Allen 'bowl' a $60 million project

KFDM COOP

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="848518" timestamp="1284656469"]
I've seen pics of it. I think it's too much for high school. The city of Allen wants to have just one high school no matter how big they get. It's the new Plano of DFW area. Allen and Frisco try to outdo each other showing the other who has more money. Silly.
[/quote]
Well if the taxpayers of Allen ISD like it, we should love it.  I hope to watch a game there one day.  Didn't know Frisco was trying to keep up with the Allens since they have about 4 4A schools----maybe 5 while Allen has 1

[quote name="SFA85" post="848584" timestamp="1284661482"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=73031.msg848518#msg848518 date=1284656469]
I've seen pics of it. I think it's too much for high school. The city of Allen wants to have just one high school no matter how big they get. It's the new Plano of DFW area. Allen and Frisco try to outdo each other showing the other who has more money. Silly.
[/quote]
Well if the taxpayers of Allen ISD like it, we should love it.  I hope to watch a game there one day.  Didn't know Frisco was trying to keep up with the Allens since they have about 4 4A schools----maybe 5 while Allen has 1
[/quote]

Talking about city finances between the two cities and different projects they've completed. Frisco does have more HS then Allen. It gets complicated to explain. I think the bond  was like any other election. The people that liked it voted and the one's that are now crying about it are saying they hate it.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="SFA85" post="848584" timestamp="1284661482"]
Well if the taxpayers of Allen ISD like it, we should love it. 
[/quote]

What about BISD then? The tax [u]payers[/u], by and large, did not want the Monument to Carrol Thomas built on I-10, but it happened. Can you explain that?

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="848724" timestamp="1284675672"]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=73031.msg848584#msg848584 date=1284661482]
Well if the taxpayers of Allen ISD like it, we should love it. 
[/quote]

What about BISD then? The tax [u]payers[/u], by and large, did not want the Monument to Carrol Thomas built on I-10, but it happened. Can you explain that?

[/quote]

The Tax Payers in the majority did.  It was part of the 388 million bond issue.  Now there was opposistion but the majority won.  Elections matter......

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="848518" timestamp="1284656469"]
[/quote]

Come on, Its [b]Texas[/b]..What else would you expect..We not in New Mexico..Players arent the only ones out their trying to be
the best

Guest ECBucFan

OK moron, I tried to nicely explain this to you before, and you are either unwilling or unable to understand: I DON'T LIVE IN BISD [u]BUT I DO PAY SOME BISD TAXES[/u] DO YOU COMPREHEND THAT??

Besides that, this is an "open forum" and I can comment on anything I choose to, regardless of subject.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder