***COMING WEDNESDAY NIGHT: SETXSPORTS.COM PRESEASON FOOTBALL RANKINGS!!!!***

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="826621" timestamp="1282096232"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=71692.msg826607#msg826607 date=1282094908]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=71692.msg826388#msg826388 date=1282066093]
Rey, WOSGrad said in his first post on the topic that 3A - 5A will be grouped together with a top 15 instead of 10. So yes 3A will be involved.
[/quote]
OHHHH.....since there is 5 slots open for 3A....you know where they will go....11-15...seriously, which 3 a team can compete with our local 4A programs?.....lol....here it comes..........go ahead......I think everyone knows...
[/quote]

Let me guess...  "Kirbyville?"  ::)  :D
[/quote]

ding-ding ding-ding..we have a winner!!! :o

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="hatethatpurple!" post="826664" timestamp="1282104010"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=71692.msg826630#msg826630 date=1282099110]
thats it!! I give I'm going to become a Nederland or PNG fan!!!!  lol
[/quote]

You can become an LCM fan if you want  ;D
[/quote]

I live in Groves so I just picked the closest ones I can think of.  This is the second year my kids have gone to PNG now and my wife has already bought the dreaded purple and white cheerleader suits so I guess my choice has already been made. LOL   Last year they wore their Kirbyville Cheer suites to school  ;D ;D    is that wrong??  LOL

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="826736" timestamp="1282139750"]
Come on ryker, "Dreaded" purple and white? I've always thought those were beautiful colors! lol :D
[/quote]

sorry champ!!  not that purple and white the other purple and white!

2A-1A & Private Schools

2A
1. Newton (until someone knocks them off)huac
2. Anahuac
3. East Chambers
4. Buna
? Will this new poll include the teams that are in Deweyville's new district which could change some positions. The division 1 and division 2 districts will make polls even more difficult this year.

1A
1. Evadale
2. Colmesneil
3. Hull-Daisetta
4. High Island
5. West Sabine
Again the division 1 & 2 will make this somewhat more difficult even though several games will be played between D1 and D2 team in the area, also what about Lovelady will they be included?

Private Schools
1. Kelly (I wonder if they will ever jump to the UIL like other successful TAPS schools have done? They are also large enough to be considered with the 5A-3A schools so where will the actually go?)
Not sure about other schools where they should be on the list?

Know the poll will be Top 15 in the combined, just wanted to know about a few things and how they will be handled.

Guest rykerx144
never said hated the purple I said dreaded the purple!  and no not that purple team either lol.  too many dang purple teams around here!  But if you think about it, purple and white, Dayton, PNG, and Newton!!  I think id change my color to purple there might be something to that!  They are all very successful teams!

If Dayton would do it they could go to the throw back colors the Colbert Tigers had purple/yellow like LSU.Colbert High was the school before integration to 1st  represent Dayton in a state title game so I think it would be cool if they'd put some yellow on the uniform.I can't find any history recorded on fb websites on Colbert High but you should have been @ just 1 game when they played the Liberty Lions.That was a heck of a game and don't even get me started on how good the Tiger band was.They were 1 of the better sm.school bands I ever saw back in the mid 60's.

[quote name="rykerx144" post="826847" timestamp="1282150724"]
never said hated the purple I said dreaded the purple!  and no not that purple team either lol.   too many dang purple teams around here!  But if you think about it, purple and white, Dayton, PNG, and Newton!!  I think id change my color to purple there might be something to that!  They are all very successful teams!
[/quote]

Amen...  In the playoffs, it seemed like we played a purple team every week! 3/6 were purple anyways and they were all in a row. :o

[quote name="hatethatpurple!" post="826664" timestamp="1282104010"]
thats it!! I give I'm going to become a Nederland or PNG fan!!!!  lol
[/quote]

You can become an LCM fan if you want  ;D
[/quote]

He doesn't want to look like a Mardi Gras float with all the Green and Gold.

[quote name="bh89-2" post="826372" timestamp="1282063834"]
Frazier and Reyes, BH and Crosby will work our way up that list from wherever you want to put us.  Lower the better. 

Bounce on over on 19-4A thread and take up the bet if your so confident.    ;) ;) ;)  ;D 
[/quote]
First ya gotta sqeeze by the train to make it up this list. :o ;D

[quote name="PNGFan" post="826864" timestamp="1282153359"]
[quote author=hatethatpurple! link=topic=71692.msg826664#msg826664 date=1282104010]
thats it!! I give I'm going to become a Nederland or PNG fan!!!!  lol
[/quote]

You can become an LCM fan if you want  ;D
[/quote]

He doesn't want to look like a Mardi Gras float with all the Green and Gold.
[/quote]

Lol...  Green is a great color!

Guest octfeb
[quote name="liltex" post="826857" timestamp="1282152215"]
If Dayton would do it they could go to the throw back colors the Colbert Tigers had purple/yellow like LSU.Colbert High was the school before integration to 1st  represent Dayton in a state title game so I think it would be cool if they'd put some yellow on the uniform.I can't find any history recorded on fb websites on Colbert High but you should have been @ just 1 game when they played the Liberty Lions.That was a heck of a game and don't even get me started on how good the Tiger band was.They were 1 of the better sm.school bands I ever saw back in the mid 60's.
[/quote]Heres an article that was in Texas Monthly when the Purple and Gold Colbert Tigers became the Purple and White Dayton Broncos

http://books.google.com/books?id=7y0EAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA88&lpg=PA88&dq=Colbert+High+School+Tigers+Dayton+Texas&source=bl&ots=gGiSsWI8Uv&sig=4a1aelCKvYBQqDP3_GSwPj7cUxc&hl=en&ei=FC9sTLG2A4H_8AbZ3dWnCw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&ved=0CCEQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q&f=false

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="826793" timestamp="1282148027"]
2A-1A & Private Schools

2A
1. Newton (until someone knocks them off)huac  -[glow=red,2,300]hope it happens, but understand the logic[/glow]
2. Anahuac
3. East Chambers
4. Corrigan-Camden
5. Buna

1A
1. Evadale
2. Colmesneil
3. Hull-Daisetta
4. High Island
5. West Sabine
Again the division 1 & 2 will make this somewhat more difficult even though several games will be played between D1 and D2 team in the area, also what about Lovelady will they be included?

Private Schools
1. Kelly (I wonder if they will ever jump to the UIL like other successful TAPS schools have done? They are also large enough to be considered with the 5A-3A schools so where will the actually go?)
Not sure about other schools where they should be on the list?

Know the poll will be Top 15 in the combined, just wanted to know about a few things and how they will be handled.
[/quote]

[quote name="rykerx144" post="826847" timestamp="1282150724"]
never said hated the purple I said dreaded the purple!  and no not that purple team either lol.   too many dang purple teams around here!  But if you think about it, purple and white, Dayton, PNG, and Newton!!  I think id change my color to purple there might be something to that!  They are all very successful teams!
[/quote]
Now ryker your beginning to come around! Another few years and you'll be over that ol black and red bug! lol ;D