Pathetic prevent defense
Horrrrrrible
Td Crosby
U guys need to vet a YouTube clip of this lee prevent
Funiest thing I've seen on a football field in years
Also the saddest unfortunately
I can't watch this poor coaching any more for this week

Chron says it was 39-27 Crosby.

Might have been interesting had they not let Crosby go 67 yards in 4 plays and 30 seconds there to finish out the first half.
Ridiculous scheme for a prevent defense.  They had 3 guys on the line and everyone else seemingly 20 yards off the ball.
Crosby had 9 seconds left....from about the 20....and they just handed the ball straight up the middle for a touchdown.
It was tough to watch.

Lee just doesn't have a defense at all.
They have an offense, but they just need to get the ball to the playmakers.  Richardson rarely gets the ball, because they fancy themselves as an option running team.  They put Zellars in there at qb, but then they only give him 2 plays to work with.  They bring the wingback around in motion, but they never pitch the ball to him, so they are playing 10 on 11 usually.  Even if they do pitch it to him, it's not really someone that can do damage.  IF you're going to run this kind of offense, put Richardson in that wingback role and just pitch him the ball some.  He is wasting away out wide.

I will end with this.
You know what is the saddest play in football.
When a defender tries to catch a guy from behind and instead of diving head first, they try to do a baseball slide and kick them with their feet.
That is truly the saddest thing one can see on a football field.  It lets you know that you're in trouble on many different levels.
Lee pulled that off on their first play on defense.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="856164" timestamp="1285385302"]
Chron says it was 39-27 Crosby.

Might have been interesting had they not let Crosby go 67 yards in 4 plays and 30 seconds there to finish out the first half.
Ridiculous scheme for a prevent defense.  They had 3 guys on the line and everyone else seemingly 20 yards off the ball.
Crosby had 9 seconds left....from about the 20....and they just handed the ball straight up the middle for a touchdown.
It was tough to watch.

Lee just doesn't have a defense at all.
They have an offense, but they just need to get the ball to the playmakers.  Richardson rarely gets the ball, because they fancy themselves as an option running team.  They put Zellars in there at qb, but then they only give him 2 plays to work with.  They bring the wingback around in motion, but they never pitch the ball to him, so they are playing 10 on 11 usually.  Even if they do pitch it to him, it's not really someone that can do damage.  IF you're going to run this kind of offense, put Richardson in that wingback role and just pitch him the ball some.  He is wasting away out wide.

I will end with this.
You know what is the saddest play in football.
When a defender tries to catch a guy from behind and instead of diving head first, they try to do a baseball slide and kick them with their feet.
That is truly the saddest thing one can see on a football field.  It lets you know that you're in trouble on many different levels.
Lee pulled that off on their first play on defense.
[/quote]

panama you little early they made game of it late in the 3rd. then crosby went on a 11 play drive converting on every 3rd and long play. Lee offense got rolling by giving speedy the ball first 3 plays. Then that urban meyer veer shotgun offense started to work. since they work on offense all last week hopefully they will work on tackling drills next week

All joking about the lame prevent defense aside, I would have stayed if I didn't have to work today.
It's just too long of a drive home for me from Baytown to Missouri City after 10 o'clock.

You could tell in the first half that these two teams were fairly evenly matched.
Lee had a couple of missed 4th down conversions deep in Crosby territory, one by the length of the ball, that really hurt them.

That missed 4th down was a perfect example.  Richardson goes out after 2nd down because his shoe came off.  They grab a cornerback off the sideline and stick him in there to take his spot for a play.  He runs down the field and blocks the Crosby cornerback, while the QB tries to throw it to him on a quick little out route.  It goes incomplete and then it's 4th and 7.  They complete the 4th down play for 6 and a half yards.  You know the kid is coming in fresh off the bench, doesn't even know the play, why throw a timing route to him?  Those are the types of things that good teams that win games just do not do.

Lee should never again punt this entire year.  I don't care where they are on the field.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="856447" timestamp="1285392032"]
Good for the Cougs got the Monkey off the back.

39-27 isn't a bad score. Crosby scored 27 unanswered points? not bad maybe they can get some confidence from this game as we move forward.

Dayton keep the talk to a min you beat BH lets not forget.
[/quote]

Didn't see any Dayton posters talking smack, BUT, I would be more than happy to get that going if you really want to get into it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ssiaa
    Newest Member
    ssiaa