WO-S at Nederland/WOS WINS 40-19!!!!!

[quote name="heartattack90" post="834236" timestamp="1283095435"]
[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=72002.msg834203#msg834203 date=1283091739]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=72002.msg834198#msg834198 date=1283091112]
[quote author=mat link=topic=72002.msg834181#msg834181 date=1283089264]
I'm not a Bulldog but;

Didn't WOS beat Nederland soundly last year?
Didn't Nederland lose their #1 QB last year in week one?
Didn't Nederland make the playoffs last year?

Be patient

[/quote]

Yes
Yes
Yes

I agree, Neumann said in the paper that they aren't about to go out and slash their wrists over this, I think the Ned fans should follow suit.

[/quote]Why can't the bulldog fans see it this way ???...Man I get so tierd of hearing I have been a bulldog fan forever [glow=red,2,300]BUT....[/glow]
[/quote]I think the bulldogs will have a better record than last year because they are better on both sides of the ball .WOS is also better than they were last year ..In saying that.Salenga look good Kemp ran well/// Sonnier was Sonnier played with more heart than most nice one shoe touchdown.  D-line did not look all that bad..Stampley needs to be in at LB I think he would help some on the outside containment. Corners need to learn if you get a flag it is bettr than a touchdown ,,safetys did ok ..Carson did not look bad ...[glow=red,2,300]But I sure thought I would see Trevin at QB[/glow]..But carson will be fine...Good luck Dogs
[/quote]SHHHHHHH! do not say that out loud!!!!!Carson will do great

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see absolutely nothing wrong with discussing what, we as fans see is wrong with our team and where the improvements need to be. No one has been bashed and it's what the board is for. I'm sure we don't have to worry about Neumann scanning the threads for ideas. If he does, then we are in big trouble.  :D What's wrong with saying the defense needs to tackle better, or the QB needs to throw downfield more? That's so tame it purrs.

Basebow, congrats on your kid playing for Neumann. It is an experience he will never forget.

Cograts to WOS. Your team looked very good Friday night.  No real surprises from Garrett, Roberts Lindsey and Thomas. Quite the foursome. I was, however, impressed with your OL. They have made great improvement from the team I saw play Vidor a week ago. I'm sure your staff will round up a kicker. You will need one in close games down the road.

As for the dogs: I wouldn't abandon ship just yet. As many have indicated this is a young team. I was surprised our defense performed as they did. However, we were without 2 starters and a 3rd was sick all week but did play. The D's strength will be on the DL. Without the X man at DT, and Stampley at LB we were surely compromised. I watched the D game film over and over last night. We have a lot of work to do with the LB's. Too many bad angles, missed tackles, can't get off a block etc. Personally, I would have brought a LB, DB or S across the line outside the tackles all night long. You know you are in trouble when the DL is making most of the tackles 5 - 10 yds down field. They will all get a lot better when they gel and start working as a unit.

The O was about what I expected. Raines is going to be a good one. I would like to see Raines roll out of the pocket some. He is dangerous on the move with his options.  The Dogs will be fine.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="833297" timestamp="1283019605"]
[quote author=mcdonajp link=topic=72002.msg833230#msg833230 date=1283015211]
WO-S had several big plays for TD's and plays that got them out of long yardage (3rd & 20+ yds) for 1st downs.  Had Nederland stopped them on some of these maybe the score would have been a little closer but the end result still the same.  I thought Raine's did pretty good considering very little practice time and his first start against such a good/quick defense.  He will continue to improve through the season and only get better over the next couple years.  Next couple years will be exciting to watch.
[/quote]

I only remember one 3rd and 20+ yard conversion.
[/quote]
I think we helped you out of another one with a silly penalty.

[quote name="bigdog" post="834321" timestamp="1283104438"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=72002.msg833297#msg833297 date=1283019605]
[quote author=mcdonajp link=topic=72002.msg833230#msg833230 date=1283015211]
WO-S had several big plays for TD's and plays that got them out of long yardage (3rd & 20+ yds) for 1st downs.  Had Nederland stopped them on some of these maybe the score would have been a little closer but the end result still the same.  I thought Raine's did pretty good considering very little practice time and his first start against such a good/quick defense.  He will continue to improve through the season and only get better over the next couple years.  Next couple years will be exciting to watch.
[/quote]

I only remember one 3rd and 20+ yard conversion.
[/quote]
I think we helped you out of another one with a silly penalty.

[/quote]

That is the one I'm talking about. The long pass play from Garrett to Thomas was a 3rd and 6.

[quote name="cooligan" post="834308" timestamp="1283102754"]
Cograts to WOS. Your team looked very good Friday night.  No real surprises from Garrett, Roberts Lindsey and Thomas. Quite the foursome. I was, however, impressed with your OL. They have made great improvement from the team I saw play Vidor a week ago. I'm sure your staff will round up a kicker. You will need one in close games down the road.

As for the dogs: I wouldn't abandon ship just yet. As many have indicated this is a young team. I was surprised our defense performed as they did. However, we were without 2 starters and a 3rd was sick all week but did play. The D's strength will be on the DL. Without the X man at DT, and Stampley at LB we were surely compromised. I watched the D game film over and over last night. We have a lot of work to do with the LB's. Too many bad angles, missed tackles, can't get off a block etc. Personally, I would have brought a LB, DB or S across the line outside the tackles all night long. You know you are in trouble when the DL is making most of the tackles 5 - 10 yds down field. They will all get a lot better when they gel and start working as a unit.

The O was about what I expected. Raines is going to be a good one. I would like to see Raines roll out of the pocket some. He is dangerous on the move with his options.  The Dogs will be fine.
[/quote]

Whats wrong with stampley

[quote name="w" post="834331" timestamp="1283105143"]
I wouldn't EVEN want to get started on penalties!!!!
[/quote]
Without really knowing what direction you were headed here I just want to point out that this is the Officials' pre-season too. Time for them to shake the dust off their rose colored glasses and all so if a ref makes a mistake now, cut them a little slack, they have rookies too.

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="834489" timestamp="1283119910"]
Dont need Rookies in big games like this.
[/quote]
LOL, they stick them with experienced officials and another official critiques them just like the teams do their players. Where you don't want a rookie that's learning is when district rolls around and the games really count.

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="834679" timestamp="1283135117"]
Nederland just needs to get away from the spread and with the big Linemen they have just line up and run it like they used to.
[/quote]

I'm with you Coop, waning for the old days. But your comment could be put to 99% of [b]all[/b] teams in the area.

Guest Brubaker
I talked with six who think Nederland has one of the best coaches around.  I think people have lost sight of the adversity/tough luck... call it what you want, but the cards haven't fallen the Dogs way for the last couple of years from an injury standpoint.  I can't call it what it's not.  Judging him and/or his staff based on the last two years would be cruel at best.  In my opinion, he has been resilient through this rough patch and has found a way to keep the ship upright.  I like that he's at least created the expecatations in people's mind where a season like the last two would have people upset... that's a good thing, and Neumann created that.  It's understandable to be frustrated, but don't lose perspective on the big picture. Just my thoughts.  

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="834691" timestamp="1283135669"]
[quote author=KFDM COOP link=topic=72002.msg834679#msg834679 date=1283135117]
Nederland just needs to get away from the spread and with the big Linemen they have just line up and run it like they used to.
[/quote]

I'm with you Coop, waning for the old days. But your comment could be put to 99% of [b]all[/b] teams in the area.
[/quote] True but if you dont have the size up front the Spread is the best way to go especially if you have speed. Nederland has the size up front.

Guest Brubaker
[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="834686" timestamp="1283135235"]
Coach does more with less than anyone in the area.
[/quote]

I would tend to disagree a little, I think he's got some great athletes coming through.  Expectations are high.  A couple of those sophomores he's starting have big time ability, as they mature over the next couple of years, I look for Nederland to be a regional force like the late 90's early 00's.

[quote name="Brubaker" post="834699" timestamp="1283135937"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=72002.msg834686#msg834686 date=1283135235]
[/quote]

I would tend to disagree a little, I think he's got some great athletes coming through.  Expectations are high.  A couple of those sophomores he's starting have big time ability, as they mature over the next couple of years, I look for Nederland to be a regional force like the late 90's early 00's.
[/quote]

Bru, i was speaking of the injury history. I agree, never seen so many 10th graders on the field for Nederland friday night.

[quote name="KFDM COOP" post="834697" timestamp="1283135844"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=72002.msg834691#msg834691 date=1283135669]
[quote author=KFDM COOP link=topic=72002.msg834679#msg834679 date=1283135117]
[/quote]

[/quote] True but if you dont have the size up front the Spread is the best way to go especially if you have speed. Nederland has the size up front.
[/quote]

Coop, WOS has some size on their offensive line this year. what do you think of the Stangs lining up and playing smash ball ?

Guest Brubaker
[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="834702" timestamp="1283136158"]
[quote author=Brubaker link=topic=72002.msg834699#msg834699 date=1283135937]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=72002.msg834686#msg834686 date=1283135235]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Bru, i was speaking of the injury history. I agree, never seen so many 10th graders on the field for Nederland friday night.
[/quote]

Gotcha, he's definitely led his team through some rough times.  He makes no excuses and is always scrappin to find a way to win.  What he did with that team last year says a lot about the kids he has in his program.  I think folks will be in for a surprise once the breaks go his way for any period of time.  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont