Nederland - PNG Prediction.

smitty

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may be right.  I'm not opposed to the idea.  I just do not believe, at this point, it's true.  I'll look and see what I can find.  I can easily find it.  I'll let you know either way.  But still, let's say this is true.  One year out of how many??  Even a broken clock is right twice a day!  I say we are back to normal.  Holding on to bad situations is a prescription for pain and sorrow.  

[quote name="James Mosley" post="868733" timestamp="1286553809"]
smitty,
2004 was the last #1 defense which DID end it's season #1. I can't find any internet sites which can back this or the other years other than if you care to meet with me maybe in the Nederland coaches office they can show you proof and stats so that you have the facts. Let me know if you want to be proven wrong with official paper work.
[/quote]

You offer nothing but personal attacks.  I see you personally attacked a Lumberton supporter on anther post.  I guess if one can't offer anything of subsistence then one offers only personally attacks.  I guess this is all some kool-aid drinkers have to offer.  LOL!!!!  ;D    ::)

[quote name="ispeakjive" post="868763" timestamp="1286556283"]
We are trying to do the Lord's work in educating the ignorant and showing attention to the shunned... :D

One day, Smitty will see the error of his ways and make an intelligent or relevant post.
[/quote]

smitty you can take the may be right out of your statement. I promise you I'm right and I know for a fact I'm right. Now move on, I agree the defense gives up yards, heck look at your state championship games last year is 5A and 4A, lot's of yardage given up by some pretty good defenses but one team still won it all in each division. Yes, defense wins championships but the way I see it the team who scores the most wins EVERY FREAKING TIME....

Who has the most points wins is a given.  But, james, do you HONESTLY think that playing bad defense will consistently win??  I REALLY don't think you believe that.  But my contention is no, one can't consistently win.  But, if just being competitive overall is what satisfies Nederland faithful, then the status quo will remain.  I try to raise the bar a little higher than most, I guess.
But, we have a problem.  I've identified what I perceive as that problem. And have offered a solution.  People may not like it.  If one does not perceive a problem, then hope is all there is that under the present situation it's gonna get better.  Sadly for our kids and fans, I just don't see that happening on one side.  Can I say never.  probably not.  But, remember about the broken clock being right twice a day!

[quote name="James Mosley" post="868810" timestamp="1286559545"]
smitty you can take the may be right out of your statement. I promise you I'm right and I know for a fact I'm right. Now move on, I agree the defense gives up yards, heck look at your state championship games last year is 5A and 4A, lot's of yardage given up by some pretty good defenses but one team still won it all in each division. Yes, defense wins championships but the way I see it the team who scores the most wins EVERY FREAKING TIME....
[/quote]

I'll say it one more time. Livingston is man for man a better team than us. They have four players on offense we can not catch is given a step. We will load the box with all we have and make them beat us throwing. They will still get huge amounts of rushing yards. What in the heck is a DC suppose to do beyond that. Answer that and I'll listen. DC game plan will be rock solid. If you can't hang because of simply being out manned physically what are you to do. That is what makes Nederland Nederland, the players play up with good coaching. What happened to the great Faircloth this year. Funny how a few linebackers being gone at PNG can turn their #1 defense from last year to last or close to last this year. Same Coach over there too. Pick another excuse smitty, we got a winner in our coaching staff, let it go. So what again would a good DC do against Livingston to stop the run.....And tell me again why PNG went from #1 defense to last or next to last now.....have some more peanuts smitty.....

No, Smitty, I can offer you nothing of "subsistence", you will have to find something to keep you alive all on your own.  (Check a dictionary before you start using the ten cent words next time, big guy.) ;)

But, I have gone through two or three pages of this thread refuting some of your garbage and offering explanations and asking questions and you have offered nothing besides "fire the DC" or "we give up too many yards".  There is no kool-aid from anyone else here, but you.  As for a kool-aid drinker, Jim Jones, you are a cult of one banging the drum every day for one person to be accountable for what you think is wrong with the program and it is pretty cowardly in my opinion.  

[quote name="smitty" post="868797" timestamp="1286558405"]
You offer nothing but personal attacks.  I see you personally attacked a Lumberton supporter on anther post.  I guess if one can't offer anything of subsistence then one offers only personally attacks.  I guess this is all some kool-aid drinkers have to offer.  LOL!!!!   ;D    ::)

[quote author=ispeakjive link=topic=73772.msg868763#msg868763 date=1286556283]
We are trying to do the Lord's work in educating the ignorant and showing attention to the shunned... :D

One day, Smitty will see the error of his ways and make an intelligent or relevant post.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Did I misspell a word?  LOL!  Anyway, you get my point.  You attack on this post and you attack others on other post.  Show me where you have offered any solutions.  Or do you not think there is a problem?   Anybody can be a part of the ME-TOO crowd!!   ;)

[quote name="ispeakjive" post="868832" timestamp="1286562179"]
No, Smitty, I can offer you nothing of "subsistence", you will have to find something to keep you alive all on your own.  (Check a dictionary before you start using the ten cent words next time, big guy.) ;)

But, I have gone through two or three pages of this thread refuting some of your garbage and offering explanations and asking questions and you have offered nothing besides "fire the DC" or "we give up too many yards".  There is no kool-aid from anyone else here, but you.  As for a kool-aid drinker, Jim Jones, you are a cult of one banging the drum every day for one person to be accountable for what you think is wrong with the program and it is pretty cowardly in my opinion.  

[quote author=smitty link=topic=73772.msg868797#msg868797 date=1286558405]
You offer nothing but personal attacks.  I see you personally attacked a Lumberton supporter on anther post.  I guess if one can't offer anything of subsistence then one offers only personally attacks.  I guess this is all some kool-aid drinkers have to offer.  LOL!!!!   ;D    ::)

[quote author=ispeakjive link=topic=73772.msg868763#msg868763 date=1286556283]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

If you think this DC is a winner, then that's YOUR opinion.  But anyone can win with 22 division one prospects on your team.  But a GOOD DC would find a way to nullify Livingston's talent, regardless of his teams talent.  I've seen it many times.  And I'm sure you have also.  That's what differentiates the good coaches from the bad.  We shall see tonight.  
As for as the PNG coach, he doesn't have a track record for anyone yet to make a sound judgment on his ability.  Nothing's ever personal here.
BTW:  Who doesn't like peanuts, jimmy?   LOL!!!!    ;D    ::)

[quote name="James Mosley" post="868830" timestamp="1286562154"]
I'll say it one more time. Livingston is man for man a better team than us. They have four players on offense we can not catch is given a step. We will load the box with all we have and make them beat us throwing. They will still get huge amounts of rushing yards. What in the heck is a DC suppose to do beyond that. Answer that and I'll listen. DC game plan will be rock solid. If you can't hang because of simply being out manned physically what are you to do. That is what makes Nederland Nederland, the players play up with good coaching. What happened to the great Faircloth this year. Funny how a few linebackers being gone at PNG can turn their #1 defense from last year to last or close to last this year. Same Coach over there too. Pick another excuse smitty, we got a winner in our coaching staff, let it go. So what again would a good DC do against Livingston to stop the run.....And tell me again why PNG went from #1 defense to last or next to last now.....have some more peanuts smitty.....
[/quote]

Give it a rest smitty. We have seen your point thousands of times. What's the use in harping on it. You really just like the arguing part of it all. Actually, you do a lot of talking not to say more than you do. It's a broken record. Just copy one of your posts and paste it every time. It will save on the fingers. You're really a bag of hot air with few facts. Mostly, it's opinions. You've never played football and don't go to the games, yet you sit at a computer like you are all that just because you pay taxes. What a dweeb. (Hey, that's a personal attack......beat you to it)

I think you should be banned for the constant bashing of our coach/coaches. If you have a gripe, so what? Say it and let it go. A thread this long just to hear yourself talk is uncalled for and boring. Don't give me that "it ain't personal'' crapola either. You have made it very clear just how personal this really is.

Ha!  That's funny.  I like it!    ;D   

[quote name="WeedBegone" post="868919" timestamp="1286570939"]
Smitty if you go to the game tonight may I suggest you eat a bowl of beans, a hard boiled egg and drink a warm beer very fast.  Then when nobody sits next to you ----you will have something to blame it on.  :D
[/quote]

Not coaches yet.  Just one.  Like I said before: I'll keep harping on it until everyone agrees with me!!!!  LOL!!!!
No doubt in my mind time will prove me right.  IMHO!!    ::)

[quote name="baddog" post="868915" timestamp="1286570540"]
Give it a rest smitty. We have seen your point thousands of times. What's the use in harping on it. You really just like the arguing part of it all. Actually, you do a lot of talking not to say more than you do. It's a broken record. Just copy one of your posts and paste it every time. It will save on the fingers. You're really a bag of hot air with few facts. Mostly, it's opinions. You've never played football and don't go to the games, yet you sit at a computer like you are all that just because you pay taxes. What a dweeb. (Hey, that's a personal attack......beat you to it)

I think you should be banned for the constant bashing of our coach/coaches. If you have a gripe, so what? Say it and let it go. A thread this long just to hear yourself talk is uncalled for and boring. Don't give me that "it ain't personal'' crapola either. You have made it very clear just how personal this really is.
[/quote]

"Will not be tolerated??"  Well, Mr Hitler, are you the forum sheriff??  LOL!!!!      :-[    ???    :-[      ???
We have freedom of speech in America!  Are you a Commie??  LOL!!!!!!    ;D      ::)
PS - I pay NISD taxes!  I can say anything about them I want, within reason.  But, I never blame the kids!!

[quote name="baddog" post="868936" timestamp="1286572403"]
Still think you should be banned.
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476