Gal. Ball vs. Central KFDM/CW Live Telecast Thread/Central wins!/Comments

AggiesAreWe

KFDM will broadcast LIVE on the CW TONIGHT's matchup of Galveston Ball and Beaumont Central at 6pm at Da Butch! The game will also be streamed at KFDM.com and SETXsports.com.

Mike Sanchez and Mike Freidman will be making the call in this first LIVE televised broadcast of high school football in this area. KFDM along with Sheffield Productions will be bringing you the action to your tv and computer screens.

At 5:45p.m. a video stream box will appear here:
http://www.kfdm.com/

You can watch it on the homepage, or you can make the picture go full screen.

Galveston Ball vs. Central, LIVE, TONIGHT on the Time Warner CW channel 10 and digital channel 866 and KFDM.com.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High School Football televised Live in Southeast Texas!!!!!  Central fans are you excited?  SE Texas high school football fans are you excited?  Everyone should be-  this being the first of 6 games to be shown live on KFDM and SETXsports. 
  I've got a whole crew chomping at the bit after learning that Channel 6 called us to help make this telecast happen.  Our crew's excitement level has gone up several LED levels once we found out that we would be working with journeymen announcers Mike Friedman and Mike Sanchez.   
  Big Kudos to all at KFDM and SETXsports for putting this together for the fans, parents and players in the area.  Whether you see it live on the CW, live or delayed posting on the SETXsite;  this game is a must watch event in a series of 5 more to follow.    Check the listings and find out if your team or one you want to watch is coming up for viewing.  see 'ya on the field, videoguy

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="843080" timestamp="1284140983"]
This is great, every Friday in Louisiana you can watch High School football, it's about time we got the chance in southeast Texas.
[/quote]
  You are sooooo right about every Friday in Louisiana.  There is an Istrouma fan on this board that has pointed this out for several seasons.    Every week a La high school matchup gets featured live, then shown again on  delayed broadcast several times along with LSU games.  In Texas there is a little detail called the "UIL".  UIL rulings govern what Texas HS sports can and can not do on live tv.  LA does not have the UIL riding herd over them and making rules on Friday nite telecasts.  If I understand right:; these Texas airings are being permitted because they are on Sat and UIL rules are somewhat different for Sat matchups being broadcast.  Notice that some of the high schools in upcoming broadcasts moved their games to Sat so this would be legal with the UIL.  What a commitment from the schools and fans!
  There was a lot of preparation and groundwork this summer in order to make that happen.  If your school isn't on this season,  ask your coach or AD to contact KFDM to be considered for next year.  Hopefully,  this season will be well received and maybethere will be a full 10 games broadcast next year.     
  Everyone liking the idea of local HS games being broadcast live need to send their thanks to KFDM, SETXsports and show appreciation to sponsors that are helping bring this about.  I know I am going to.  see 'ya on the field, videoguy

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="843080" timestamp="1284140983"]
This is great, every Friday in Louisiana you can watch High School football, it's about time we got the chance in southeast Texas.
[/quote]

I wonder what this will do the the attendance for the game?  I have tried to watch a couple of the HS games on Fox and ESPN but couldn't really stay interested myself.  But will see if it reduces the crowd.  By the way, I haven't heard about attendance yet at the WB games at the new stadium yet.  How has that been so far?

[quote name="videoguy" post="843110" timestamp="1284143120"]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=72734.msg843080#msg843080 date=1284140983]
[/quote]
 You are sooooo right about every Friday in Louisiana.   There is an Istrouma fan on this board that has pointed this out for several seasons.    Every week a La high school matchup gets featured live, then shown again on  delayed broadcast several times along with LSU games.  In Texas there is a little detail called the "UIL".  UIL rulings govern what Texas HS sports can and can not do on live tv.  LA does not have the UIL riding herd over them and making rules on Friday nite telecasts.   If I understand right:; these Texas airings are being permitted because they are on Sat and UIL rules are somewhat different for Sat matchups being broadcast.   Notice that some of the high schools in upcoming broadcasts moved their games to Sat so this would be legal with the UIL.   What a commitment from the schools and fans!
 There was a lot of preparation and groundwork this summer in order to make that happen.   If your school isn't on this season,  ask your coach or AD to contact KFDM to be considered for next year.   Hopefully,  this season will be well received and maybethere will be a full 10 games broadcast next year.      
  Everyone liking the idea of local HS games being broadcast live need to send their thanks to KFDM, SETXsports and show appreciation to sponsors that are helping bring this about.  I know I am going to.   see 'ya on the field, videoguy
[/quote]

The UIL specifically prohibits live video broadcasts and streaming on Friday nights only.  They have no such prohibition for any other game of the week!

I am looking forward to your video and....I hope ESPN doesn't get on me for this.....Mike and Mike (in the Evening) doing the call.  I am really glad that it will be streamed on kfdm.com and SETXsports.com for those of us that are a liiiiiiiiiiittle outside of the KFDM viewing area.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="844542" timestamp="1284223911"]
AAW, which of the two links do we click to get the game online as I am a BIT out of the viewing area.
[/quote]

Those links I posted are just their promotional links. I do not have the link to the broadcast, yet. Hopefully Lance will get that up for us soon.

At 5:45p.m. a video stream box will appear here:
http://www.kfdm.com/

You can watch it on the homepage, or you can make the picture go full screen.  I'll let people know now that all time lapsing problems will be on your ISP, not KFDM's end because we're a sending a LIVE SIGNAL, not an internet upload signal, to our server.

Now if that server crashes... then it's our fault! Enjoy the game, we're going to enjoy this first experience in many years!

We've just received word from the folks at Da Butch that they are having some satellite signal problem which may delay the internet stream.  So if at 6 pm you can't get the video stream box, be patient!!!

They are expending every effort to get this resolved prior to kickoff.  Live high school football will be here soon!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn