Nederland - PNG Prediction.

smitty

I'll ask the same of you;  Let's clarify before we verify: are you saying Ned ended the regular season as the No. 1 defense during these years?

[quote name="outanup" post="868288" timestamp="1286501242"]
How about 2000, 2001. Just trying to help.

[/quote]

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nederland's defense was good during this 1997-2002, maybe through 2004 era.  But I don't believe they ended the season as No. 1.  Like I've said many times, nothing personal.  If what you say is true, then great.  At this point i just don't think so.  Just performance driven.  

[quote name="outanup" post="868288" timestamp="1286501242"]

[/quote]

Well, this is what I was wondering if this is what you meant so we don't get lost on semantics.  Why I try to use the end of the season, is after the first game anybody can No.1 on "D" if they played a cream-puff and end up last at the end of the season.  I try to use a little bit longer average.  Heck being No. 2 at the end is not bad.  The teams that are, are usually in the 1, 2 or 3 playoff spot.  

[quote name="outanup" post="868341" timestamp="1286503020"]
Smitty, I never made that statement, but Im still trying to help. ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Just to understand, are you saying they ended the season as the No. 1 ranked defense?

[quote name="football04" post="868359" timestamp="1286503851"]
2004 Nederland had the #1 defense in district and if I'm not mistaken we also had the #1 offense.
[/quote]

Smitty:
Your "logic" here is ridiculous.  You seem to be insinuating that if the defense did not finish #1 in the district that the DC should be replaced.  What about the years that the defense carried the team and the offense lagged- should the OC have been replaced?  You haven't because you know that is not rational.

Using your unattainable standard, anytime Neumann, or any head coach at NHS doesn't win district, finishing first, we should be screaming for a change.  I would hope that even you would realize the ignorance in your logic. 

You have to judge the whole body of work, not just cherry-pick and use agenda-driven stats. 

Agenda-driven? Again, NO agenda.  Just know that defense wins championships.  What agenda are you referring to?
When you say they carried the "O", that may have been during the good "D" time-frame.  But it's my contention that those years were the exception to the rule.  What we see now is back to normal.  Normal being during the DeRouen era, first part of Neumann and now.  Just my opinion. 

[quote name="ispeakjive" post="868381" timestamp="1286504800"]
Smitty:
Your "logic" here is ridiculous.  You seem to be insinuating that if the defense did not finish #1 in the district that the DC should be replaced.  What about the years that the defense carried the team and the offense lagged- should the OC have been replaced?  You haven't because you know that is not rational.

Using your unattainable standard, anytime Neumann, or any head coach at NHS doesn't win district, finishing first, we should be screaming for a change.  I would hope that even you would realize the ignorance in your logic.  

You have to judge the whole body of work, not just cherry-pick and use agenda-driven stats.  
[/quote]

No, just curious what you meant by No. 1 defense.  During the season or ended up that way.  Like I've said, just wanting the facts.  Those that can't hang in the fact realm, start with the personal attacks.  That's all.

[quote name="football04" post="868406" timestamp="1286505704"]
why, am i on trial
[/quote]

Well, whether or not one believes this, that's a personal preference.  I for one do. 

[quote name="ispeakjive" post="868410" timestamp="1286505852"]
'Defense wins championships' is a cliche, not a fact as you claim you like to use.  Teams win championships, not the defense or the offense, individually. 
[/quote]

So, in Coach Smitty's perfect world, do you put all of the best players on defense and neglect your offense or do you try to keep some balance or play to your strength like I think Neumann is trying to do this year. 

And, where do you stop with defensive stats?  Which do you use, least yardage allowed, least points allowed, fewest first downs allowed, turnovers, forced fumbles, interceptions, havind the top defensive player in the district, etc.  Or do you just use wins like most people do?

[quote name="smitty" post="868414" timestamp="1286506110"]
Well, whether or not one believes this, that's a personal preference.  I for one do. 

[quote author=ispeakjive link=topic=73772.msg868410#msg868410 date=1286505852]
'Defense wins championships' is a cliche, not a fact as you claim you like to use.  Teams win championships, not the defense or the offense, individually. 
[/quote]
[/quote]

Guest Brubaker
Smitty, I don't want you to think I have an agenda or anything, this isn't personal, it is strictly based on fact and your performance of defending your position against what this ENTIRE board has to say about the job this man does.... but buddy you are an IDIOT.  There was even a compliment from GoDogs27, understanding that he finished 2nd to you in the armchair QB award, but still, that's sayin alot.  Again, nothing personal, I don't mean anything by it, just stating facts as I read them, you are an IDIOT.  I know that may seem like a personal attack, but it can't be personal, cuz I don't know you.  Again, just callin it like I see/read it, I'm sure you are a wonderful human being.

You are right, wins are the most important part.  But as PN-G found out against Livingston and Nederland, Having a good offense and terrible defense doomed them.  Goes to my point what usually wins.
I think most coaches would put their better players on "D".  Now, if they are really good, they play both ways.
Coach Smitty, I like that.  LOL!!!

[quote name="ispeakjive" post="868429" timestamp="1286506662"]
So, in Coach Smitty's perfect world, do you put all of the best players on defense and neglect your offense or do you try to keep some balance or play to your strength like I think Neumann is trying to do this year. 

And, where do you stop with defensive stats?  Which do you use, least yardage allowed, least points allowed, fewest first downs allowed, turnovers, forced fumbles, interceptions, havind the top defensive player in the district, etc.  Or do you just use wins like most people do?

[quote author=smitty link=topic=73772.msg868414#msg868414 date=1286506110]

[quote author=ispeakjive link=topic=73772.msg868410#msg868410 date=1286505852]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Buddy, you don't want to get personal but you use the word idiot.  LOL!!!!  Like I've said, those that can't offer anything subsistence, goes to name calling, buddy.   Let's see, 500 yards against WOS, 400 against BH, over 300 aginst Vidor, 516 against PNG, Stop me when I'm wrong, buddy.  It's not like this conversation started yesterday.  This has been going on for years.  As always, nothing personal.  Next!    ;D     ::)

[quote name="Brubaker" post="868453" timestamp="1286508069"]
Smitty, I don't want you to think I have an agenda or anything, this isn't personal, it is strictly based on fact and your performance of defending your position against what this ENTIRE board has to say about the job this man does.... but buddy you are an IDIOT.  There was even a compliment from GoDogs27, understanding that he finished 2nd to you in the armchair QB award, but still, that's sayin alot.  Again, nothing personal, I don't mean anything by it, just stating facts as I read them, you are an IDIOT.  I know that may seem like a personal attack, but it can't be personal, cuz I don't know you.  Again, just callin it like I see/read it, I'm sure you are a wonderful human being.
[/quote]

Guest Brubaker
You said stop you when you were wrong... Nederland gave up a shade over 200 yards to BH, so you LIED and doubled that one up for your own AGENDA.  You refuse to acknowledge the 8 years of outstanding defense that Nederland played during the 1997 - 2004 timeframe?  You ask everyone to bring facts and you refuse to acknowledge an 8 year window... maybe it's selective amnesia on your part.  Keep up the good fight Smitty, you are a real class act.

Wrong again!  I have acknowledged those years often.  I'll just have to check on the 03 and 04 years.  I've said those years are the exception, not the rule!  We are back to what we had under DeRouen, before '97 and after '02 or '04.  Care to discuss those??
BTW, thanks for recognizing that I'm a class act.  LOL!!    Stats = Facts!!!!       ;)     ;D
PS - I'll check on that BH yardage.  I could be wrong.  Wasn't trying to sway anything.  With this subject, I do not have to.  It'll speak for itself.  If you are right, I'm enough of a class act to admit it!   Nothing personal here as always.  Just my opinion!    Stats = facts!!!!    ;)      ;D

[quote name="Brubaker" post="868475" timestamp="1286509814"]
You said stop you when you were wrong... Nederland gave up a shade over 200 yards to BH, so you LIED and doubled that one up for your own AGENDA.  You refuse to acknowledge the 8 years of outstanding defense that Nederland played during the 1997 - 2004 timeframe?  You ask everyone to bring facts and you refuse to acknowledge an 8 year window... maybe it's selective amnesia on your part.  Keep up the good fight Smitty, you are a real class act.
[/quote]

Let's see: Two contradictory statements here.  Nothing personal, you say, then all you have to offer is personal attacks.  WOW!  I'll let this part stand on its merits.  Or lack thereof!!    :-[    ::)

[/quote]

BTW also, you are right on the BH yardage.  I stand corrected. I was mistaken.  Over the years, I have enough data to prove my point.  I don't have to makeup anything!  Let me know if the other stats I mentioned where wrong. 
Like I said many times before -- nothing personal and no agendas!  Just performance driven.     ;)

[/quote]

[quote name="smitty" post="868343" timestamp="1286503097"]
Nederland's defense was good during this 1997-2002, maybe through 2004 era.  But I don't believe they ended the season as No. 1.  Like I've said many times, nothing personal.  If what you say is true, then great.  At this point i just don't think so.  Just performance driven.  

[quote author=outanup link=topic=73772.msg868288#msg868288 date=1286501242]

Look, you prove our years wrong, lets see the hardcore proof that wee did not have number 1 Defense in those years.

LETS SEE IT

[/quote]
[/quote]

smitty,
2004 was the last #1 defense which DID end it's season #1. I can't find any internet sites which can back this or the other years other than if you care to meet with me maybe in the Nederland coaches office they can show you proof and stats so that you have the facts. Let me know if you want to be proven wrong with official paper work.

[quote name="James Mosley" post="868733" timestamp="1286553809"]
smitty,
2004 was the last #1 defense which DID end it's season #1. I can't find any internet sites which can back this or the other years other than if you care to meet with me maybe in the Nederland coaches office they can show you proof and stats so that you have the facts. Let me know if you want to be proven wrong with official paper work.
[/quote]
James, you are correct, however you cant convince this (smitty) coconut. I would make him prove that you are wrong.
He is just getting his kicks... he knows he is wrong

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124