L-Train vs LCM

jordibug15

This game is a litlle scary for the Raiders (not that I don't think they can and will take care of Business) You can count out all games before this one!!......This one goes to the team, that their coach has the best game plan....films have been watched and each coach has seen what the other can and can't do.....Both coaches have great football minds and this match up will be a GREAT ONE! Can't wait for Friday NIGHT!!  Good Luck to both teams!!!!   

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="A Bear's Bear" post="849066" timestamp="1284728214"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=72941.msg848890#msg848890 date=1284689178]
I picked Lumberton in this matchup based solely off of how my Silsbee Tigers performed against these two teams.

In the "game type" scrimmage against LCM, Silsbee marched up and down the field on the Bears, scoring on every 1st team possesion, 3 TD's to be exact in only about 2 quarters of play. LCM only manages a safety against Silsbee coming from a bad snap from the center.

Lumberton beat my Tigers last week, 21-14, but was up at one time 21-0. Silsbee played much better in the 2nd half but Lumberton was the better team.

Lumberton beats LCM.
[/quote]

:o This from the guy who says you can't win scrimmages.  That was the laziest preformance I have ever seen from a Bears varsity team, albeit it was a scrimmage.  They will come to play against Lumberton.  Defense will be much more ready to play than in the first half of Caney Creek (250 first half yards allowed, 80 second half).  It will probably be one of the best played games in Bear Stadium this millenium by both teams
[/quote]

Nobody said Silsbee "won" that scrimmage. I was just going off of the performance.

If we are making excuses, Silsbee didn't look all that sharp in that scrimmage neither. ;)

[quote name="Raider42" post="849122" timestamp="1284734307"]
I can't wait for this one.  Everyone on this forum crowned LCM as the next super team in the district before they actually did anything.  I expect the L-Train to take care of business.  The defense will be better than any the Bears have seen so far....pass rush and secondary will slow down that passing game!  Hurry Hurry Hurry....Friday can't get here fast enough.
[/quote]

Oh, come on...quit boasting that LCM is your favorite Super Team, we all know that the Raiders are the True SUPER TEAM.  ;)

[quote name="mj-7" post="849184" timestamp="1284741546"]
[quote author=Raider42 link=topic=72941.msg849122#msg849122 date=1284734307]
I can't wait for this one.  Everyone on this forum crowned LCM as the next super team in the district before they actually did anything.  I expect the L-Train to take care of business.  The defense will be better than any the Bears have seen so far....pass rush and secondary will slow down that passing game!  Hurry Hurry Hurry....Friday can't get here fast enough.
[/quote]

Oh, come on...quit boasting that LCM is your favorite Super Team, we all know that the Raiders are the True SUPER TEAM.  ;)
[/quote]I don't know about the Raiders being a Super Team...  I don't think anyone on any forum said that!  If LCM beats the Raiders I will give them their props... All I am saying is you should have to earn respect.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="848767" timestamp="1284682064"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=72941.msg848583#msg848583 date=1284661461]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=72941.msg846800#msg846800 date=1284426426]
[quote author=utguy09 link=topic=72941.msg846793#msg846793 date=1284426120]
Yea non-district regular games.
[/quote]
Lumberton is 3-0, with these wins:
56-35 over Jasper
33-13 over Barbers Hill
21-14 over Silsbee
[/quote]
2009 Lumberton was 4-0 with these wins:
40-14 over HF
35-29 over Barbers Hill (better BH team last year)
20-14 over Silsbee (better silsbee team last year)
42-35 over Livingston

They went 1-5 the rest of the way, which is a big reason that folks are hesitant to pick the Raiders yet, myself included. I also read alot about the LTrain defense on here, but they are giving up 21 pts per game so far. Not something to write home about. PNG has given up 19.6 Pts per game to pretty good 4A competition and our Defense is our weekness so far!

LCM-27
Lum-24
[/quote]
Dude, if it weren't for your big win over Crosby, which is apparently not nearly as good as last years team, PNG's defensive points allowed would be more like 26 points per game average get off your high horse.
[/quote]
Well DUDE, if you read the post again you will notice that the point I was making is that PNG has given up almost 20 PPG and thats not good. Not sure how you see that as being on a "high horse". We ain't bragging about. It's actually just the opposite! But on the flip side of that Lumberton is actually giving up more PPG than PNG and you guys are bragging about the defense!

So by your analogy that Crosby is weak and we only gave up 7 points to them therefore bringing our PPG against numbers down, how do you explain Lumbertons numbers against 3 weak opponents. And before Silsbee fans get upset, I completely understand that the tigers were without their starting QB in the first half as Lumberton jumped out to a 21-0 lead, then clawed back in the second half when he returned to the game to make it a 21-14 game. The weakness comes in lossing your QB.

[quote name="Raider42" post="849197" timestamp="1284742296"]
[quote author=mj-7 link=topic=72941.msg849184#msg849184 date=1284741546]
[quote author=Raider42 link=topic=72941.msg849122#msg849122 date=1284734307]
[/quote]

[/quote]I don't know about the Raiders being a Super Team...  I don't think anyone on any forum said that!  If LCM beats the Raiders I will give them their props... All I am saying is you should have to earn respect.
[/quote]

I don't think anyone on any forum said that LC-M is next super team either..

[quote name="badndn" post="849216" timestamp="1284744499"]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=72941.msg848767#msg848767 date=1284682064]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=72941.msg848583#msg848583 date=1284661461]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=72941.msg846800#msg846800 date=1284426426]
[quote author=utguy09 link=topic=72941.msg846793#msg846793 date=1284426120]
Yea non-district regular games.
[/quote]
Lumberton is 3-0, with these wins:
56-35 over Jasper
33-13 over Barbers Hill
21-14 over Silsbee
[/quote]
2009 Lumberton was 4-0 with these wins:
40-14 over HF
35-29 over Barbers Hill (better BH team last year)
20-14 over Silsbee (better silsbee team last year)
42-35 over Livingston

They went 1-5 the rest of the way, which is a big reason that folks are hesitant to pick the Raiders yet, myself included. I also read alot about the LTrain defense on here, but they are giving up 21 pts per game so far. Not something to write home about. PNG has given up 19.6 Pts per game to pretty good 4A competition and our Defense is our weekness so far!

LCM-27
Lum-24
[/quote]
Dude, if it weren't for your big win over Crosby, which is apparently not nearly as good as last years team, PNG's defensive points allowed would be more like 26 points per game average get off your high horse.
[/quote]
Well DUDE, if you read the post again you will notice that the point I was making is that PNG has given up almost 20 PPG and thats not good. Not sure how you see that as being on a "high horse". We ain't bragging about. It's actually just the opposite! But on the flip side of that Lumberton is actually giving up more PPG than PNG and you guys are bragging about the defense!

So by your analogy that Crosby is weak and we only gave up 7 points to them therefore bringing our PPG against numbers down, how do you explain Lumbertons numbers against 3 weak opponents. And before Silsbee fans get upset, I completely understand that the tigers were [b]without their starting QB in the first half[/b] as Lumberton jumped out to a 21-0 lead, then clawed back in the second half when he returned to the game to make it a 21-14 game. The weakness comes in lossing your QB.
[/quote]

Silsbee wasn't without him for the 1st half. He started the game, got shaken up and sat out until the 2nd half. Then he started throwing the ball to this giraffe of a receiver and they finally started moving the ball a little bit.

[quote name="Bear Country" post="849284" timestamp="1284752407"]
quote]You don't have to go back too far in this thread to see several predictions of LCM beating Lumberton by 21-27 points.... LCM hasn't beat anyone they played all year by that much and Lumberton is definitely better than any team they have played thus far.[/quote]

Excuse me, Last week we beat Caney Creek by 24!!!!
[/quote]

Oh come on...Im actually a Bear fan and even I wouldnt think about comparing Caney Creek to Lumberton...Really??? :o

[quote name="kingkat99" post="849299" timestamp="1284754155"]
[quote author=Bear Country link=topic=72941.msg849284#msg849284 date=1284752407]
quote]You don't have to go back too far in this thread to see several predictions of LCM beating Lumberton by 21-27 points.... LCM hasn't beat anyone they played all year by that much and Lumberton is definitely better than any team they have played thus far.[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh come on...Im actually a Bear fan and even I wouldnt think about comparing Caney Creek to Lumberton...Really??? :o
[/quote]LOL

[quote name="Raider42" post="849265" timestamp="1284749986"]
You don't have to go back too far in this thread to see several predictions of LCM beating Lumberton by 21-27 points.... LCM hasn't beat anyone they played all year by that much and Lumberton is definitely better than any team they have played thus far.
[/quote]

What does this have to do with them being a "super team"?

[quote name="kingkat99" post="849299" timestamp="1284754155"]
[quote author=Bear Country link=topic=72941.msg849284#msg849284 date=1284752407]

[/quote]

[/quote]

They're not comparing Caney Creek to Lumberton or anyone else.  They're just correcting Raider42's comments that LCM has beaten anybody by a large amount.  I also don't think that this game will be incredibly high scoring.  Lumberton is a ball-control team, and has a very tough, hard playing defense. 

I think its great that there is so much interest in this game. I'm glad that both LC-M and Lumberton have started the year off so strong. It helps all the teams in 20-4a when the district is tough and competitive. Good luck to both teams and I hope it is a real barn-burner of a game!

i think this game will be a test to both teams it will show who is actually ready to play . Lumberton might have a good defense but will they be able to hold all the threats the lcm offense has? They can pass to any wr they have and they can do something with it or they can run the ball. But even being a bear fan lcm's D will have to step it up and come ready to play. This will be a hard fought game by both teams. Lcm by 14

[quote name="mj-7" post="849434" timestamp="1284770154"]
[quote author=pngfan66 link=topic=72941.msg849384#msg849384 date=1284764413]
How come LCM didn't play WOS this year ? That would have been a good test to see were your team is this year.
[/quote]

I'm not sure why they did not play, LC and Mauriceville Jr. High's are not even playing each other.
[/quote]I personally think its a good thing the jr. high programs dont play. These kids have to come together in a couple of yrs. and there dont need to be a rivalry going between these two. jmo

[quote name="77" post="849569" timestamp="1284774412"]
[quote author=mj-7 link=topic=72941.msg849434#msg849434 date=1284770154]
How come LCM didn't play WOS this year ? That would have been a good test to see were your team is this year.
[/quote]

I'm not sure why they did not play, LC and Mauriceville Jr. High's are not even playing each other.
[/quote]I personally think its a good thing the jr. high programs dont play. These kids have to come together in a couple of yrs. and there dont need to be a rivalry going between these two. jmo
[/quote]

agreed

[/quote]

I agree ... I think it is good they dont play each other  !  I am also gonna go with LCM next week .. but I think its going to be very close

[quote name="77" post="849569" timestamp="1284774412"]
[quote author=mj-7 link=topic=72941.msg849434#msg849434 date=1284770154]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I know we're getting off topic here, but I think the junior highs not playing is a good thing too.  The rivalry was too great some years.  I think this ought to be taken one step further.  The junior high season is pretty short anyway. Why not schedule your open date late in the season and use those two weeks to prepare and combine the junior highs for the last couple of games?  Get an early start on "togetherness" for a change.  Just a thought.

Back on topic - - - Lumberton is obviously solid and LCM is as good as they've been in a decade.  If LCM adds a few new defensive wrinkles to stop the Raider running game then I like LCM's chances in this one.  Should be a great game. 

I'm sure the size of this crowd will start the avalanche of moanings about how small the LCM stadium is.  Come early...should be a great show!!!  LCM by 10. 

While I agree the bears are haven a good year so far considering how they have played in the past against the Raiders it will be a tough game! If some how the bears do pull off the win it will probably be very close like maybe in an overtime?  But I see my great L-Train winning this one...as long as Mr. Boothman doesn't have the band playing "Imperial March

so anyway i see Lumberton Raiders by atleast 8

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami