Nederland at Barbers Hill Game Thread/BH Wins/Comments

WOSgrad

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like we still need to iron out giving up big plays and that inexperience showed some tonight.   I am not concerned about the second part, but the first part has been a problem. It was good to know Raines seemed to not let that effect him and almost pulled off the comeback.

Raines matured a ton last night and his 4th quarter performance was better than OK, it was outstanding...never happy with a loss, but these are non-district games and Nederland had a whole bunch of talent on the sidelines in shorts last night with injuries...as far as I know, most of these guys should be back after the bye week and ready for district...the key is avoiding major injuries the rest of the way...again, couldn't be prouder of the team for the 2nd half effort...it would have been real easy to lay down and quit...to me, this is one thing that people undervalue about Neumann and that's his ability to motivate a team no matter the circumstances...

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="844452" timestamp="1284215356"]
Good job Eagles!  If i'm looking at everything right, this game was a must win to avoid the pink shirts.  A sweep of 20-4A in the first round playoff match ups, would make 19-4A the winner of yalls bet. :o  Can anybody confirm that?
[/quote]I think it is an overall win, both pre and post season games.

No moral victories here, hats off to the Hill on your win. With that being said, I liked what I saw in the 2nd half from the Dogs. Nederland showed some offensive balance that we havent seen to this point, and Mr Raines showed me alot last nite....stepping up in the pocket... setting up and throwing off his front foot...too much to list. The defense with the exception of Kemp are all under classmen, and played well. Bottom line, Ned is Young...Green... and growing. We made some rookie mistakes, but I also saw potential and tons of heart.

The  Dogs are coming together at the right time. Carson grew up in the second half with his passing game. I have never been more glad for him. H. Butler,C. Cunningham, and S. Schlett came through with some great catches. The defense is young but they are growing up real quick. Congraulations to BH on there first win.

[quote name="SETXSPORTSJUNKIE" post="844724" timestamp="1284236242"]
Doesn't sound like BH "PULLED OUT" a win as Baddog said.  Sounds like BH "HAD" the win with 28 unanswered points through 3 quarters.  They just didn't "GIVE UP" the win to Nederland and finished the Dogs off with their defense. 

Sounds like it was a good game to watch...well, in the 4th quarter, any way. 
[/quote]

What are we doing, splitting hairs here? I see nothing wrong with my wordage.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124