19-4a Top 4

liltex

Dayton, maybe GP and I do not know after this! GCM looks soft Defensively and cannot finish a drive without a mistake. I can only speculate about the other teams. Maybe they can grow up the next few games. They are now hit with the injury bug it seems.  Crosby should be there in district.

With the exeption of Dayton, and maybe Crosby, it doesn't matter who gets 3rd and 4th, both those teams from 19-4A will be bulldozed into basketball season in the first round of the playoffs.

CE King and North Forest have the talent, can they get direction?
Galena Park's offensive numbers will tumble when they square up against Crosby and Dayton.

Lee may have trouble winning a game, much less being in the top 4.
They are dropping like flies.
They started the game with Zellars, Landry and Willie out with injuries.  Ford hurt his arm early in the game and was in street clothes for the second half.
They now have 4 possible starters out with injuries.
It's getting pretty thin over there on the Gander sideline.

Once Zellars and Landry come back, I think they should be able to compete a little better.

It was a simple question.
No need to read anything into it.

None of the teams have shown anything that would lead one to believe they are a shoo-in.
If any of you have seen at least 4 of the teams in the district, then I would like to hear what you think, otherwise don't you think it would be kind of difficult for you to compare the teams at this juncture?

[quote name="panamamyers" post="839821" timestamp="1283704802"]

None of the teams have shown anything that would lead one to believe they are a shoo-in.
If any of you have seen at least 4 of the teams in the district, then I would like to hear what you think, otherwise don't you think it would be kind of difficult for you to compare the teams at this juncture?
[/quote] The only team I really know is Dayton and I like what I see this year if we stay healthy this will be a deep playoff team for sure. Your right the rest of "19-a" in my opinion is a toss up you never know whose going to catch fire and peak at the right time.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="839821" timestamp="1283704802"]

[/quote]
What would you consider more relevant for a 4A team.
Putting up 56 points on a 3A team or playing a 5A playoff team to the wire.
Once district starts everybody is 0 and 0.
That includes Central, which will be a better team for playing better teams.

Guest whoabroncos09
[quote name="octfeb" post="839901" timestamp="1283710724"]
AND.. Dayton usually starts off pre season with loses and always is the last one standing in the playoff runs...
[/quote]

This is true, we always lose and fix our mistakes and have the longest playoff run in the district.

Look, Dayton lost to a mediocre 5A team.
Crosby was hammered by two good 4A teams. 
Lee lost to a mediocre to poor 5A team and was hammered by a good 5A team.
Barbers Hill lost to two mediocre 4A teams.
GCM lost to 2 mediocre 4A teams.
Galena Park beat two horrible 4A teams.
CE King beat a bad 4A team and lost to an average 4A team.
NF lost to a private school and then beat probably the worst 4A team in the state.

I guess you could say Dayton has the better end of that deal so far in that they at least played toe to toe with a run of the mill 5A team.

Dayton crosby are winless but look at the opponents i don't see anyone else going out and playing games like those two teams (minus PNG)

Cougs preseason is Montgomery 2nd rnd playoff tm, PNG 10-2 2nd rnd, and Dawson 4th round.

You almost literally cant play better teams.

Those who think Dayton V. Crosby won't decide the district title are crazy.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="840565" timestamp="1283808717"]
Look, Dayton lost to a mediocre 5A team.
Crosby was hammered by two good 4A teams. 
Lee lost to a mediocre to poor 5A team and was hammered by a good 5A team.
Barbers Hill lost to two mediocre 4A teams.
GCM lost to 2 mediocre 4A teams.
Galena Park beat two horrible 4A teams.
CE King beat a bad 4A team and lost to an average 4A team.
NF lost to a private school and then beat probably the worst 4A team in the state.

I guess you could say Dayton has the better end of that deal so far in that they at least played toe to toe with a run of the mill 5A team.
[/quote]

Hammered in 2nd half fyi thats all about depth. The cougs can stick with good teams if they can play good defense in the second half.

Both those "good" teams were within striking distance coming into half time.

In the Montgomery game we actually tied the score early in the 3rd quarter, in the PNG game we were down 10-0 but it was slightly unlucky that we were that far down. Could of just as easily been 3-0 3-7 or even 0-14 (2 stalled drives)

Also i think your underselling how good those two 4a teams where, in most polls they're considered top 10 teams in the state. If i was making a poll id have that Montgomery team in my top 7 and PNG easily in the top 10 prolly either 9-10.

Dayton Lost get over it when it comes down to it if you play dayton 1st round of the playoffs your going to get killed, no matter who you are.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="840644" timestamp="1283815599"]
Gregory-Portland didn't seem to have any trouble with PNG.
Montgomery and PNG are good teams.
I didn't say otherwise.
Getting hammered by good teams does not make one good though.
It just means you are not as good as those good teams.

Losing to average 5A teams(Elkins) does not really say a whole lot about you either.

[/quote]

Elkins is a 5A team.  They are an above average 5A team.
An above average 5A team is always going to give 4A teams trouble.

Dayton did well to play Elkins so tough.
Should be a sign that Dayton has a good team this year.

Sound familiar panama?  It should, because you wrote it. If you want to try to dog the broncos out, that's cool, just be consistent.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="840807" timestamp="1283823275"]
I am sure that Dayton is a good team.
I'm just saying that we can't really crown them or Crosby at this point.
Neither one of them has won a game yet.
I guess we can, because this is all conjecture anyways.
I just don't see any evidence to back it up after one of them is 0-1 and the other is 0-2.

[/quote] Let me say it again.. Dayton always starts out losing in the pre season and always goes far into the playoffs.. and the last team standing round these here parts Just saying. :P

Elkins is an average to above average team.
I'll let you decide.  You're the one that was there.
They will get hammered by a team like Hightower.

I was giving Dayton props for staying with Elkins, because I was trying to reiterate my earlier point about 5A being tougher than 4A.  An average to above average 5A team like Elkins will give problems to a 4A team like Dayton or Crosby or Montgomery or PNG or anyone this side of LT.

The fact that Dayton hung in there shows that Dayton is pretty good, but I don't know if I would want to predict the outcome of the district based on a bunch of teams that have all lost their games.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder