Anti RACISM Challenge

Want to throw a challenge out to all of the posters.  1st things first----lets clean everybody's slate and start fresh.

Thomas Jefferson --a white slave owner, yet great leader of this country believed and saw the need to express equality in his writing of the constitution. 

Martin Luther King a great black leader saw the need to mention the need for equality in his famous movement across this country. 
And our great Creator also saw the need to create mankind as equal.  Yet we as posters seem to find ways to be offensive and defensive towards race in our smack attacks. 

While smacking each other is fun ---- some of the remarks we make just might not be a good contribution to our area.

My challenge to everybody that post on this board is to make September a month of posting without attacking each others racial heritage.  To do such, we should never attack a poster ---but perhaps attack the post.  This could be done by putting a :( in front and in back of the post without making another derogoratory post.  Calling someone a hater or a racist just keeps the flames burning.

I would hope the moderators would join in this challenge.  This too could be fun and also make a positive impact for the many readers who read and not post as much as some of us.

So I challenge everybody to man up and say whether or not they are in or out. 

BTW--I am white, proud and blessed.  Who are you?  :)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="kicker" post="835649" timestamp="1283266002"]
I'm in 100%. By the way, I'm cajun, so I really have no clue what race I am. :D
[/quote]

Same here with a little bit of Irish mixed in. I think that is why I am hard headed. ;D

Guest rykerx144
I used to tell people I am part Indain (Native American) and that is where I get alot of my features from.  My Grandmother really looked indian because her Grandparents are full blood.  I grew up very proud of this because I thought i was Apache or Navajo or some big bad indian until i got old enough to look it up and found out that they are some midget basket weaving clan from oklahoma??  Now I just tell people I am spanish!!  

[quote name="rykerx144" post="835679" timestamp="1283269115"]
I used to tell people I am part Indain (Native American) and that is where I get alot of my features from.  My Grandmother really looked indian because her Grandparents are full blood.  I grew up very proud of this because I thought i was Apache or Navajo or some big bad indian until i got old enough to look it up and found out that they are some midget basket weaving clan from oklahoma??  Now I just tell people I am spanish!!  
[/quote]

HAAAAAHAAAAA!! I can relate to this!!!!
My boss is wondering why I am rolling around on the floor with tears in my eyes.

You've got half the equation, WeedBGone.  The other half is to not assume someone is a "hater" or "racist" because s/he happens to disagree with you.  It really is okay to have different opinions.  I promise.

I'm half Polish on my Dad's side.  My great-grandparents emigrated from Poland.  Dad is 100% Polish.  My Mom ... well ... Don't tell anybody but she's not even a native Texan.  Shhhhhh.  We keep that quiet.  She's from California and is part English and part Heinz 57.

I have less than 30% melanin concentration in my skin.

Human skin color can range from almost black (in skin with very high concentrations of the dark brown pigment melanin) to nearly colorless (appearing pinkish white due to the blood vessels under the skin). Skin color is determined primarily by the amount and type of melanin. Variations in skin color are mainly genetic in origin.

We are all different shades of the same color.

Genesis 1:27
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83