TT's Thoughts on Lamar

TexasTerror

Impressive win by the Cards.

With or without Beatty, Lamar still went into Hammond and defeated a Lions' team that will be favored (if not in the top two) when Beatty returns from injury. That is a good win - regardless of Beatty's status. You still got Yarbourough, Connors and a host of other solid players that will get All-SLC accolades at year's end.

While I think Ray Woodard's strategy of loading up on JUCOs at a rate not seen and lacks long-term thinking, his recruiting methods have paid immediate dividends for the program based on the near victory over McNeese and the comeback against SLU. I am not certain this is a team that can win week to week at this point in their growth with consistent play (see the game against Webber Int'l where the team did not play well at all), but they have made quick steps.

Bevil. Hayes. One of the top QB/WR combos in the FCS next year when Lamar is competing for SLC title, NCAA auto bid? You betcha! I hope Woodard did a great job scheduling for '11. The Cards need to start thinking about the playoffs - hit the Jim More You Tube video! ;)

I think LU has a pretty balanced group right now of Juniors, Sophomores and Freshmen.  Albeit there are more Juniors and Freshmen, there is still a pretty good group of sophs, so when the current Juniors graduate, the current freshmen will be Juniors and you have a strong 3 deep class of recruits with a decent senior class.

Only 57 players on scholarship out of a possible 63 so Coach Woodard will add a few new recruits this recruiting class plus some players will aways leave a program so there will be some new recruits for next year.

I stated on anygivensaturday that JJ Hayes and Andre Bevil were going to be a good combo this year and a few guys on there were laughing at me. Now, who is laughing after Bevil throws for over 400 yards in two of the first three games this season and JJ Hayes caught three TD passes just last night.

[quote name="SabineRavine" post="850942" timestamp="1284868121"]
Only in your mind, UNLV   ::)
[/quote]Terror is on several dozen forums trashing Lamar and Woodard, yet this who you defend.

It never cease to amaze me how we Cardinal fans trash each other but pal around with those trashing LU.
Katfan site is a good example of Cardinal fans trashing Cardinal fans while katfans laugh.

[quote name="UNLV" post="851088" timestamp="1284907193"]Terror is on several dozen forums trashing Lamar and Woodard, yet this who you defend[/quote]

This calls for another one: ::)

Terror is a graduate of a rival school.  What do you expect, his support?  Why not provide some examples where Cardinal fans trash each other [i]yet pal around[/i] with those trashing LU.  According to your overtone this scenario is running rampant. 

I "defend" TT for two reasons.  1) he continues to bring factual information to the board, such that I feel confident in saying that in the majority of cases he is much better versed in the history of Lamar than you.  2) despite this, you have some strange underlying need to bring him or SHSU into most conversations you involve yourself in. 

[quote name="SabineRavine" post="851106" timestamp="1284909050"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=73152.msg851088#msg851088 date=1284907193]Terror is on several dozen forums trashing Lamar and Woodard, yet this who you defend[/quote]

Terror is a graduate of a rival school.  What do you expect, his support?  Why not provide some examples where Cardinal fans trash each other [i]yet pal around[/i] with those trashing LU.  According to your overtone this scenario is running rampant.  

I "defend" TT for two reasons.  1) he continues to bring factual information to the board, such that I feel confident in saying that in the majority of cases he is much better versed in the history of Lamar than you.  2) despite this, you have some strange underlying need to bring him or SHSU into most conversations you involve yourself in.  
[/quote]

That has to be a joke! TexasTerror is not "much better versed in the history of Lamar than you." (UNLV) Or any other member of this forum that post on a frequent basis. Heck AggiesAreWe knows as much or more than he does.

Now, I will say he (TexasTerror) seems to know a lot about the SLC and FCS football.

[quote name="bigred360" post="851117" timestamp="1284909960"]
[quote author=SabineRavine link=topic=73152.msg851106#msg851106 date=1284909050]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=73152.msg851088#msg851088 date=1284907193]Terror is on several dozen forums trashing Lamar and Woodard, yet this who you defend[/quote]

Terror is a graduate of a rival school.  What do you expect, his support?  Why not provide some examples where Cardinal fans trash each other [i]yet pal around[/i] with those trashing LU.  According to your overtone this scenario is running rampant.  

I "defend" TT for two reasons.  1) he continues to bring factual information to the board, such that I feel confident in saying that in the majority of cases he is much better versed in the history of Lamar than you.  2) despite this, you have some strange underlying need to bring him or SHSU into most conversations you involve yourself in.  
[/quote]

That has to be a joke! TexasTerror is not "much better versed in the history of Lamar than you." (UNLV) Or any other member of this forum that post on a frequent basis. Heck AggiesAreWe knows as much or more than he does.

Now, I will say he (TexasTerror) seems to know a lot about the SLC and FCS football.
[/quote]

How did I get dragged into this? ;D

BTW, I know as much as who?

You guys are pretty ridiculous. Who cares who likes the Cardinals, Cowboys, Astros, New York Yankees.. Or chili cheese dogs. Lamar is 2-1 and no one saw it coming. So shut up about who likes who, if you enjoy the Cardinals.. Make the drive to Nac for a good game against SFA. If not, sit at home. You guys seem so bitter about something all the time.

[quote name="AJ25" post="851338" timestamp="1284924891"]
You guys are pretty ridiculous. Who cares who likes the Cardinals, Cowboys, Astros, New York Yankees.. Or chili cheese dogs. Lamar is 2-1 and no one saw it coming. So shut up about who likes who, if you enjoy the Cardinals.. Make the drive to Nac for a good game against SFA. If not, sit at home. You guys seem so bitter about something all the time.
[/quote]

Great post, I can't wait for SFA next week. I'll be in the Nac.

[quote name="AJ25" post="851338" timestamp="1284924891"]
[/quote]

Hey, Lamar is 2-1 and they'll probably be 2-2 after this week versus SFA. I plan to make the trip to see the game and support the Cards as they might suprise us yet again.

God forbid anyone talk negative about anyone, any other school or their team, or any trash talking as AJ25 thinks that is pretty ridiculous. Forgive me Lord for I have sinned in the eyes of AJ25.

Sorry if you didn't see Lamar winning any games up to date but I was pretty sure we'd beat Webber and after the McNeese game I knew we had a chance against SE Louisiana so talk for yourself when you state "no one saw it coming".  

[quote name="bigred360" post="851379" timestamp="1284926604"]
[quote author=AJ25 link=topic=73152.msg851338#msg851338 date=1284924891]
[/quote]

Hey, Lamar is 2-1 and they'll probably be 2-2 after this week versus SFA. I plan to make the trip to see the game and support the Cards as they might suprise us yet again.

God forbid anyone talk negative about anyone, any other school or their team, or any trash talking as AJ25 thinks that is pretty ridiculous. Forgive me Lord for I have sinned in the eyes of AJ25.

Sorry if you didn't see Lamar winning any games up to date but I was pretty sure we'd beat Webber and after the McNeese game I knew we had a chance against SE Louisiana so talk for yourself when you state "no one saw it coming".  
[/quote]

I, nor no one else on here, care when people talk trash.. Except when it's on the same subject and none stop for ever and ever. I have countless friends that play for Lamar, and as I told them as well as other people.. The game at McNeese was going to be extremely tough and very hard to win.. and no one barely expected a win. Lamar playing them that close was a win overall. Everyone thought they'd beat Webber. SELA is a nationally ranked team with great weapons, and it's tough to play there on the road. I thought it would be a close game but not a W. Therefore, 1-2. I've talked to all my buds and congratulated them on an outstanding win and told them I would be there to watch them go 3-1 this week. I just don't understand why you guys thinks it's necessary to bash this team week in and week out when they have proven themselves. Like I said, if you are a Lamar fan go to Nac.. Great atmosphere, cheap tickets, and of course your Lamar Cardinals. If not, sit at home. Quit bickering. Talking trash and bickering are two totally different things.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="851801" timestamp="1284951435"]
I haven't seen any bashing of Lamar's football team from any Cardinal fan.

Just what are you reading, AJ25?
[/quote]

Maybe bashing is the wrong word, but people bickering. There, much better. And not only on this thread, but many of the ones in the past.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="851801" timestamp="1284951435"]
I haven't seen any bashing of Lamar's football team from any Cardinal fan.

Just what are you reading, AJ25?
[/quote]

Maybe he's talking about when some of us were discussing the Webber gas grill International game?  I thought we played poorly.  Is that bashing out team?  If so, I'm guilty.  I thought we played hard but we didn't play very well at all in that game.  And Bevil stunk it up.  I bet if you ask Bevil how he played against the gas grills he would agree with me.

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="851258" timestamp="1284919207"]
Is UNLV even a Lamar fan?

At least my name has a bit more to do with the Lamar Cardinals - afterall, Ray Woodard was a Texas Terror coach! ;)
[/quote]

You know without a doubt he is a cardinal fan!  I do not know why UNLV is his name, maybe he will tell us and maybe he won't.  I wouldn't know him if I bumped into him in the morning at Starbuck's but I agree with his hope that LU would go FBS.  My support and loyalty for the program is not dependent on it going FBS and I will support it.  I believe that all LU fans will pull together and support it the way all great fans support great programs.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="851838" timestamp="1284954537"]
[quote author=TexasTerror link=topic=73152.msg851258#msg851258 date=1284919207]
Is UNLV even a Lamar fan?

At least my name has a bit more to do with the Lamar Cardinals - afterall, Ray Woodard was a Texas Terror coach! ;)
[/quote]

You know without a doubt he is a cardinal fan!  I do not know why UNLV is his name, maybe he will tell us and maybe he won't.  I wouldn't know him if I bumped into him in the morning at Starbuck's but I agree with his hope that LU would go FBS.  My support and loyalty for the profram is not dependent on it going FBS and I will support it.  I believe that all LU fans will pull together and support it the way all great fans support great programs.
[/quote]I attended UNLV....

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="851718" timestamp="1284945493"]
BigRed360, so you are telling me 2 months ago you saw us being 2 and 1 right now? No way. And great win for the Cards. I was very impressed. JJ Hayes best will be the best receiver in Lamar history when it is all said and done! (Not sure how great of an accomplishment that is however)
[/quote]

ForeverADog, where in my post did I say I KNEW we would be 2 and 1 right now? I stated I thought they would beat Webber and AFTER the McNeese game I thought we would have a CHANCE to win versus SE Louisiana. I will admit after being down by 20 in the 3rd quarter I didn't think we could come back on the road versus the Lions. Please, don't put words in the mouth!

As for JJ Hayes, Coach Woodard thinks he can be an All-American and play at the next level.

He is bigger than I thought, 6'3, 205.

He will probably be the best receiver in the history of Lamar University if he continues to work hard and he stays away from injuries.

Now as for bashing the TEAM, no way you have ever read a post from me bashing the Cardinals football team I've waited 21 years for this!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086