20-4A after 4 district games who ya got?

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="847590" timestamp="1284502990"]
[quote author=lionbaseball link=topic=72455.msg847583#msg847583 date=1284502555]
Everybody is downing Livingston I'm ready to see the other teams try to slow down our FAST offense or get up after are HARD HITTING defense tackles you.... And to relive the past the 2 teams everybody is talking up (central and ozen) Livingston beat last year and we are a year older!!!!
[/quote]Look up two posts there Lionbaseball and you'll see my feelings on that.  :D
[/quote]HAHAHA!!! Amen brother

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="badndn" post="847437" timestamp="1284492561"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=72455.msg847397#msg847397 date=1284489785]
[quote author=GoodwIN link=topic=72455.msg846991#msg846991 date=1284434108]
Hey, whats going on with central this year?
Are they young, or just playing good teams?
Also Ball isnt that Bad, their predicted to make the playoffs in 24-4A this year so congrates on the win. Sometimes all teams need is that 1 win
to get things going
[/quote]

Ball won't be anywhere near the playoffs!  You heard it here first.  :o
[/quote]
And you heard it here second.

I've seen TC, FWood and Ball so far...TC and FWood are light years ahead of Ball. Not to mention Manvel, Lamarque, and even 3-0 Santa Fe. Ball will finish last in that district. They just got the prediction based on a drop from 5A.
[/quote]It's a Suggs coached team.  I believe Suggs killed PN-G when he coached @ Central.  ::)

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="847397" timestamp="1284489785"]
Also Ball isnt that Bad, their predicted to make the playoffs in 24-4A this year so congrates on the win. Sometimes all teams need is that 1 win
to get things going
[/quote]

Ball won't be anywhere near the playoffs!  You heard it here first.  :o
[/quote]Why wouldn't they? They started the year off last year getting blown away by Central and turned it around in district and made the playoffs. 

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="847256" timestamp="1284482940"]
[quote author=DOGS1988 link=topic=72455.msg847179#msg847179 date=1284477897]
[quote author=raideroldtimer link=topic=72455.msg846882#msg846882 date=1284430492]
[quote author=Yeoj link=topic=72455.msg846291#msg846291 date=1284386651]
[quote author=bojangles link=topic=72455.msg846183#msg846183 date=1284358890]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=72455.msg845662#msg845662 date=1284327395]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=72455.msg845660#msg845660 date=1284327236]
1)  PN-G
2)  LC-M
3)  Livingston
4)  Lumberton
[/quote]explaination?
[/quote]

haha after you explain why Lumberton wont be in.....

1) PN-G needs no explanation, they have played closely, 2 teams better than most in 20-4a...they just have "it" they are the team everyone wants to beat, but few admit it
2) Lumberton can score all night long with the best of em, and defense is bending, but not breaking. Dont have to kill people, a W is a W. Once the injury Bug leaves town and Ltrain is full strength again, will be tough to beat.
3)LCM is scoring at will, D is suspect, but kind of irrelevant against the several inferior opponents in the district this year...(Ozen, Vidor, Central  ;)
4)Livingston or Ned, really dont know about either

[/quote]

LCM will not stop Ozen or Central! This district is wide open for the taking. Both Beaumont schools will be right in the thick of it. The only inferior thing is LCM's defense and Lumberton's their strength of schedule so far.
[/quote]

Hmm, Lumberton's strength of schedule huh. Let's see Jasper, I'll give you that one although historically they are slow out of the gate. [color=red]Barbers Hill, didn't they spank Nederland last Friday?[/color] Oh, and before someone says we played them without some of their starters, that went both ways as we had a couple starters out and lost one during the game as well. Silsbee, picked to make the playoffs in their district, [color=red]won district champ last year against the team that pounded Nederland the first week.[/color] Dude, nobody says that Ozen and Central didn't play two very tough games to start the season with, in fact Ozen is making people notice, but face it, Central got blown out of both of their games and Galveston couldn't hold on to a ball if you super glued it to them. Yeah this district is up for grabs, but it definitely isn't gonna be the same old status quo this year.
[/quote]

SPANKED ..... POUNDED ...... geeze, why so many references to NEDERLAND??????? ..... sounds to me someone is worried about what Nederland is gonna do this year for you to use us as a comparison so much.... imo.

Oh btw, if you call losing by 7 points to BH a spanking, then it will be interesting to me to hear how future loses for the Raiders will be justified and defended. I bet spanked will be removed from the vocabulary choices won't it?

I wish upon the Raiders a sucessful season, as I do for all the teams in our district.  I hope that our DOGS will be more sucessful!!!!
[/quote]
Dogs, the main point I was trying to make is that every time you turn around most people on here are constantly picking the teams who are currently 1-2 to take this district while implying that all 3 teams that are undefeated aren't very good, because of their defenses or their supposed strength of schedule, etc. The reason I pulled out the dogs is that WOS and Silsbee are in the same district and Silsbee actually won that district. It was [b]only[/b] to make a point. People need to start realizing, that the traditional front runners aren't going to always take the playoff spots as this is probably one of the most evenly matched districts in the state if you ask me. I'll say it right now.............PNG might actually NOT make the playoffs, CENTRAL might actually NOT make the playoffs, oh Lord, someone dig a hole, cover me with honey and let the ants loose, I said it.  :o

Here comes the fireworks.
[/quote]

First, I want to say that I think that LC-M and Lumberton are both going to be tough teams this year, that I look forward to watching them both play at Indian Stadium, and that, as of now, I feel confident that Lumberton will make the playoffs and that LC-M has a solid shot at them as well.

PN-G's last two complete seasons had us at 3-0 in mid-September, just like LC-M and Lumberton are now. The first one ended with a final record of 3-6 and the second one ended with a record of 11-1. Based on this, I won't say that Lumberton and LC-M won't be successful, but I won't say that they will be, either.

I also remember starting district play 1-2 in 2007 and ending up with a final record of 8-4, a playoff loss to an eventual state championship team, and a shared district title.

A record isn't the only determining factor for predictions. The teams that were played while attaining that record need to be factored in as well. Although Lumberton and LC-M have both had good, solid pre-season schedules and now have records that speak for themselves, they didn't have the toughest pre-season schedule of any team in 20-4A. That distinction is PN-G's, and we are only three points out of 3-0, ourselves. It's not unreasonable to say that PN-G will be in the running for the district title again this year.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="847613" timestamp="1284506523"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=72455.msg847397#msg847397 date=1284489785]
to get things going
[/quote]

Ball won't be anywhere near the playoffs!  You heard it here first.  :o
[/quote]Why wouldn't they? They started the year off last year getting blown away by Central and turned it around in district and made the playoffs. 
[/quote]

That may be true, but they weren't in 24-4A last year either.   They will finish 6, 7 or 8 in that district.

Guest Bearball18
I think this will be the most even this district has been in years. People will say Central and Ozen's records speak for themselves. I disagree. They've played above quality teams. PNG should be decent. Not to sure about Nederland. Bunch of question marks. LCM and Lumberton have both played exceptionaly well for the non-district along with livingston. Vidor, probaly not. In the end  I think, in no paticular order:

LCM
PNG
Central
Livingston

Could come down too the first week of district play though.

ozen will be in the playoffs this year!!!!! westbrook and memorial are two of the best teams in setx....not to mention they are 5a. sayiing this to make the point that the panthers are battle tested. Each week ive noticed improvements and that has been done without many key players. DE terell collins(i believe he was first team all district) rb/sfty Leroy jackson(new comer of the year) sfty malamo watkins....center keyone martin(broken hand) and a couple of their big linemen are banged up.Thank God for the bye week......but by district this team this team will be the real deal.....Turkey legs, sprite  and a panthers win makes a trip to the butch worth wild!

[quote name="real eyes realize real li" post="847927" timestamp="1284563393"]
ozen will be in the playoffs this year!!!!! westbrook and memorial are two of the best teams in setx....not to mention they are 5a. sayiing this to make the point that the panthers are battle tested. Each week ive noticed improvements and that has been done without many key players. DE terell collins(i believe he was first team all district) rb/sfty Leroy jackson(new comer of the year) sfty malamo watkins....center keyone martin(broken hand) and a couple of their big linemen are banged up.Thank God for the bye week......but by district this team this team will be the real deal.....Turkey legs, sprite  and a panthers win makes a trip to the butch worth wild!
[/quote]
Man I hope you are right. Several years, ozen has had the athletes to make a playoff caliber team, but for what ever reason, have fallen short. In the past, they turned the ball over at the worst times. I'm looking forward to the Ozen game: The new stadium, turkey legs and popcorn balls. Ozen does have the best halftime food in the district!

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="847987" timestamp="1284569376"]
The Butch has Turkey legs?  That is awesome...  The best food i've seen at a stadium, is chic-fil-a chicken sandwiches, at Waller ISD stadium.  Maybe we will get to play at the Butch during the playoffs... ;D
[/quote]

Chicken at Waller..........I don't beleive you!  ;D ;D

Oh ya, believe it...  They got a $17.2 million dollar taj mahal of a stadium, with chic-fil-a food.  All that for the smallest school in the district, that never gets past the second round of the playoffs.  Unlike other nice stadiums, they don't have to share it with any other school.  I'll be sitting there in about 3 weeks, enjoying some chic-fil-a, while we get our revenge from last years upset. ;)

Back on subject, i'm taking...
PNG
Lumberton
LCM
Livingston

*Subject to change

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="848006" timestamp="1284571627"]
Oh ya, believe it...  They got a $17.2 million dollar taj mahal of a stadium, with chic-fil-a food.  All that for the smallest school in the district, that never gets past the second round of the playoffs.  Unlike other nice stadiums, they don't have to share it with any other school.  I'll be sitting there in about 3 weeks, enjoying some chic-fil-a, while we get our revenge from last years upset. ;)

Back on subject, i'm taking...
PNG
Lumberton
LCM
Livingston

[b]*Subject to change[/b]

[/quote]

Nice disclaimer you stuck in there  ;D

I am hoping Nederland gets a spot. I think with everyone healthy, we should have a good chance.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="848045" timestamp="1284573623"]
Ya, that's as of right now, but 3 out of those 4 havn't exactly played the most difficult schedule.
[/quote]

Well Livingston has played two really weak teams; and I think LCM and Lumberton have both played subpar competition (although Nacogodoches and Silsbee are pretty decent).  But you're right, PNG has played a really tough nondistrict

[quote name="A Bear's Bear" post="848077" timestamp="1284576863"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=72455.msg848045#msg848045 date=1284573623]
Ya, that's as of right now, but 3 out of those 4 havn't exactly played the most difficult schedule.
[/quote]

Well Livingston has played two really weak teams; and I think LCM and Lumberton have both played subpar competition (although Nacogodoches and Silsbee are pretty decent).  But you're right, PNG has played a really tough nondistrict
[/quote]

Ya I know...  That's why I said 3 out of the 4. 

Thanks for the recognition on the schedule brenhamfan, but lets face it  lol our secondary with the exception of Hunter Knox  is  subpar at best, I think our district is wide open as of now and we are all on a even field right about now seeing as we all have the same record in district. As far as our preseason schedule i wouldnt say that our schedule was all that, we should have won all three of our games but let two of them slip right out of our grasps. I hope with this extra week we have time to  heal and get mentally as well as physically ready to go. It is crunch time and now it is time to step it up a notch and kick it up another gear!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder