LC-M vs. Central Predictions?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna weigh in on this one. I'm glad that LCM is having a great season. I'm also glad Central turned things around. Both teams are tops in 20-4A and both will make the playoffs, one of them will be district champs. I dont think LCM has seen a caliber team like Central and will struggle. Central will win this on one in a tight contest. Y'all play hard and dont get anybody hurt!

First let me say congrats to the Jags... As I said last game, if we win the turnover battle and if LCM cannot stop the big play, I have the Jags winning it.  I have not seen LCM but I can't gauge their team off their schedule.  They are 5-0, good job, and a tough feat!  I know SOS is not everything but wow!!!! Not impressed! Have perspective!

I have to tip my hat to BMTSoulja1.  He called it regarding Central, even after the two big losses to WB and PAM.
Congratulations to the Jags for going to Livingston and winning in overtime.  That showed a lot about their team.

I am picking Central in this one by 7+.
Central is doing what all coaches want to be doing, and that is, they are improving each week.
Their offense is clicking on all cylinders and their defense is getting better.
I don't know if they had any turnovers, or caused any, but that also helps to not turn the ball over.

I will not be able to watch this game because I plan to attend the PAM vs NS game on Friday, and attend the LU Homecoming game on Saturday.

BMTSoulja1, you are correct, everybody has room for improvement.

By winning 3 weeks in a row, Central has gained momentum and a key ingredient for success, and that is confidence.
Winning against Galveston Ball was important just to get into the Win column
Winning against Ozen was a big emotional rivalry win.
Winning against Livingston, at Livingston, was a confidence booster, especially after Livingston had just won against the defending District Champions.

Central has momentum and confidence, and so does LCM, but Central has been baptized by fire against PAM and WB.
Granted they still have room for improvement, but they are coming along and progressing each week.

I havent seen central play just heard of who they played so far.
But i have seen lcm play every game this year and they are getting better and better.
The defense has really suprised me and just about everyone else this year.
Up until this year the lcm defense has been nonexisting.
I think the biggest improvement is the o-line and the running game.
I know this is gonna be a close game and i dont see alot of points being scored.
I think its gonna come down to who has the better qb.
And ill take gonzo over anyone in the district.

[quote name="vidorSDMF" post="865585" timestamp="1286208292"]
LCM has been on the back burner last few years, central has always done great ([b]and also has a bit of luck in overtime if i do remember the central/vidor games the past two years [/b]  ;)) LCM has done great thus far but i think central will take this W in overtime by 2.
[/quote] ::) ::) ::) ::)

[quote name="utguy09" post="865646" timestamp="1286215585"]
But i have seen lcm play every game this year and they are getting better and better.
I know this is gonna be a close game and i dont see alot of points being scored.
[/quote]You should take a 3 year starter SR. QB over a first year varsity Sophmore QB.  That's only natural.  But in this game, there is a chance that the young gun may outshine the vet here...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="865767" timestamp="1286225414"]
[quote author=utguy09 link=topic=73839.msg865646#msg865646 date=1286215585]
[/quote]You should take a 3 year starter SR. QB over a first year varsity Sophmore QB.  That's only natural.  But in this game, there is a chance that the young gun may outshine the vet here...
[/quote]
Lets see how he shines with the bears in his face all night.  ;D

[quote name="Bear Country" post="865874" timestamp="1286233460"]
Who's central's go to man this year? Obvious LCM's is Gonzo and sonnier
[/quote]Heard is the game breaker at RB.  Averaging 8 ypc.  passing, the young gun QB have Cross, Brazier, and the big go to reciever Ogletree. We have some playmakers on defense too.  Alfred is a beast on the Defensive line.

I,Think I speak on behalf of all Central fans when I say, Central Has improved every week since week one..

week 0- (Memorial) Worst game ive seen from Central in a long time.
week 1- (Brook) Really bad game, but Offense got on the board.[color=maroon]
Took our lumps, I knew we would, was just scared to admit we may lose.[/color]

week 2-(G.Ball) Got a little better, Offense got on the board a little more, with Defense comeing to play.
week 4-(Ozen) Got even better. Scored more with Defense really flexin. QB showed alot of growing
week 5-(Livingston) Showed heart, and the ability to adjust and keep playing, after being down 14-0.

The Team has improved From week to week literaly..Cant wait to see how they will look when it all comes together..Cause trust me we still have some ways to go. The offense is still young, and the coach is still trying to find his Best 11 on Defense..Like I said, we have some ways to go, but I have enjoyed watching this team grow and gel from week to week..The 08 team had the same problems, but they got better and better as the season went on, and they end up going 4 rounds deep. So im ready to see what this season brings.

[quote name="A Bear's Bear" post="866187" timestamp="1286249208"]
[quote author=D3zii link=topic=73839.msg866166#msg866166 date=1286248109]

week 5-(Livingston) Showed heart, and the ability to adjust and keep playing, after being down 14-0.

[/quote]

LCM also knows a thing or two about coming from behind to beat Livingston  :D
[/quote]

Oh yes, and from a much larger deficit

[quote name="D3zii" post="866166" timestamp="1286248109"]
I,Think I speak on behalf of all Central fans when I say, Central Has improved every week since week one..

week 0- (Memorial) Worst game ive seen from Central in a long time.
week 1- (Brook) Really bad game, but Offense got on the board.[color=maroon]
Took our lumps, I knew we would, was just scared to admit we may lose.[/color]

week 2-(G.Ball) Got a little better, Offense got on the board a little more, with Defense comeing to play.
week 4-(Ozen) Got even better. Scored more with Defense really flexin. QB showed alot of growing

The Team has improved From week to week literaly..Cant wait to see how they will look when it all comes together..Cause trust me we still have some ways to go. The offense is still young, and the coach is still trying to find his Best 11 on Defense..Like I said, we have some ways to go, but I have enjoyed watching this team grow and gel from week to week..The 08 team had the same problems, but they got better and better as the season went on, and they end up going 4 rounds deep. So im ready to see what this season brings.
[/quote]Preach on, Brother Jag! You hit the nail right on the head!  Karma for you!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83