Best Team In The Junior Division

[quote name="daddy23" post="851966" timestamp="1284993233"]
[quote author=td link=topic=73021.msg851912#msg851912 date=1284989418]
[quote author=Gusher link=topic=73021.msg851907#msg851907 date=1284989109]
Well... who was it and what was the score?
[/quote]

WOS and Silsbee. WOS won
[/quote]

It was not that close.  It was not a battle of two competitive teams.  This year Lonestar may have more talent in the Jr Division.  I know that in the past Deweyville SRs have been able to beat the STJFL champions, but as a general rule (evidence by last year's Jr game in Silsbee), the STJFL teams are stonger.
[/quote]I know I'm a "girl" (read MOM) but comparing Lonestar Jr teams against STJFL Jr teams is just crazy. The weight limits are so completely different that the two are not comparable. So, you think that STJFL 120 lb 10 year olds can out block our 85 lb 10 year olds??? Really? Wow. No kidding. I would hope so (i.e. WOS v. Silsbee Maroon post season game last year). Now, our 120 lb 10 yr olds in Lonestar have to play on our Sr teams. So, if you wanna compare our Sr team to your Jr teams, that may be a more fair comparison. You can't compare apples to oranges. None of it makes any sense.  In Lonestar, Jr. Division is 8 & 9 with very few 10 year olds because they have to weigh 85 or under. STJFL Jr. teams are 9 & 10 year olds.  I would hope most STJFL Jr. teams are stronger. I mean, if you are gonna compare them, why not compare the 7 year old tackle team to our 7 year old flag team & see who you think would come out on top of THAT game!! lol  Y'all are such MEN! ;) ;) I know...I should stay off the site...I do try, but y'all keep DRAGGING me in!! !!  ;)

[quote name="HJRocks" post="861065" timestamp="1285803580"]
[quote author=daddy23 link=topic=73021.msg851966#msg851966 date=1284993233]
[quote author=td link=topic=73021.msg851912#msg851912 date=1284989418]
[quote author=Gusher link=topic=73021.msg851907#msg851907 date=1284989109]
Well... who was it and what was the score?
[/quote]

WOS and Silsbee. WOS won
[/quote]

It was not that close.  It was not a battle of two competitive teams.  This year Lonestar may have more talent in the Jr Division.  I know that in the past Deweyville SRs have been able to beat the STJFL champions, but as a general rule (evidence by last year's Jr game in Silsbee), the STJFL teams are stonger.
[/quote]I know I'm a "girl" (read MOM) but comparing Lonestar Jr teams against STJFL Jr teams is just crazy. The weight limits are so completely different that the two are not comparable. So, you think that STJFL 120 lb 10 year olds can out block our 85 lb 10 year olds??? Really? Wow. No kidding. I would hope so (i.e. WOS v. Silsbee Maroon post season game last year). Now, our 120 lb 10 yr olds in Lonestar have to play on our Sr teams. So, if you wanna compare our Sr team to your Jr teams, that may be a more fair comparison. You can't compare apples to oranges. None of it makes any sense.  In Lonestar, Jr. Division is 8 & 9 with very few 10 year olds because they have to weigh 85 or under. STJFL Jr. teams are 9 & 10 year olds.  I would hope most STJFL Jr. teams are stronger. I mean, if you are gonna compare them, why not compare the 7 year old tackle team to our 7 year old flag team & see who you think would come out on top of THAT game!! lol  Y'all are such MEN! ;) ;) I know...I should stay off the site...I do try, but y'all keep DRAGGING me in!! !!  ;)
[/quote]

I was just answering a question about a game played last year against Silsbee. FYI, Silsbee brought in some bigger kids that weren't on that team. It was something that was agreed to before the game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mesoc
    Newest Member
    mesoc