Can Nederland?!

smitty

[color=green][font=Times New Roman]So I am highly offended that anyone who didn't actually have a child at CO could make a statement that the education the kids get at Central is better... please all three of my kids went through CO because it is where we were zoned to go.  They all made good grades and enjoyed all that CO had to offer.  My youngest is a Senior this year and has been an A-B student all through high school and has also played Varsity sports for the last 4 years.  He loved his teachers and he loved his coaches.  The lessons he learned from certain teachers as well as Coach Lynch and Coach Vandiver will forever be a factor in his life.  It is true that some kids did transfer over for the athletics . Coach Lynch coached most of their dads and that is who they wanted teaching their kids football. I dont agree in doing that but that doesnt make CO lower in academics the Central.  [/font[/color]]

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Penny, I was NOT trying to lump that in the 97-02 era.  I was stating a fact that a RB had this much yards against this DC.  The year doesn't matter.  What matters is that it happened under this DC.  Before and after this era you talk about is the norm for this DC.  District championships and state championships are won on defense.  I just watched again as B barbers Hill RB smoked us for a 70 yard TD run.  Stop me if you see a fib here.  Need I say more?!      ::)

[quote name="Penny" post="849050" timestamp="1284725972"]
Smitty, just asking but aren't you kind of cherry picking what you've been right about on the facts here.  I'm not talking about your opinion, which you are entitled to, but this is about the first fact you've been accurate on, and it was a half truth, you tried to lump that 93 Silsbee game in with the 97-04 era.  You still haven't addressed your TOTAL and COMPLETE misfire on the defenses from the 1997 - 2004 window, when we were DOMINANT.  Please, don't support your opinion based on incorrect data, and then tell people to bring their facts, stop drinkin the kool-aid, take off the rose colored glasses... etc.  If you want to talk the last few years, have at it, we've struggled, but don't lump 2 decades into the discussion, because you are wrong about it.

[quote author=smitty link=topic=72900.msg848427#msg848427 date=1284645249]
Thanks for the info.  I had the time-frame wrong.  But was right on the important points.  That this running back did rush for these many yards against this DC.  Again thanks.

[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=72900.msg848419#msg848419 date=1284643530]
It was 1993 and it was Silsbee RB Jay McGuire, Willie Ray Smith award winner, who racked up 454 yards rushing and 5 TD's. McGuire had over 600 all purpose yards and 6 TD's in that game against Nederland.

But the amazing part was later that season. McGuire broke his leg in the last district game against Jasper and would miss the playoffs. Facing Nederland in the first round of the playoffs, most folks thought Silsbee was doomed because the Tigers needed every bit of McGuire's yards and TD's in the first game with Ned, which was a shootout, Tigers winning 48-44.

Silsbee decided to scrap their zone coverage defense that Nederland ripped apart in the regular season game and they went to man coverage and blitzed every other play. Result was 10 sacks on the Nederland QB and 2 picks and a 34-7 Bi-district win.
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote name="smitty" post="849343" timestamp="1284761879"]
Penny, I was NOT trying to lump that in the 97-02 era.  I was stating a fact that a RB had this much yards against this DC.  The year doesn't matter.  What matters is that it happened under this DC.  Before and after this era you talk about is the norm for this DC.  District championships and state championships are won on defense.  I just watched again as B barbers Hill RB smoked us for a 70 yard TD run.  Stop me if you see a fib here.  Need I say more?!      ::)

[quote author=Penny link=topic=72900.msg849050#msg849050 date=1284725972]
Smitty, just asking but aren't you kind of cherry picking what you've been right about on the facts here.  I'm not talking about your opinion, which you are entitled to, but this is about the first fact you've been accurate on, and it was a half truth, you tried to lump that 93 Silsbee game in with the 97-04 era.  You still haven't addressed your TOTAL and COMPLETE misfire on the defenses from the 1997 - 2004 window, when we were DOMINANT.  Please, don't support your opinion based on incorrect data, and then tell people to bring their facts, stop drinkin the kool-aid, take off the rose colored glasses... etc.  If you want to talk the last few years, have at it, we've struggled, but don't lump 2 decades into the discussion, because you are wrong about it.

Thanks for the info.  I had the time-frame wrong.  But was right on the important points.  That this running back did rush for these many yards against this DC.  Again thanks.

It was 1993 and it was Silsbee RB Jay McGuire, Willie Ray Smith award winner, who racked up 454 yards rushing and 5 TD's. McGuire had over 600 all purpose yards and 6 TD's in that game against Nederland.

But the amazing part was later that season. McGuire broke his leg in the last district game against Jasper and would miss the playoffs. Facing Nederland in the first round of the playoffs, most folks thought Silsbee was doomed because the Tigers needed every bit of McGuire's yards and TD's in the first game with Ned, which was a shootout, Tigers winning 48-44.

Silsbee decided to scrap their zone coverage defense that Nederland ripped apart in the regular season game and they went to man coverage and blitzed every other play. Result was 10 sacks on the Nederland QB and 2 picks and a 34-7 Bi-district win.
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Smitty, have you ever gone to watch the dogs practice?"

You squeezed it down two years 97-02 now???, and in fact we played pretty good defense in 2005 also with Butler and Mohica leading the charge.  Look, you can't speak to any form of balanced facts, you have your perception and agenda, carry on.   

I just talked to my son who is with some other Nederland players and they are all devastated over the news. It is times like this that Smitty should thank his lucky stars that a man like Delbert Spell would be helping every player in the Nederland football program deal with what happened tonight in WOS. Sometimes is more than X,s and O,s that these coaches teach these boys.

Ok, newbie, yes.  And your point is?    ???

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="849921" timestamp="1284781247"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=72900.msg849343#msg849343 date=1284761879]

[quote author=Penny link=topic=72900.msg849050#msg849050 date=1284725972]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Smitty, have you ever gone to watch the dogs practice?"
[/quote]

Never had an agenda.  Just see what needs to be done for Ned to step it up.  You step it up with defense.  With this DC it's not gonna happen.  You can drink the kool-aid as much as you want.  Until this changes, no district or state championships.  Sometimes tough love is needed.  If one is tough enough to admit it!    IMHO  ;)

[quote name="Penny" post="849953" timestamp="1284782348"]
You squeezed it down two years 97-02 now???, and in fact we played pretty good defense in 2005 also with Butler and Mohica leading the charge.  Look, you can't speak to any form of balanced facts, you have your perception and agenda, carry on.    
[/quote]

[quote name="smitty" post="849993" timestamp="1284783750"]
Never had an agenda.  Just see what needs to be done for Ned to step it up.  You step it up with defense.  With this DC it's not gonna happen.  You can drink the kool-aid as much as you want.  Until this changes, no district or state championship.  Sometimes tough love is needed.  If one is tough enough to admit it!     ;)

[quote author=Penny link=topic=72900.msg849953#msg849953 date=1284782348]
You squeezed it down two years 97-02 now???, and in fact we played pretty good defense in 2005 also with Butler and Mohica leading the charge.  Look, you can't speak to any form of balanced facts, you have your perception and agenda, carry on.   
[/quote]
[/quote]

Smitty, you are such an idiot. You just dont get it. You keep posting to get your egotistical post at the top of the message board and a young man in the area passed away tonight playing the game he loved. At this moment, you need to quit drinking your koolaid and shut your mouth so this message board can pay their respects to the family of Mr. Garret.

I'm sure he does a good job in that area.  But that's not the area we have been talking about.  ???

[quote name="Roughrider" post="849981" timestamp="1284783363"]
I just talked to my son who is with some other Nederland players and they are all devastated over the news. It is times like this that Smitty should thank his lucky stars that a man like Delbert Spell would be helping every player in the Nederland football program deal with what happened tonight in WOS. Sometimes is more than X,s and O,s that these coaches teach these boys.
[/quote]

Just my two cents.. As a former player at c.o. wilson and a player under neumann and barrow, I can tell you this.. The middle schools do not do enough to prepare the boys for playing at the higher levels.. This is a big problem area.. My experience on 'weight lifting days' was everyone walking around the weight room talking and doing a rep here and there..

Next, barrow's playcalling in intense and dramatic situations has always been questionable.. This dates back to the 2000 game against bay city on the goal line.. But he generally does well when he's not put under pressure.. The biggest exception I saw was against barbers hill.. This was the worst called game I've seen in a long time.. At least up until the 4th quarter.. I don't know what he or neumann were thinking but most of the plays were just dumb and didn't make sense.. Maybe he's just saving stuff for district? Doubt it but I guess we will find out..

Lynch has done plenty at C.O. That man is an ICON. He has dedicated his life to developing young players so they are ready to play when they arrive at the high school.

If anything, Nederland is lucky to have a man like that at the junior high level. He's a hard-nose, old school coach with amazing work ethic. Its a darn shame you would say that about his program at CO Wilson MS.

**Now, what I can't comment on, is the other MS, Central

I've notice by you and a couple of others here, when you can't defend your arguments you get personal.  It's just been my opinion that Ned's defenses will get better when changes are made.    ::)

[quote name="dawgnut" post="850790" timestamp="1284861467"]
Does anyone know where smitty works, I wonder if they get their moneys worth from him. In my years I have found the most critical people are usually the worst offenders. Just a thought!
[/quote]

It's a question..How many of you who post on here actually have sons playing football for Nederland, or at all????  Really, most of these posts are by wanna be's.

My sons played/play for CMS and I am proud of all their hard work.  COW has a wonderful program.  But there's no second guessing the talent pool from CMS. WE could name some of the BEST from Nederland who started their football journey at Central (and of course, COW ,as well).  There's no need to divide NEDERLAND.  NO ONE FROM NEDERLAND WOULD DO THAT.

Smitty is a PNG fan, no doubt, who doesn't posses any higher education.  That's a given.  Let' be smart and NOT feed his fire.  He can't fool everyone.  By the way, the only way he is paying taxes in Nederland is the money he's paying his ex.

[quote name="willforever" post="851075" timestamp="1284905882"]
Smitty is a PNG fan, no doubt, who doesn't posses any higher education.  That's a given.  Let' be smart and NOT feed his fire.  I know him and he can't fool us.  The only way he is paying taxes in Nederland is the money he's paying his ex.
[/quote]

If smitty really is a PN-G fan, then he probably possesses higher education. ;D

[quote name="PN-G bandkid" post="851121" timestamp="1284910337"]
[quote author=willforever link=topic=72900.msg851075#msg851075 date=1284905882]
Smitty is a PNG fan, no doubt, who doesn't posses any higher education.  That's a given.  Let' be smart and NOT feed his fire.  I know him and he can't fool us.  The only way he is paying taxes in Nederland is the money he's paying his ex.
[/quote]

[/quote]

You're absolutely right!  In Nederland, we consider a higher education getting a College Diploma.

[quote name="willforever" post="851126" timestamp="1284910647"]
[quote author=PN-G bandkid link=topic=72900.msg851121#msg851121 date=1284910337]
[quote author=willforever link=topic=72900.msg851075#msg851075 date=1284905882]
Smitty is a PNG fan, no doubt, who doesn't posses any higher education.  That's a given.  Let' be smart and NOT feed his fire.  I know him and he can't fool us.  The only way he is paying taxes in Nederland is the money he's paying his ex.
[/quote]

[/quote]

You're absolutely right!  In Nederland, we consider a higher education getting a College Diploma.
[/quote]

At PN-G, we consider higher education to be the attainment of a college diploma as well. It's just that, at PN-G, we have enough AP/LEAP programs to have our hands on a college diploma three years after graduation (or less, depending on the major). ;)

That's what you get when your school has more AP/LEAP classes than any other school in the area. ;D

That's great, you got your college degree in 3 years!  Wow!  

That says a lot about you...

It's questionable how PNG BandKid jumps on this board and Smitty disappears..hmmm...
Use your laptop and desktop?  

Definition of POSEUR
: a person who pretends to be what he or she is not : an affected or insincere person.

No one believes that you are a NEDERLAND supporter (of course, this is for smitty).  I can clearly identify people with a degree in BS.

[quote name="willforever" post="851155" timestamp="1284913407"]

It's questionable how PNG BandKid jumps on this board and Smitty disappears..hmmm...

Definition of POSEUR
: a person who pretends to be what he or she is not : an affected or insincere person.

No one believes that you are a NEDERLAND supporter (of course, this is for smitty).  I can clearly identify people with a degree in BS.
[/quote]

Ok, bud, it was a joke. I'm not smitty. Granted, the joke got a little out of hand, but it was just a joke.

And for the record, I don't have a college degree. I'm still in high school. My only point with the talk about the PN-G AP/LEAP programs was to counter your joke about the standard for higher education in Nederland. PN-G has a series of AP and LEAP classes that are taught by experienced teachers, many of whom have either served as college professors (one at LSU) or teach classes at Lamar now, thus allowing their classes to double as college classes thanks to co-enrollment with Lamar or the taking of the AP test, which in turn allows PN-G students who take them to reduce the amount of time needed to earn their college diploma. Nederland has several AP and LEAP courses as well, as do many other schools in the area.

[quote name="PN-G bandkid" post="851173" timestamp="1284914757"]
[quote author=willforever link=topic=72900.msg851155#msg851155 date=1284913407]

Definition of POSEUR

[/quote]

Ok, bud, it was a joke. I'm not smitty. Granted, the joke got a little out of hand, but it was just a joke.

And for the record, I don't have a college degree. I'm still in high school. My only point with the talk about the PN-G AP/LEAP programs was to counter your joke about the standard for higher education in Nederland. PN-G has a series of AP and LEAP classes that are taught by experienced teachers, many of whom have either served as college professors (one at LSU) or teach classes at Lamar now, thus allowing their classes to double as college classes thanks to co-enrollment with Lamar or the taking of the AP test, which in turn allows PN-G students who take them to reduce the amount of time needed to earn their college diploma. Nederland has several AP and LEAP courses as well, as do many other schools in the area.
[/quote]

Who gives a crap....This is a football thread.

It's amazing how another newbi here can get so many things wrong and make wild assumptions:  Posts by wanna be's!  Smitty a PN-G fan?!  Doesn't pay taxes in Nederland?!  Actually our taxes are too frickin high.  But any way, if you can't bring anything to this board, then find one that has aother things you can't prove.  Or do like you've done here, find a subject on another board and talk about something else other than the stated subject.  All we want here is people's opinion on the stated subject.    ::)

[quote name="willforever" post="851075" timestamp="1284905882"]
It's a question..How many of you who post on here actually have sons playing football for Nederland, or at all????  Really, most of these posts are by wanna be's.

My sons played/play for CMS and I am proud of all their hard work.  COW has a wonderful program.  But there's no second guessing the talent pool from CMS. WE could name some of the BEST from Nederland who started their football journey at Central (and of course, COW ,as well).  There's no need to divide NEDERLAND.  NO ONE FROM NEDERLAND WOULD DO THAT.

Smitty is a PNG fan, no doubt, who doesn't posses any higher education.  That's a given.  Let' be smart and NOT feed his fire.  He can't fool everyone.  By the way, the only way he is paying taxes in Nederland is the money he's paying his ex.
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder