*Lamar vs. SFA Updates......SFA Rolls!*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="UNLV" post="857647" timestamp="1285465435"]
SFA needs to continue running up the score. This LU team is showing no heart. I know SFA is a far superior team and the officials
are cheating, but you don't give SFA free scores. This a cowardly game play by the coaches and LU players. I can't respect rolling over
like *******, get your butts kicked like a man...
[/quote]You cant blame the refs on a score like that.

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="857604" timestamp="1285464362"]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=73498.msg857596#msg857596 date=1285464181]
Is Lamar playing that bad or is Sfa that good?
[/quote]

it's 64-3 mid 3, what u think?
[/quote]

Now Ruth you are a baseball man so dont ugly.  ???

[quote name="beechnut" post="857712" timestamp="1285467869"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=73498.msg857604#msg857604 date=1285464362]
[quote author=beechnut link=topic=73498.msg857596#msg857596 date=1285464181]
Is Lamar playing that bad or is Sfa that good?
[/quote]

it's 64-3 mid 3, what u think?
[/quote]

Now Ruth you are a baseball man so dont ugly.  ???
[/quote]

your right beechnut, let's say it's growing pains.

Guest jhamilton
Thanks Mr. Ruth bc you are a good GOD fearing man that never gets sideways unlike some other mods. Lamar will be ok but I think they prolly just a little over their head and SFA must be loaded for bear. I have kids at both schools and good either way.

The QB for SFA was very good, he hit receivers on the money most of the time.  I agree the officiating was horrible.  The first interception was pass interference.  They threw a flag for pass interference and picked it up.  As a coach you can tell when its going to be a long night with the refs.  This can cause you to get blown out because it can get you out of the game early.  

[quote name="theyoungballcoach" post="857772" timestamp="1285469385"]
The QB for SFA was very good, he hit receivers on the money most of the time.  I agree the officiating was horrible.  The first interception was pass interference.  They threw a flag for pass interference and picked it up.  As a coach you can tell when its going to be a long night with the refs.  This can cause you to get blown out because it can get you out of the game early.  
[/quote]Exactly,  however I think SFA would have still blown out LU. Refs just made the beat down worse.

Guest ECBucFan
71-3.

Some may admit it, and some may not, but I do believe there is a new found respect in Beaumont for a fine, fine, SFA football program.

[size=16pt]Ax 'em, Jacks!  [/size]      ;D

we played a superior team tonight...i give sfa props, they were well prepared and took away the deep ball from lamar which imo has kept them in most games this year...but lets face it were not going to hit the deep ones every night,especially with the lack of a running game...and this is the first season in 21 years so i hope people's expectations werent too high, cause we are going to take some beatings lol...agree effort could have been better but im sure the coaches will address these issues..and im a big bevil fan but he simply has to get better at protecting the football...still supporting my cards, hopefully they will put this behind them and put on a good show for the fans next week when they come home to beamont.  8)

[quote name="WOS95" post="858070" timestamp="1285503943"]
we played a superior team tonight...i give sfa props, they were well prepared and took away the deep ball from lamar which imo has kept them in most games this year...but lets face it were not going to hit the deep ones every night,especially with the lack of a running game...and this is the first season in 21 years so i hope people's expectations werent too high, cause we are going to take some beatings lol...agree effort could have been better but im sure the coaches will address these issues..and im a big bevil fan but he simply has to get better at protecting the football...still supporting my cards, hopefully they will put this behind them and put on a good show for the fans next week when they come home to beamont.  8)
[/quote]

Agreed.

This terrible beatdown doesn't define Lamars team. How they bounce back next week will though. Regroup for next week Cards.

[quote name="the-riot07" post="858047" timestamp="1285489621"]
wow all the bevil haters on here think they know it all...but did the back ups throw any touch downs or break any records or even move the ball? NO so shut up about everything being bevil! You win as a TEAM and lose as a TEAM! the whole team sucked tonight and SFA is very good!
[/quote]I am not a Bevil hater, but he did thrown in the towel. The team and coaches all cowardly threw in the towel. When it
was 50-3, I saw a Lamar player let a SFA player score. Then whole second half LU ran draw plays. LU didn't try to come back. LU
didn't try to score for at least some respect. I thought Jason Garret was playing calling since LU only ran 5 plays the whole game.
I didn't expect LU to win or be a close game, but I did expect them to play hard. They didn't. They embarrassed the school, the community,
the game, and fans. If you don't want to play football or coach football, GET OFF THE TEAM.

[quote name="hookem14" post="858122" timestamp="1285512308"]
I don’t care how many yards Bevil has thrown for, his poor decision making will cost Lamar more and more throughout the year.  And UNLV is right, he did throw in the towel.  I’ll take someone with possibly less talent that will at least try.
[/quote]

I agree with most of the post on here. SFA played like a Top 10 team and Lamar played horrible. 4 TO's in the first quarter which lead to our defense on the field the whole game and they were running plays as soon as the official put the ball down. Our defense was gassed after the first quarter.

Bevil has to make better decisions and hold onto the ball but he'll continue to be the starter as the backup;
Prewitt is a freshman walk-on from Kelly where he played ([b]WR[/b]). Last night was the first time he has played QB in a live game situation.

Sorry, I don't see how an injury is "throwing in the towel". He (Bevil) wanted to play but it was a "coaching decision" to keep him out and be ready to go versus SHSU.

I don't have anything positive to say about the team or the coaching staff. SFA took out their star QB out in the 3rd quarter or it could have been worse.

I live and breath red and white but I am embarrassed about this game and agree a few players seemed to quit during the game.

That is the only reason to watch film of this game. As they say "film doesn't lie" and the coaches can see this(players quiting) for themselves.

Edit: I stand corrected as Prewitt did play QB at Kelly.

[quote name="UNLV" post="858096" timestamp="1285510157"]
[quote author=the-riot07 link=topic=73498.msg858047#msg858047 date=1285489621]
wow all the bevil haters on here think they know it all...but did the back ups throw any touch downs or break any records or even move the ball? NO so shut up about everything being bevil! You win as a TEAM and lose as a TEAM! the whole team sucked tonight and SFA is very good!
[/quote]I am not a Bevil hater, but he did thrown in the towel. The team and coaches all cowardly threw in the towel. When it
was 50-3, I saw a Lamar player let a SFA player score. Then whole second half LU ran draw plays. LU didn't try to come back. LU
didn't try to score for at least some respect. I thought Jason Garret was playing calling since LU only ran 5 plays the whole game.
I didn't expect LU to win or be a close game, but I did expect them to play hard. They didn't. They embarrassed the school, the community,
the game, and fans. If you don't want to play football or coach football, GET OFF THE TEAM.
[/quote]

You have shown me what type of LU fan you are, GET OFF THE BOARD.

Embarrassed the school? How? Embarrassed the community? How?

It's our 4th game for crying out loud people, you have some unrealistic expectations. We can still have a great season, with our without your whimsical support.

Why are you guys beating yourselves up over this loss?  Man, it's like "jihad" over here.  This was your 4th game in over 20 years.  Sfa has 11 transfers from FBS schools on their rost, plus the team has been around a lot longer than Lamar.  Forget about the game.  Get ready for the next one.  Support Lamar football in good times and in bad.  True fans do that you know.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124