NEWTON @ KIRBYVILLE (predictions..piney woods bowl)

[quote name="EagleFan01" post="834356" timestamp="1283106766"]
everyone keeps saying the give kville the edge because this is Newton's first game. Last time  I checked this is not the first game the boys from Newton have ever played being the first game has nothing to do with it... As for the question about Newton's quaterback he is better than Flannigan he is bigger stronger and faster. He also can throw the ball all over the field and can pull it down and run with the best of em. Newton 29 Kirbyville 26
[/quote]

There is no way possible that the new qb is better than Flanigan.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, statistically speakinig if Flannigan was a top 10% QB in 2A FB, and there an average of 300 QB's in the TEXAS 2A each year....that is 30 in the top 10%...making it possible there will be roughly 29 QB's better than Flannigan...now the ways these guys could be better could be numerous or without limit..the odds that one from his own school is better is definately low, but the possibility is there...So there are possible ways....

[quote name="triskaideka" post="834521" timestamp="1283122014"]
Actually, statistically speakinig if Flannigan was a top 10% QB in 2A FB, and there an average of 300 QB's in the TEXAS 2A each year....that is 30 in the top 10%...making it possible there will be roughly 29 QB's better than Flannigan...now the ways these guys could be better could be numerous or without limit..the odds that one from his own school is better is definately low, but the possibility is there...So there are possible ways....
[/quote]

I'm not saying that there will not be a better QB in the state but the new one for newton is not better than Flannigan

The QB is unproven to say the least. He has yet to face any kind of leadership test in a game. To even compare him to Flanagan at this point is idiotic. Give him until district play to see how he molds this Eagle squad into his own. I think this offense will be exciting, as usual. Defense is another story. All the talk about Flanagan, does anyone remember the game winning drive in the all star game? Not bad for a 2A QB.

[quote name="rykerx144" post="834365" timestamp="1283107417"]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=72153.msg834248#msg834248 date=1283096637]
I don't believe Newton's defense can stand up to Kirbyville and therefore bad as I hate to say it, Kirbyville by 7.
[/quote]

that took alot of guts!  I commend you for it lol 
[/quote]
Thanks! I try to be a realist. I love my Newton Eagles, but I know they are a long way from that title game in December. The road there is always fun.

[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=72153.msg834248#msg834248 date=1283096637]
I don't believe Newton's defense can stand up to Kirbyville and therefore bad as I hate to say it, Kirbyville by 7.
Well Kirbyville's offense is definely not up to par. We definely missing Dunte Thomas and Stefon Jackson, but i dont think they will get to play until district start. Hopefully our offensive line show some improvement. Oh yeah, we have another speedy back playing next friday by the name of Berman Irvine. Should be a 3 headed monster next week featuring Ford, Irvine and Haywood, but our O line have to get better. Last but not least, our defense will definely be ready to go!

if this is not game of the week something is very wrong.this is gonna be one heck of a ball game. and this is barbays last year there will be no tricks left under his sleeve.wish i could be there but going to be hollering for those young bulldogs.good luck to both teams

[quote name="LAPD" post="834178" timestamp="1283089042"]
Seems like this very well could be game of the week. Last season it was who had the football last that won the football game. District championship and all out of the way this season i see the same thing happening.
Newton-22
Kirbyville-20
[/quote]

I don't remember Kirbyville ever being involved in Game of the week..Could have happened I just don't remember it.. ;)

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="834900" timestamp="1283177818"]
[quote author=LAPD link=topic=72153.msg834178#msg834178 date=1283089042]
Seems like this very well could be game of the week. Last season it was who had the football last that won the football game. District championship and all out of the way this season i see the same thing happening.
Newton-22
Kirbyville-20
[/quote]

I don't remember Kirbyville ever being involved in Game of the week..Could have happened I just don't remember it.. ;)
[/quote]

they have been before just dont remeber the exact games, I expect them too at least once before the year is up, maybe WOS or Jasper

[quote name="LAPD" post="834178" timestamp="1283089042"]
Newton-22
Kirbyville-20
[/quote] No sir....not in 2010!! Newton better work on their passing game this week in practice because the run will be shut down.

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="hardcore" post="835441" timestamp="1283224097"]
WELL! I will say this! I believe that this will be a good game. With that said, here is my prediction.

Kirbyville- 27

Newton- 21

That is the bottom line because "Hardcore" said so! 8)
[/quote] ::) ::) ::)

[quote name="rykerx144" post="835477" timestamp="1283227011"]
[quote author=hardcore link=topic=72153.msg835441#msg835441 date=1283224097]
WELL! I will say this! I believe that this will be a good game. With that said, here is my prediction.

Kirbyville- 27

Newton- 21

That is the bottom line because "Hardcore" said so! 8)
[/quote] ::) ::) ::)
[/quote] WHAT UP "WAGON JUMPER" WHO WILL YOU BE FOR THIS WEEK! 8)

Guest rykerx144
You want to know what I will be for this week?

I will be for all the local kids to have safe weeks and injury free!

I will be for Kirbyville stomping the crap outta Newton

I will be for all teams in district 19 4a to lose again!

but most importantly I will be hoping for you to have internet problems!! ;D

[quote name="rykerx144" post="835499" timestamp="1283228686"]

but most importantly I will be hoping for you to have internet problems!! ;D
[/quote] You and I agree on one thing the local kids to have safe weeks and injury free but do not believe you on the others. You are a "Wagon Jumper" that is your new name. Everyone in Kirbyville knows it.
That is the bottom line because "Hardcore AKA Heart and Fire Aka Kirby1991" said so! 8)

[quote name="rykerx144" post="835499" timestamp="1283228686"]

[b]but most importantly I will be hoping for you to have internet problems!! ;D
[/quote][/b]

:D :D :D

[quote name="LAPD" post="835862" timestamp="1283287325"]
I heard through the grapevine Kelvin Bennet was hurt. Just a rumor need help from some newton, kirbyville or jasper fan they all keep up with each other lol.
[/quote]

First I heard of it...try to find out if I can find my old bud in Newton...

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="835867" timestamp="1283287535"]
[quote author=LAPD link=topic=72153.msg835862#msg835862 date=1283287325]
I heard through the grapevine Kelvin Bennet was hurt. Just a rumor need help from some newton, kirbyville or jasper fan they all keep up with each other lol.
[/quote]

Fist I heard of it...try to find out if I can find my old bud in Newton...
[/quote]
thanks

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83