Orangefield at East Chambers/ORANGEFIELD WINS 21-20!!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Jones in the game it was 0-0 end of first. He tossed a touchdown pass to start second, OF scored on first play from scrimmage. It MIGHT have been a different game if he would have played all 4 quarters, but the truth is that he did play through the first series of the second quarter and it was tied. EC will be fine, depending on the status of his ankle. He is a good player, no question.

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="832871" timestamp="1282970753"]
[font=Courier]Update on Jones?[/font]
[/quote]
This is just speculation, but it looked to be his ankle.  He walked to the locker room on his own power.  Hope he has a speedy recovery.

You forgot to mention that EC took the first series down to the five then fumbled and also missed a short field goal as the half ran out. I think it would have been a much different offense with Jones. He injured his ankle on the first series of the game and was able to pass for 4 or five completions while hobbled by an ankle injury. Second string QB never even attempted a pass.

I don't claim to be a football wizard but I was not aware that you could get a penalty called on you but if you took a timeout they would just pick up the flag and could say my bad.  Not sure who the crew was last night but they need to have a little refresher on the rules.  They should also learn that if a guy calls for fair catch but is not the one who catches the ball you can actually run with it.  Again, not the wizard but know enough to be dangerous.  Bigg effort by OF last night, agree could have been different had OF not of knocked out qb.  Moss and Shores hit the qb hard on the first drive, he was never the same after that.  Moss also big on special teams with the block of pat and hand on it in the first half.  Great strategy at the end bwhen EC was trying to let us score so they could get ball back.  We did what we needed to do to win.  Hope the kids ankle gets better soon, he is a good basketball player as well.

I'll try and help you out football wiz. If a player on the receiving team calls for a fair catch then the ball is dead no matter who catches it. They made the correct call. Timeout was called to the field judge right before the line judge threw the flag from the other side of the field. Again, correct call.

Doesn't matter East Chambers broke the huddle twice during the game with 12 players and both times a flag was thrown by the official on their sideline. Both times the flag was thrown before a time out was called but both times a time out was given, explain that to me.

The way I understand the old rule, when the 12+ men in the huddle was put into place was to keep the offense from trying to decive the defense. Like having 3 wide outs and 2 tight ends in the huddle and at the last moment taking the tight ends out. The defense couldn't adjust from run to pass. At that time it was an automatic illegal procedure.

Now it's only a procedure call if a play is run. Hense the time out means there was no attempt to decive and no foul.

[quote name="uknowit2" post="833453" timestamp="1283029119"]
Buy a rule book.
[/quote]
lol you might want to take your own advice! You can not break the huddle with 12 men. It does not matter if you run the play or not. It's an automatic penalty

Guest ECBucFan
Does it really matter now? OF got their one point win over a 2A team who's MVP QB went down in the 1st quarter. Congrats to you and good luck in your district. 

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="ECBucFan" post="833512" timestamp="1283030772"]
Does it really matter now? OF got their one point win over a 2A team who's MVP QB went down in the 1st quarter. Congrats to you and good luck in your district. 
[/quote]

EC used to be 3A and their enrollment is not that much different from Orangefields. So don't use the 2A/3A excuse. Everyone on here including the people from Winnie gave Orangefield no chance. I hate it that EC QB got hurt. I guess we will never know if Jones would have made a difference. A win is a win, does not matter if it is one point or thirty. If you are going to down grade a Orangefield win then don't get so excited when you beat us. It has been a good series over the years. I think it will continue to be. I respect your loyality for EC and you should be proud of EC, they have been very successful over the years since they dropped to 2A.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami