering within the same conference. i personally think Cody would fit in great at TCU!

If JJ wants to play QB he will probably have to go FCS. Before you guys get all bent outta shape and insinuate that I am downing the kid as a QB, I am not, but facts are facts, the local FBS schools did not recruit him as a QB for a reason and I doubt anything that occured at WVU changed those opinions. Maybe one of the smaller FBS schools like UNT, ULM or LaTech?? If he goes to Baylor he will not start at QB for the next couple of seasons...RGIII is a stud!
[/quote]

If he goes to Baylor it will be as a QB.  He would sit out this year.  Many think RG3 will be gone after next year(his junior year) and johnson could step in and have 3 full years at QB(Briles thinks alot of JJ as a Qb just so you know).  Art Briles works WONDERS with QB's and sees things other coaches don't(see Kevin Kolb, Case Keenum, and RG3).  Remember............no one and I repeat no one at the major D1 level recruited RG3 as a QB besides Briles.  Fact!

[quote name="badndn" post="874665" timestamp="1287080235"]

If JJ wants to play QB he will probably have to go FCS. Before you guys get all bent outta shape and insinuate that I am downing the kid as a QB, I am not, but facts are facts, the local FBS schools did not recruit him as a QB for a reason and I doubt anything that occured at WVU changed those opinions. Maybe one of the smaller FBS schools like UNT, ULM or LaTech?? [b]If he goes to Baylor he will not start at QB for the next couple of seasons...RGIII is a stud![/b][/quote]

If he went to Baylor (who recruited him to play QB, along with the likes of Michigan, TCU and others) he would have to sit out next year thus giving him 3 years left to play. His first year to play would be Griffin's senior year which would leave him 2 years after that.

JJ has plenty of options, trust me. ;)

edit: sleepy knows too. ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="874698" timestamp="1287083515"]
[quote author=coachacola link=topic=74394.msg874691#msg874691 date=1287082630]
A few months ago JJ did post on his Facebook page that he was transferring to Baylor, which he quickly retracted.
[/quote]

Correct.
[/quote]

So is he going to be on Lamar's sideline Saturday night?

[quote name="basketball25" post="874393" timestamp="1287058350"]
What is  it with all these kids that can't stay at the college they sign with, they all end up coming home it's a shame, they need to be more tough mentally and realize that maybe the first 2 yrs of there college career they might not play but that doesn't mean they should come home!!!! Work hard and win a position, I mean he could play wr or db and be a starter next yr......
[/quote]

Why?  What difference does it make?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="875040" timestamp="1287111846"]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=74394.msg875035#msg875035 date=1287111752]
From WVU to Lamar? Really? WOW
[/quote]

No one has said he was going to Lamar. He is just going to be attending the Lamar game Saturday night.
[/quote]

Shouldn't you be posting on an Aggies board?

Guest baseball25
All I am saying is all these kids come home when there at big schools, they get everything handed to them in hs and when they get to college they gotta work and earn a position and its not giving to them, your competing against another stud, kids just need to work a little harder that's and earn it, instead they cone back home or go to a div aa school, I mean they need to realize not many true fr and sophmores play and start just the way it is, I mean ur always a couple of injuries away from getting to play, some kids just aren't mentally tough sometiemes, bec I rem from a good source last yr jj wasn't getting his way during basketball season so he quits!!!!! And I'm sure after this post I will be getting excuses and etc, I'm just being realistic here kids these days want everything handed to them and want there hand held.

[quote name="basketball25" post="875176" timestamp="1287143938"]
All I am saying is all these kids come home when there at big schools, they get everything handed to them in hs and when they get to college they gotta work and earn a position and its not giving to them, your competing against another stud, kids just need to work a little harder that's and earn it, instead they cone back home or go to a div aa school, I mean they need to realize not many true fr and sophmores play and start just the way it is, I mean ur always a couple of injuries away from getting to play, some kids just aren't mentally tough sometiemes, bec I rem from a good source last yr jj wasn't getting his way during basketball season so he quits!!!!! And I'm sure after this post I will be getting excuses and etc, I'm just being realistic here kids these days want everything handed to them and want there hand held.
[/quote]
Not in my house.. ;)

Griffin will not be leaving early for the NFL. He is a very good college QB, but NFL?? Think Pat White!

The reason for my statement about not being recruited as a QB, was because I read when he signed with WVU that one of the reasons for doing so was because they promissed a shot at QB and others had not.

2 years to groom at Baylor under Briles and behind a similar QB in Griffin wouldn't be a bad thing!

I wish him well. And hope for our sake (local fans) he is real, real homesick and chooses LU! ;D

My kids earn everything they have...and like the real world, they have to maintain it....so I say, I will get you anything you want, but are you willing to pay for it in the long run....they maintain items with grades, chores, and effort during competition.....i.e when they didn't have anything(before 13) they were entitled to keep all grades above 75%....as cell phone came in and so forth that increased to 80% and 84%....if they score below that on a report card the loose there phone for a six weeks for not maintaining their grades, similar to someone who decides to buy a new car, if you don't pay it, you loose it....you have to work harder....computer privileges, organizer up keep, chores not completed in a timely manner, and my favorite, lack of effort in competition....one of my sons told me once "I can't finish first everytime", I told him he better be willing to die trying! ....come live with us.. ;D

[quote name="badndn" post="875204" timestamp="1287147123"]
Griffin will not be leaving early for the NFL. He is a very good college QB, but NFL?? Think Pat White!

The reason for my statement about not being recruited as a QB, was because I read when he signed with WVU that one of the reasons for doing so was because they promissed a shot at QB and others had not.

2 years to groom at Baylor under Briles and behind a similar QB in Griffin wouldn't be a bad thing!

I wish him well. And hope for our sake (local fans) he is real, real homesick and chooses LU! ;D
[/quote]

Did you just compare Pat White to Robert Griffin?  You are displaying a severe lack of football knowledge if so.  Robert Griffin is a passing QB that happens to be very fast and trust me when I say there will be a possibility of him leaving after next year.  A few stats to chew on for you.

Pat Whites Senior season at WVU
191 rushing attempts for 1,109 yds
Passing
180-274-7 ints 1842 yds 21 tds 153.5 yds per game

Pat Whites Junior season at WVU
197 rushing attempts for 1,423 yds
Passing
144-216-4 ints 1724 14tds 132.6 yds per game

Robert Griffins freshman year
173 rushing attempts 843 yds
Passing
160-267-3 ints 2,091 yds 15 tds 174.2 yds per game

Robert Griffin this year through 6 games(he missed 80 percent of last year and the three teams he played were bad so I excluded those)
55 rushing attempts for 288 yds
Passing
132-205-2 ints 13tds 1,735 yds 289 yds per game

If baylor makes a bowl here are griffins projected stats for this year.

3,757 passing yards 28 tds and 624 rushing yards.  Hardly Pat White

Robert griffin will throw for more yards in these 2 years as a college QB than Pat White did for his entire career(he started all 4 years so it is a fair comparison).  Robert Griffin is a passing QB who happens to be very fast.  Robert Griffin is averaging under 9 rushes per game.  Half of which are scrambles.  Pat white averaged 15 rushes per game.  Sorry buddy.  2 TOTALLY different QB's!

[quote name="Sgt Rey" post="875209" timestamp="1287147548"]
My kids earn everything they have...and like the real world, they have to maintain it....so I say, I will get you anything you want, but are you willing to pay for it in the long run....they maintain items with grades, chores, and effort during competition.....i.e when they didn't have anything(before 13) they were entitled to keep all grades above 75%....as cell phone came in and so forth that increased to 80% and 84%....if they score below that on a report card the loose there phone for a six weeks for not maintaining their grades, similar to someone who decides to buy a new car, if you don't pay it, you loose it....you have to work harder....computer privileges, organizer up keep, chores not completed in a timely manner, and my favorite, lack of effort in competition....one of my sons told me once "I can't finish first everytime", I told him he better be willing to die trying! ....come live with us.. ;D
[/quote]dayum Sarge

[quote name="Sgt Rey" post="875209" timestamp="1287147548"]
[/quote]
Gotta love a jar head.  It is the same at our house.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics