LC-M vs. Central Predictions?

[quote name="ASportsFan" post="863967" timestamp="1286039322"]
[quote author=slsblab link=topic=73839.msg863876#msg863876 date=1286031661]
This game doesn't define the Bears or Central's season in my opinion. Is it a big game? yes. Does it kill the losers season? No. Both teams have already proven themselves as being for real and playoff caliber teams. Good luck to both for a great high school football game next Friday night!!!
[/quote]

I can agree with u about central's season, but with bears not making the playoffs in over a decade this win would put them in the drivers seat of district 20-4A. While they still have
a long and tough road ahead, being the only undefeated team in district would speck volumes for the progarm that crouch and the rest of the bears staff have started to create.
[/quote]Well said! Karma for you!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="L.C.M.Fanatic" post="863971" timestamp="1286039682"]
You've gotta remember that L.C.M. played Ozen with out there starting running back Jones who only had a few carries. He should be back and i look for a big game from Gonzales. Bears by 7, but it will come down to a final drive i believe.
[/quote]We've seen several great QBs so far this year.  I think Gonzalez will be another good one... I think that by our defense playing against the QB's from Memorial (Singleton), WB (Reyes), Ozen(Green), and Livingston (forgot his name), wewill be prepared for Gonzalez...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="863975" timestamp="1286040307"]
[quote author=L.C.M.Fanatic link=topic=73839.msg863971#msg863971 date=1286039682]
You've gotta remember that L.C.M. played Ozen with out there starting running back Jones who only had a few carries. He should be back and i look for a big game from Gonzales. Bears by 7, but it will come down to a final drive i believe.
[/quote]We've seen several great QBs so far this year.  I think Gonzalez will be another good one... I think that by our defense playing against the QB's from Memorial (Singleton), WB (Reyes), Ozen(Green), and Livingston (forgot his name), wewill be prepared for Gonzalez...
[/quote]
I going with the bears pulling this one out late in the 4th qauter.
Hopefully everyone is back at 100%.
I would like to see if anyone from central can catch #21.
;D

[quote name="utguy09" post="864001" timestamp="1286042439"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=73839.msg863975#msg863975 date=1286040307]
[quote author=L.C.M.Fanatic link=topic=73839.msg863971#msg863971 date=1286039682]
[/quote]
[b]I would like to see if anyone from central can catch #21.[/b]
;D
[/quote] ??? :D :D ;D

They wanted to bury Central after the lackluster showing against PAM and WB.  Well, looks like Central got back to being themselves by running the ball and throwing when necessary.  Y'all know how I feel about Spread teams and their softness.  Central proved they could go on the road and get hit in the mouth by Livingston and hit them back. Despite LC-M's win last night, I wasn't impressed.  Ozen didn't stay with the bigger running back and their safeties were out of position on both TD's.  Like I said, better coach on 11th street will lead to a 3 TD victory @the Butch.....

[quote name="SFA85" post="864072" timestamp="1286049456"]
They wanted to bury Central after the lackluster showing against PAM and WB.  Well, looks like Central got back to being themselves by running the ball and throwing when necessary.  Y'all know how I feel about Spread teams and their softness.  Central proved they could go on the road and get hit in the mouth by Livingston and hit them back. Despite LC-M's win last night, I wasn't impressed.  Ozen didn't stay with the bigger running back and their safeties were out of position on both TD's.  Like I said, better coach on 11th street will lead to a 3 TD victory @the Butch.....
[/quote]

1st. Central vs LCM is not at the Butch.... It's in BEAR COUNTRY.
2nd. Central should not let LCMs score vs Ozen go to your heads.  LCM was in clock management for most of the second half.  Coach Crouch doesnt run up the score.
3rd.  Scores dont matter in district.  Ws and Ls matter.  LCM WILL be ready for Central.

LCM by 12

[quote name="premieravp" post="864094" timestamp="1286050170"]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=73839.msg864072#msg864072 date=1286049456]
[/quote]

2nd. Central should not let LCMs score vs Ozen go to your heads.  LCM was in clock management for most of the second half.  Coach Crouch doesnt run up the score.
3rd.  Scores dont matter in district.  Ws and Ls matter.  LCM WILL be ready for Central.

LCM by 12
[/quote]
Central got a win @Livingston.  They'll just go to North Orange and hit those Bears in the mouth....

[quote name="utguy09" post="864001" timestamp="1286042439"]
[/quote]
;D
[/quote]We ran down both the Livingston runners.  #24 and their QB.  The question will be if you can run down our #12 or #15?  I doubt it.  To add another wrinkle, I talked to an Ozen fan.  Stated that Green didn't come in untill the 4th quarter.  If that kid can come in and throw 2 TD's in the 4th quarter, he probably would have been throwing TD pases all night.  :o :o

[quote name="bcjag10" post="864010" timestamp="1286043362"]
[quote author=utguy09 link=topic=73839.msg864001#msg864001 date=1286042439]
[/quote]
[b]I would like to see if anyone from central can catch #21.[/b]
;D
[/quote] ??? :D :D ;D
[/quote] :D :D

[quote name="premieravp" post="864094" timestamp="1286050170"]
[/quote]

2nd. [b]Central should not let LCMs score vs Ozen go to your heads.[/b]  LCM was in clock management for most of the second half.  Coach Crouch doesnt run up the score.

LCM by 12
[/quote]Nothing goes to our head and we do not underestimate oponents. We're just getting better every week.  Not quite where we want to be, but trust me, we will be.  This is just another big game with our young QB showing more and more maturity. 

Guest slsblab
Asportsfan, my point is this game is not the whole season. If you lose it do you just pack in  the rest of the season? This game is big and will be treated as such by the coaches players and teams,but the loser still has a real shot at the playoffs and possibly the district championship.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="864138" timestamp="1286052076"]
[quote author=utguy09 link=topic=73839.msg864001#msg864001 date=1286042439]
[/quote]
;D
[/quote]We ran down both the Livingston runners.  #24 and their QB.  The question will be if you can run down our #12 or #15?  I doubt it.  To add another wrinkle, I talked to an Ozen fan.  Stated that Green didn't come in untill the 4th quarter.  If that kid can come in and throw 2 TD's in the 4th quarter, he probably would have been throwing TD pases all night.  :o :o
[/quote]

Soulja, I was at the game and what the Ozen fan failed to add was that during the first half we were putting alot more pressure on the more athletic starting QB. During the time Green was in, we were only bring three up front, allowing him time to throw. LCM wasn't able to cover their receivers forever and they got open. I hope that LCM will watch the last 10 mins of that game over and over again so that doesn't happen again.

[quote author=slsblab link=topic=73839.msg864192#msg864192 date=1286054690]
Asportsfan, my point is this game is not the whole season. If you lose it do you just pack in  the rest of the season? This game is big and will be treated as such by the coaches players and teams,but the loser still has a real shot at the playoffs and possibly the district championship.
[/quote]

Agreed ;)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="864143" timestamp="1286052311"]
[quote author=premieravp link=topic=73839.msg864094#msg864094 date=1286050170]
They wanted to bury Central after the lackluster showing against PAM and WB.  Well, looks like Central got back to being themselves by running the ball and throwing when necessary.  Y'all know how I feel about Spread teams and their softness.  Central proved they could go on the road and get hit in the mouth by Livingston and hit them back. Despite LC-M's win last night, I wasn't impressed.  Ozen didn't stay with the bigger running back and their safeties were out of position on both TD's.  Like I said, better coach on 11th street will lead to a 3 TD victory @the Butch.....
[/quote]

2nd. [b]Central should not let LCMs score vs Ozen go to your heads.[/b]  LCM was in clock management for most of the second half.  Coach Crouch doesnt run up the score.
3rd.  Scores dont matter in district.  Ws and Ls matter.  LCM WILL be ready for Central.

[b]LCM by 12
[/quote]Nothing goes to our head and we do not underestimate oponents. We're just getting better every week.[/b]  Not quite where we want to be, but trust me, we will be.  This is just another big game with our young QB showing more and more maturity.  
[/quote] True statement about Central not underestimating opponents.
(Even though I know some PNG fans will object) Central has been the measuring stick for 20-4A the past few years and nothing has changed yet.  This is a huge game for both communities and certainly another big test to LCM's mindset as well as abilities.  LCM will have to regain the intensity of the Lumberton game to shutdown the jags.
Bears in a close one.

[quote name="Slam14" post="864311" timestamp="1286059726"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=73839.msg864143#msg864143 date=1286052311]
[quote author=premieravp link=topic=73839.msg864094#msg864094 date=1286050170]
They wanted to bury Central after the lackluster showing against PAM and WB.  Well, looks like Central got back to being themselves by running the ball and throwing when necessary.  Y'all know how I feel about Spread teams and their softness.  Central proved they could go on the road and get hit in the mouth by Livingston and hit them back. Despite LC-M's win last night, I wasn't impressed.  Ozen didn't stay with the bigger running back and their safeties were out of position on both TD's.  Like I said, better coach on 11th street will lead to a 3 TD victory @the Butch.....
[/quote]

2nd. [b]Central should not let LCMs score vs Ozen go to your heads.[/b]  LCM was in clock management for most of the second half.  Coach Crouch doesnt run up the score.
3rd.  Scores dont matter in district.  Ws and Ls matter.  LCM WILL be ready for Central.

[b]LCM by 12
[/quote]Nothing goes to our head and we do not underestimate oponents. We're just getting better every week.[/b]  Not quite where we want to be, but trust me, we will be.  This is just another big game with our young QB showing more and more maturity.  
[/quote] True statement about Central not underestimating opponents.
(Even though I know some PNG fans will object) [b]Central has been the measuring stick for 20-4A the past few years and nothing has changed yet.[/b]  This is a huge game for both communities and certainly another big test to LCM's mindset as well as abilities.  LCM will have to regain the intensity of the Lumberton game to shutdown the jags.
Bears in a close one.

[/quote] 8) 8) 8) 8)

[quote name="bcjag10" post="864314" timestamp="1286059851"]
[quote author=LHSMRBoscar link=topic=73839.msg864307#msg864307 date=1286059591]
From the way LCM walked over the raiders 0-45 I beieve they will also take this one
LCM by atleast 14
[/quote]soulja, pleaz handle this one :-X
[/quote]Um...  We're not Lumberton.  To this day, I don't know how you shut them out, but this Jag team have too many weapons to our disposal to lose to 14 points...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="864320" timestamp="1286060079"]
[quote author=bcjag10 link=topic=73839.msg864314#msg864314 date=1286059851]
[quote author=LHSMRBoscar link=topic=73839.msg864307#msg864307 date=1286059591]
From the way LCM walked over the raiders 0-45 I beieve they will also take this one
LCM by atleast 14
[/quote]soulja, pleaz handle this one :-X
[/quote]Um...  We're not Lumberton.  To this day, I don't know how you shut them out, but this Jag team have too many weapons to our disposal to lose to 14 points...
[/quote]

Okay, okay...Central will lose by a touchdown...there, is that better... ;D

BEAUMONT CENTRAL JAGUARS (3-2, 2-0)
Date           Opponent                                 Result
Aug. 27  at  Port Arthur Memorial, 7:00 p.m.    L, 0-38
Sept. 3  at  Beaumont West Brook, 7:00 p.m.   L, 7-55
Sept. 11     Galveston Ball, 6:00 p.m.             W, 31-10
Sept. 17 OPEN  
Sept. 24     Beaumont Ozen, 7:30 p.m.*         W, 41-14
Oct. 1   at  Livingston, 7:30 p.m.*                 W, 28-21 (OT)

LITTLE CYPRESS-MAURICEVILLE BEARS (5-0, 2-0)
Date          Opponent                                  Result
Aug. 26 at  Goose Creek Memorial, 7:00 p.m.   W, 24-14
Sept. 3      Nacogdoches, 7:00 p.m.               W, 63-53
Sept. 10 at Conroe Caney Creek, 7:00 p.m.     W, 48-24
Sept. 17 OPEN  
Sept. 24     Lumberton, 7:30 p.m.*                 W, 45-0
Oct. 1 at    Beaumont Ozen, 7:30 p.m.*          W, 24-15

I could sit here and compare these schedules.  The fact that we (Central) gave up 93 points to two highly talented teams (Memorial & WB) and that you'll (LC-M) have not played ANYONE of that caliber.  The fact that we schedule up and not schedule down, (take WO-S) off of your schedule.  The fact that our oppositions total records are (15-11) and you'lls (10-15) with the best being from Lumberton.  The fact that your record is "pretty" (5-0) and ours has some blemishes (3-2).  But what would that prove.

We can sit here and say that prior to the season starting, everyone was saying that the road for district goes through PN-G.  Well if thats the case, i like that road.  Everyone predicted that Livingston would hand us our first district loss and that Livingston would go on to take the crown, well that didn't happen last night.  You beat Lumberton, who had a good 3 year run.  You beat Ozen, what I call our Basketball school.  Holla at me when you beat Central, Nederland, PN-G, Livingston and even Vidor on a consitant basis.  Holla at me when you make it past the 2nd round or even past the 1st round of the playoffs.  Until then, you are just the other school in Orange County.  But what would that prove.

Us at Central know how it feels to always be picked against, be the underdog, non-favorite.  No score prediction needed, we will prove it on the field.  To all my Central fans, be there early and be loud cause apparently we still have something to prove.  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami