Santa Fe at Barbers Hill/Santa Fe wins 35-7

got to give gage a chance.  one game will not make a season and his plan has only just begun.  he did not win in the past by being lucky.  he is a hall of fame coach who knows what he is doing and much more than his critics.  it may take a year or two for him to bring bh to championship material.

[quote name="sfajack07" post="832739" timestamp="1282967460"]
Well I guess the tunnel did not work.  Maybe if they add some smoke next week that will do the trick.

axe em jacks
[/quote]

Nope they had smoke this week ;D

Guest GCMPats
Maybe ya'll got too dizzy from those vertical stripes on your new uniforms. WTH is that about!

Reminds me of some of those dog ugly throw back NFL uniforms. Did the School Board approve that purchase?

peolple in BH need to realize that the Patton's, fisher, sexton, cook, Daniels, as well as many other GREAT, not good, players are gone. whether it is ronnie gage or don price BH they are not going to win every game. That is ok. have a winning season, make the playoffs, have the kids act right, and call it a successful year.

people get side tracked with hooping and hollering aka. INTENSITY, tunnels and whatever else.

Bottom line is did the kids play hard and with class!!!!

Best of luck BH, this is just my opinion.

[quote name="BHFAN" post="832782" timestamp="1282968513"]
[quote author=sfajack07 link=topic=71999.msg832739#msg832739 date=1282967460]
Well I guess the tunnel did not work.  Maybe if they add some smoke next week that will do the trick.

axe em jacks
[/quote]

Nope they had smoke this week ;D
[/quote]

Coach Price said he would rather spend money on a football helmet than a tunnel. 

I heard the helmets looked cheap and did not have any decals.  I heard that gage went to Schutt helmets.  In my opinion that is the worst helmet on the market.  The Revo is the safest helmet on the market in my opinion.  Sure they may cost a little more but looking at it from an athletic trainer prospective it is well worth it.

axe em jacks

[quote name="GCMPats" post="832941" timestamp="1282973081"]
Maybe ya'll got too dizzy from those vertical stripes on your new uniforms. WTH is that about!

Reminds me of some of those dog ugly throw back NFL uniforms. Did the School Board approve that purchase?
[/quote]

Not sure who approved them or how it went down, but they are clearly an almost exact throwback replica of the BH uniforms of the 1950's.  I think there is some kind of "get back to basics" move going on.  I'm good with that as long as it doesn't take all season! ha.

BTW...Santa Fe was actually pretty darn good.  Very few mistakes.  Tough defensive line.  Very good tailback and a patient, accurate QB.  Good luck to them.

Guest GCMPats
[quote name="HillGuy" post="833176" timestamp="1283011570"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=71999.msg832941#msg832941 date=1282973081]

[/quote]

Not sure who approved them or how it went down, but they are clearly an almost exact throwback replica of the BH uniforms of the 1950's.  I think there is some kind of "get back to basics" move going on.  I'm good with that as long as it doesn't take all season! ha.

BTW...Santa Fe was actually pretty darn good.  Very few mistakes.  Tough defensive line.  Very good tailback and a patient, accurate QB.  Good luck to them.
[/quote]

I would "throw out" the "throw backs". BH has a ton of young talent. Remember the past, but live in the present.

We had smoke.........we had a tunnel........we even had a real pig-skin football.  Problem is when the smoke cleared we got our arses whipped.  I'll call it now, no matter how well we block that running game will never work.  Yes, I agree the uniforms suck! 

Now to the more positive, yes there is some, Coaches cant deny they found the better QB during the 4th quarter.  Would be nice to see him behind center when the next smoke cloud clears.  I'll leave out names, but here you go:

1st string QB: 1 for 7 completed - 4 interception.  Passing yards 14.29. Played 3-1/2 quarters
2nd String: Played less than a full quarter. 5 of 6 completed for 45 yards, 0 interceptions. He's got ability!

Hey there Mr. Hamilton........see you at a game soon.  I'll keep poking fun at the serious people on here.... ;D ;D

Guest jhamilton
Why could you not brought some of that humor on this post? Yea BH will be fine and pullllllllllllllease beat Lumberton bc cant handle more of the gigerish. Help out Stranger bc kid has some road rage issues and hate to see him go off.

[quote name="jhamilton" post="833260" timestamp="1283017316"]
Why could you not brought some of that humor on this post? Yea BH will be fine and pullllllllllllllease beat Lumberton bc cant handle more of the gigerish. Help out Stranger bc kid has some road rage issues and hate to see him go off.
[/quote]
In this famous line from Family Guy............GIGETY GIGETY GIG.  ::) ;D

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="833266" timestamp="1283017641"]
[quote author=jhamilton link=topic=71999.msg833260#msg833260 date=1283017316]
[/quote]
In this famous line from Family Guy............GIGETY GIGETY GIG.  ::) ;D
[/quote]

;D

[quote name="eagle65" post="834768" timestamp="1283141458"]
as far as the 2nd team qb,  how many starters did santa fe have in the game in the 4th quarter
[/quote]

Does it really matter?  1 of 7 with 4 interceptions.  Could have been worse.  He's going to be good, he's just not ready now, at this level. Lacks speed, quickness, and composure.  Don't get me wrong, I am a C.T. fan, however Denny is clearly better as of game two and should be given the chance to start.      

Guest jhamilton
[quote name="bh89-2" post="834827" timestamp="1283168957"]
[quote author=eagle65 link=topic=71999.msg834768#msg834768 date=1283141458]
as far as the 2nd team qb,  how many starters did santa fe have in the game in the 4th quarter
[/quote]

Does it really matter?  1 of 7 with 4 interceptions.  Could have been worse.  He's going to be good, he's just not ready now, at this level. Lacks speed, quickness, and composure.  Don't get me wrong, I am a C.T. fan, however Denny is clearly better as of game two and should be given the chance to start.      
[/quote]

Miss me?  8)

[quote name="BHFAN" post="832545" timestamp="1282964343"]
Just back from the game. Not much to say here they scored a lot and we scored a little ;D Not a lot of positives to pull from this game BH has a long way to go, but they will get there!!! See what we can do against Lumberton next week. Hope #11 for BH is ok he went down during the opening kickoff and they splinted his leg. I hope its not a knee injury goodluck to him as well.
[/quote]
Guess I gotta disagree with ya about the positives from this game.  Yes the offense needs a lot of work and the defense needs a lot as well.  The score doesn't reflect the "POSITIVES" I saw during this game.  What I saw was every kid playing their tales off until the last second ticked off the clock.  Not one got down or looked to have given up.  I saw coaches, coaching on the sidline without berating anyone.  Only "POSITIVE", instruction and encouragement.  I know that didn't translate into a "W" on Friday but I believe it will go a long way during the rest of the season.  We will get better as the year goes along.

[quote name="steele curtain" post="835788" timestamp="1283279661"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=71999.msg832545#msg832545 date=1282964343]
Just back from the game. Not much to say here they scored a lot and we scored a little ;D Not a lot of positives to pull from this game BH has a long way to go, but they will get there!!! See what we can do against Lumberton next week. Hope #11 for BH is ok he went down during the opening kickoff and they splinted his leg. I hope its not a knee injury goodluck to him as well.
[/quote]
Guess I gotta disagree with ya about the positives from this game.  Yes the offense needs a lot of work and the defense needs a lot as well.  The score doesn't reflect the "POSITIVES" I saw during this game.  What I saw was every kid playing their tales off until the last second ticked off the clock.  Not one got down or looked to have given up.  I saw coaches, coaching on the sidline without berating anyone.  Only "POSITIVE", instruction and encouragement.  I know that didn't translate into a "W" on Friday but I believe it will go a long way during the rest of the season.  We will get better as the year goes along.
[/quote]

Couldnt agree with you more SC.  Positive instruction will go along way with these young men. GO EAGLES!

[quote name="steele curtain" post="835788" timestamp="1283279661"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=71999.msg832545#msg832545 date=1282964343]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I agree.  Been a while since we had a head coach that got in the middle of the action and wasn't picking grass on the 20-yard line (litterally). Don't like the running game because it is way to easy to defend, however it's game 1 and maybe we can get the passing game going to open the run up. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami