Lone Star Football

Yep

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Horns R #1 I have seen your team, I belive the injury bugg bit yall more than my Hawks. You have a VERY talented group of coaches and players, and a great group of parents. I would like to play your team when they are healthy I bet it would be every bit the battle I would expect.

[quote name="demons95" post="859781" timestamp="1285678129"]
This kid must be a stud.  Does he hike to himself?  Hand-off and pass to himself?  Block for himself? I wish he would stay in Lumberton if he lives there.  By the way ya'll talk he could probably start for the L-Train highschool right now.  Give me a break these are 10 and 11 yr. old kids.  Build your 11 players to stop one.  Sounds pretty simple.
[/quote]
Okay...I'm just going to ASSUME you are talking about the Jr. kid & have to agree he MUST be a stud! ;) In my humble opinion, of course! lol  Can't we just go straight to the Pats though?? :-* I think he gets his talent from his mom!  ;D Even "Clyde" thinks this is all pretty funny!
On a serious note though, I have to say how very much I agree with our HJ Sr. coach & am so proud of all of our youth football teams. My son is a good athlete. Not the stud we've joked about above, but he's not the worst player either. But, he & I both know, he'd never complete a pass or one play without the team around him. The defense of this Jr team is unbelievable, & I promise his name is one that is mentioned the least in defensive plays. He's played with this group of boys for the past 6 years. I've tried to make light of a silly situation, but to be honest, I think MO summed it up very well. We have a great group of coaches & touchdowns made by more players than (I'd be willing to bet!) any other team in our division.  Our 8 year olds have played as a group more minutes in EACH of our games than any group of 8 year olds in any one SEASON I've witnessed since my son's played football for HJ. I'm proud of these kids, & I hope that none of this joking around or ignorance of certification rules has taken away from the hard work this TEAM has put into this season!

[quote name="MoFo" post="859867" timestamp="1285685159"]
By the way I just wanted to verify the STJFL rule on both of our Lumberton 7th graders: [i]§ A person who is enrolled in the 7th grade or higher of the ensuing football season shall not be allowed to compete in the STJFL. [/i]
[/quote]

I wonder why this is not a rule in Lonestar.  Maybe it should be.  I wonder why STJFL implemeted this rule.  Do they know something that Lonestar doesn't? 
I know that many of the teams in Lonestar utilize 7th graders that play school ball while other teams are frowned upon for using them.  Seems like I heard that Warren has something like 14 7th graders on their team.  Doesn't that make the teams unfair?  Just thinking outloud. 

Sport70 I am not sure, but being that my son is one that plays both, I can tell you that the 7th grade program is "basic" at best. Don't get me wrong it is what is needed because a lot of the boys on the team have not played football before so they start from the beginning, ie. how to block away from the running lane, to not use your hands on offensive line, stuff like that. Then most of the games are running clocks, and there are 25 to 30 kid to get in the game so playing time for some is minimal. We have 7 boys that play both ways, I tell them that school ball comes first and we work around their schedule if possible. I believe, and have been told by most of them that they are glad they played both ways

[quote name="trashman" post="859213" timestamp="1285616148"]
[quote author=Yep link=topic=73335.msg858934#msg858934 date=1285594298]
 Just for everyones information.  There are 2 kids from Lumberton on the Hawks team  one running back and one lineman only. There are 2 other Lumberton kids that now live and go to school in HJ. I talked to the coach this weekend to check the facts on that.
The game went into rain delay that went into a make up...HJ leads 7 to 0 midway through the first quarter, and was every bit the game everyone expected 2 really good squads going at each other.
[/quote]
Wow! its amazing how some areas play with the talent they have and build programs and even more amazing that some would go and recruit from other places to build their program! Did we forget these are kids and the morals you teach of how to be a winner can be tainted by cheating! I know for a fact that there are several kids on HJ junior and senior team that are students at Lumberton and do not attend HJ! I know the QB from HJ Jr. for sure goes to school in Lumberton but the parents have an old address in sour lake  ::)! Wow! So say what u like, the board should reevaluate how they let kids play from other areas that are not attending those particular schools. If that is the case everyone should recruit and build a team, but what are you saying to the kids of your own community? Are they not good enough to teach and build? Wow! U know it would be fair to say that Warren wins even if they lose because they are playing with kids from their community! Oh by the way my kids go to school with some of these kids on HJ team that is how I know they attend Lumberton school!
[/quote]Trashman, you're lucky Mofo doesn't have this kid as his running back!! 11yr old Hawk who decided to take his talents to Beaumont

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxJxpCh8teM

Guest trashman
Hey everyone so I see the rumors are very correct! And yes Ms. Hj Rocks your son is very talented but attends school at Lumberton! Like I said before all nonsense removed the other team who may fall short against the HJ Hawks but they are playing with kids not from their area.  Recruited ones! Like I said I can go all the way down the the flag team if u know what I mean???????  Check your surroundings there is always someone in the midst that may not agree with what you all are doing and might feel it is time to expose it. Nothing against the other kids on your team because they are a good bunch of kids but if everyone filled the holes in their teams with other kids they would also beat everyone else! Just sayin!
So glad my kids are not in Lonestar because it seems their rules are tainted are slightly swayed for some people! I also don't live my dreams through my kids like some of you! Let remember they are kids! Rumor has it that some of you HJ Hawks coaches have said you want to take your kids from HJ because of the decreasing athletic department and move to Lumberton! Come and meet us! Your already using our kids anyway! ;)

[quote name="trashman" post="860614" timestamp="1285769489"]
Hey everyone so I see the rumors are very correct! And yes Ms. Hj Rocks your son is very talented but attends school at Lumberton! Like I said before all nonsense removed the other team who may fall short against the HJ Hawks but they are playing with kids not from their area.  Recruited ones! Like I said I can go all the way down the the flag team if u know what I mean???????  Check your surroundings there is always someone in the midst that may not agree with what you all are doing and might feel it is time to expose it. Nothing against the other kids on your team because they are a good bunch of kids but if everyone filled the holes in their teams with other kids they would also beat everyone else! Just sayin!
So glad my kids are not in Lonestar because it seems their rules are tainted are slightly swayed for some people! I also don't live my dreams through my kids like some of you! Let remember they are kids! [size=12pt][color=red]Rumor has it that some of you HJ Hawks coaches have said you want to take your kids from HJ because of the decreasing athletic department and move to Lumberton! [/color] [/size] Come and meet us! Your already using our kids anyway! ;)
[/quote]Wow, i agree on the decreasing talent, but Lumberton? They might as well stay at Hj ;D ;D

Guest trashman
Hmmmmmm! If he took his talents to Beaumont I should see him? What his name? If he plays for Beaumont he surely must have two addresses too! Dude I don't focus on 11 yr. olds because in 2 to 3 years the talents are usually different. Some are taller,faster,stronger etc. Like I said before i don't  live  my dreams through my kids although they are at the top of the chain!  :o

[quote name="trashman" post="860621" timestamp="1285769944"]
Hmmmmmm! If he took his talents to Beaumont I should see him? What his name? If he plays for Beaumont he surely must have two addresses too! Dude I don't focus on 11 yr. olds because in 2 to 3 years the talents are usually different. Some are taller,faster,stronger etc. Like I said before i don't  live  my dreams through my kids although they are at the top of the chain!  :o

[/quote]Watch the Video!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxJxpCh8teM

Wow Trashman for someone who quote "does not focus on 11 year olds" you sure are caught up in this thread. Also how are the "Rumors if we OPENLY say we have Lumberton kids on our team???? So sorry the STJFL does not allow 7th graders to play. Your loss is our gain. By the way me and my kids live in Beaumont my wife teaches in HJISD just to get that out in the open also. As far as wanting to leave because of decreasing athletic department???? I have no clue what you are talking about my family and I love the HJISD mainly for its educational oppurtunities we could care less about a great or poor athletic department. I will assure you my kids are not shooting to be pro athletes but rather model citizens with a good education. As I stated before there are ALL kinds of living and school arraingments that are not perfectly in line. Sorry that you have such tunnel vision. I wish we where all perfect like you but I guess some of us are not as blessed.

[quote name="MoFo" post="860636" timestamp="1285771468"]
Wow Trashman for someone who quote "does not focus on 11 year olds" you sure are caught up in this thread. Also how are the "Rumors if we OPENLY say we have Lumberton kids on our team???? So sorry the STJFL does not allow 7th graders to play. Your loss is our gain. By the way me and my kids live in Beaumont my wife teaches in HJISD just to get that out in the open also. As far as wanting to leave because of decreasing athletic department???? [size=12pt][color=red]I have no clue what you are talking about my family and I love the HJISD mainly for its educational oppurtunities we could care less about a great or poor athletic department. I will assure you my kids are not shooting to be pro athletes but rather model citizens with a good education.[/color][/size] As I stated before there are ALL kinds of living and school arraingments that are not perfectly in line. Sorry that you have such tunnel vision. I wish we where all perfect like you but I guess some of us are not as blessed.
[/quote]That's Deep!!

Guest trashman
I agree MOFO education is first! You are right HJ has a great educational system! I already knew you were from Beaumont. The quote was some of your coaches in your league I did not point out you. I have no interest in 11 yr. olds. Just knew the rules were taintend or swayed for some. Hey I am proud of STJFL because if you think about it 7th graders should not play against 5th grades like in Lonestar due to weight. That is how kids get hurt or turned away from learning the game.

Guest trashman
[quote name="MoFo" post="860649" timestamp="1285772546"]
By the way Trashman, I know 2 families very well from Silsbee that played for Lumberton last year, funny with your finger on the "pulse" of Little League football like it is I am wondering how this EVER slipped by you.
[/quote]
Must have had two addresses! or maybe their mom worked at the school!

I agree with the age and weight difference but it is up to coaches to realize this also and not put a kid in a bad situation. I have a 10 year old on my team that did not make weight for Jr's, he is probably one of the most naturally talented running backs I have ever seen. I go out of my way to not put him in a bad situation, and when he is in there you can bet my veterens know to protect him. I also realize that not all coaches think that way, but from what I have seen from Lone Star it seems all of the coaches feel the same way which is kids first game second. I so far have been very pleased to be a part of the Lone Star system.

[quote name="trashman" post="860614" timestamp="1285769489"]
Hey everyone so I see the rumors are very correct! And yes Ms. Hj Rocks your son is very talented but attends school at Lumberton! Like I said before all nonsense removed the other team who may fall short against the HJ Hawks but they are playing with kids not from their area.  Recruited ones! Like I said I can go all the way down the the flag team if u know what I mean???????  Check your surroundings there is always someone in the midst that may not agree with what you all are doing and might feel it is time to expose it. Nothing against the other kids on your team because they are a good bunch of kids but if everyone filled the holes in their teams with other kids they would also beat everyone else! Just sayin!
So glad my kids are not in Lonestar because it seems their rules are tainted are slightly swayed for some people! I also don't live my dreams through my kids like some of you! Let remember they are kids! Rumor has it that some of you HJ Hawks coaches have said you want to take your kids from HJ because of the decreasing athletic department and move to Lumberton! Come and meet us! Your already using our kids anyway! ;)
[/quote]  I was completely joking about my son's athletic ability.  And the rest of what you said completely confused me, so no, I don't know what you mean, but that's okay. I probably don't want to know.  I'm sure all of our kids are good athletes, but I know most of the guys posting on this site & for anyone to say any of us are living through our kids is absurd. Don't get me wrong, it can be fun for us & we love spending the time with our kids, but we'd do it w/out sports if they decided to quit tomorrow. We'd all hang out together at the lake, the deer lease, or around the pools relaxing a whole lot more than we do now with a LOT LESS stress & running around!  We do tend to get riled up when you talk about kids we love & especially about one of our own kids (this mom especially!). I'm just not sure why it matters so much to anyone else where anyone else's kid plays. Especially when you keep saying "they are just kids", etc. etc. etc. This isn't the NFL (which pulls from the entire nation, btw). It's just for fun & to teach our kids a little about football. My son has played for HJ so long, he's actually grandfathered from boundaries with Lonestar anyway. He doesn't know what all is being said here, but he knows a little bit & even he said, "Mom, that's crazy. I do a good job, but Luke Morreale would be able to step up & do it if I wasn't playing for HJ." Sorry, but that made my heart proud. THAT kinda humility, sportsmanship, & team comradity is what I try to achieve with my son. Everything else is just CAKE! :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine