Ozen @ Central Game Thread/Jags Win/Comments

Lefty99

Good win for the Jags.  Just like Absent! said, we do need to get better tobe considered a Jag team of old.There were good things as far as improvements from the bye week..

First, we implemented the Power I formation that gave #15 a lot of blocking.  There was a nice playaction pass that resulted in a 50 yard TD strike.  This will be a valuable weapon deep in district.

Second, special teams.  So far in this season, teams would avoid kicking it to our speed by Pooch kicking it to kids that's not used to making catches and fumble the ball. Now we have our regular returners deep and Heard as a returner in the second wave. So now, Heard will be waiting on those Pooch kicks and he never muffs anything. Basically, pick your poison...

Third on defense.  Looks like we pursuit to the ball a little better.  Tackling is better, but not to where I would like to see it.  We did good last night though due to the play of our all district Lineman #95 Alfred.

And finally, somebody settled our young QB down and he was throwing passses on the money.  Now if our receivers would catch them, well, that's another story. 

All and all, we have gotten better compared from the first couple of games.  I expect another notch of improvement next week.

PS...  I would like to thank Ozen for putting the tribute to #12 Garrett.  Showed his highlight on the big screen then our players took off their helmets and held them up in the air.  Then some kids went to midfield and let loose 12 silver and blue balloons.  Such a touching sight that I will always remember th rest of my life.  R.I.P.  #12

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="856652" timestamp="1285425045"]
[quote author=D3zii link=topic=73410.msg856493#msg856493 date=1285393854]
Starting to look like the Central we're all use to seeing...I knew We could do it..

;D
[/quote]

No we are not.... they still don't hit anyone! But 95 had a big game.....
[/quote]

We must of hit somebody, I cuda swore they had to stop the game more then 7x becaues ozen players were laid out..But, yea we did miss tackles to, specialy on the QB...Hopefully coach sees this, and goes over tackleing drills in practice

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="856730" timestamp="1285430177"]
Do you think Central will go Power I the rest of the season or go back to the spread next game?
[/quote]Well, we are a multiple set team.  The power I was just a wrinkle that was worked out in the bye week.  We run Shot gun multiple sets, I formation multiple sets, Single back, and now Power I.

Any way here's D3's Analysis

Central, came out with kill on thieir mind, with Defense makeing Ozen go 3 and out and O scoreing on the 1st drive with a 80-yard pass to Devin Ogeltree..The score maybe would of been higher, but Ogeltree got thrown out for, a punch and that seem like the momentum for our team went down cause ozen cameback and scored twice after that with one being an 80 yard drive..I guess coach must of said somthing at Halftime, becuase in the 2nd half Central had 27 to Ozens 0...Look like we were playing more as a team to. them 1st two weeks it looked as if we forgot how to play football, but now the ones that are post to step up, looked like they did with numbr #95 and #63 leading the charge on D-line,and #33 Leday comeing in hitting the QB hard. #8 Cantue shutdown his side of the field and after thoes Two TD's #7 gave up, he did better in the 2nd half..#12 is gettting better each week, and Damon, is being Damon, makeing plays and makeing defenders miss..#3 Brazier is gone to be a big key this season, he has steped up these last two weeks..The passing game will be nice this year with him and Ogeltree.

The Pieces we need are their, we just have to make em work, we have the team that can do some damage this year..

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="856752" timestamp="1285431665"]
[quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=73410.msg856730#msg856730 date=1285430177]
Do you think Central will go Power I the rest of the season or go back to the spread next game?
[/quote]Well, we are a multiple set team.  The power I was just a wrinkle that was worked out in the bye week.  We run Shot gun multiple sets, I formation multiple sets, Single back, and now Power I.
[/quote]

Well, that's all well and good - but a lot of that stuff AIN'T WORKIN'.  Seems like you would be better served by paying attention to what is working, and last night it was the power I. ???

WOW!!!  I did not attend the game, but I picked Ozen.  However, I identified 3 things that Central needed to do to win, and it looks like they did all 3.

1. The first and most important was to run out of the I formation and setup the play action pass.
2. Keep Ozen's QB in the pocket and play assignment football
3. Special teams - do a much better job on kickoffs and Kickoff returns.

Congratulations to Central.  I knew that they had the talent, it was just a matter of execution.
The biggest difference was running out of the I - formation.  That is Central's id.
The linemen are accustomed to run blocking, which is a totally different blocking scheme from the spread.
I don't know what happened at half time, but it appears that Central made adjustments and Ozen didn't.

Congratulations.  Good job Jags.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder