17-18 yr old Sr. Baberuth Allstar team Updates from Eagle Pass 7/23 - 7/27

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote author=Big Stick link=topic=71113.msg821109#msg821109 date=1280261438]
How can 2 players make 10 errors combined in a tournament (yes 10) and not come out of the game? Please do not use the "disgruntled parent because my kid is not playing excuse". My son has been getting some playing time.LOL. GO BULLDOGS!
[/quote
Big Stick i am sure glad someone besides myself doesnt understand it either. Thanks my other topic wasnt about my kid not playin it was about kids facing consquences for their actions glad you saw that too.

And as for as ur ? about the 2 players and the 10 errors they were told before we ever played state by one of the coaches that they would never come off the field. 

I do not understand why we carry 18 kids on the team because the way I see it the one that quit thinks he should never come off the field and is the best. And he must be in the coaches eyes too because he sure didnt come out of a sigle game after he quit and they let him come back

And to silly365 before you make a comment  i do know more about the situation than i have put on here.

Next thing is we were out eatin when we were approached by a coach from a team we played he was just puzzled at the fact one of our coaches let a player tell him not to tell him what do and did not do a thing about it.  Then the coach told another player to move up five steps if he wanted to. Comeon  if your the coach then take control of your players

[quote name="Big Stick" post="821109" timestamp="1280261438"]
How can 2 players make 10 errors combined in a tournament (yes 10) and not come out of the game? Please do not use the "disgruntled parent because my kid is not playing excuse". My son has been getting some playing time.LOL. GO BULLDOGS!
[/quote
Big Stick i am sure glad someone besides myself doesnt understand it either. Thanks my other topic wasnt about my kid not playin it was about kids facing consquences for their actions glad you saw that too.

And as for as ur ? about the 2 players and the 10 errors they were told before we ever played state by one of the coaches that they would never come off the field.  

I do not understand why we carry 18 kids on the team because [b]the way I see it the one that quit thinks he should never come off the field and is the best. And he must be in the coaches eyes too because he sure didnt come out of a sigle game after he quit and they let him come back [/b]
And to silly365 before you make a comment  i do know more about the situation than i have put on here.

Next thing is we were out eatin when we were approached by a coach from a team we played he was just puzzled at the fact one of our coaches let a player tell him not to tell him what do and did not do a thing about it.  Then the coach told another player to move up five steps if he wanted to. Comeon  if your the coach then take control of your players

[/quote]

Not justifying what the kid did, but in the 4 games after the incident, here are his offensive stats.

3-4    2 run HR
2-4    3 run HR
2-3    1 rbi
3-4    1 rbi

10-15    .666 avg with 2 HR's and 7 rbi's in 4 games.  I would say his bat justified him being on the field

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="821494" timestamp="1280342955"]
[quote author=Big Stick link=topic=71113.msg821109#msg821109 date=1280261438]
[/quote

I do not understand why we carry 18 kids on the team because [b]the way I see it the one that quit thinks he should never come off the field and is the best. And he must be in the coaches eyes too because he sure didnt come out of a sigle game after he quit and they let him come back [/b]
And to silly365 before you make a comment  i do know more about the situation than i have put on here.

Next thing is we were out eatin when we were approached by a coach from a team we played he was just puzzled at the fact one of our coaches let a player tell him not to tell him what do and did not do a thing about it.  Then the coach told another player to move up five steps if he wanted to. Comeon  if your the coach then take control of your players

[/quote]

Not justifying what the kid did, but in the 4 games after the incident, here are his offensive stats.

3-4    2 run HR
2-4    3 run HR
2-3    1 rbi
3-4    1 rbi

10-15    .666 avg with 2 HR's and 7 rbi's in 4 games.  I would say his bat justified him being on the field
[/quote]
It shouldn't matter even if he was A-Rod...a kid threatens to quit because he doesn't want to come out and let another deserving player play should have been sent packing.  The coach is clearly letting this kid rule the roost and put himself above THE TEAM. Good message here coach. Wait until he does this in college ball.

The tournament is over and done with, so the only thing you accomplish is venting your frustration.  There's never total agreement on decisions that are made but the manager has the right.  There are two different philosophies on issues such as these:
1.)  The Manager manages the team and leaves parenting to the parent.  Meaning he does what he thinks will get the team to the next game period and tells the parent to deal with the problem and attitude. 
or 2.)  The coach potentially sacrifices a win for the team to make a point with one player and takes it out of the parents hands.

Either one is right in my book.  It is easier for me to make the decision as a parent than if I were coaching. 

Please, let this go and applaud the players who were about the team, hope the player learns he is not the center of the universe before he screws up a scholarship, and respect the time and effort the coaches put into the team.  They were put in a no win situation in which some will agree with their decision and others won't. 

1) I have the right to voice my opinion on here as well as anyone. Nhs83lu87 I have seen you voice your opinion on here multiple times and believe me i know you well enough to know if you were in our shoes u would be voicing ur opinion.
2) They were not in a no win situation he quit let him pack his stuff and go.
3) I am not taking away from any of the other kids on the team they did a great job.
4) And i would like to say Thanks to the ones on the team that are team players and stood behind your team even though you werent getting      to play. Shows alot of class and sportsmanship.
5) if given the chance some of the players on the bench's stats may have been better than the player  that quit but we will never know because they werent given the chance.
6) But the coach pretty much made it clear by his comments in the Beaumont Enterprise before we left for the tournament that he 12 had players on the team that he could go and  win  with well doesnt look like that was the case. if can you  go and win with the 12 why put 18 on the team.

Great job to 16 of the guys on the team that were team players .

3-4    2 run HR
2-4    3 run HR
2-3    1 rbi
3-4    1 rbi

10-15    .666 avg with 2 HR's and 7 rbi's in 4 games.  I would say his bat justified him being on the field   

Great stats very impressive after the incident, BUT prior to the incident he was 1 for 20 for the 2 tournaments.Any other kid on the team wouldn't have 40 ab to get out of the slump. Noone is saying he shouldn't came back, but with some form of punishment, why reward a player for bad behavior, when you have other players  capable of filling his position. Nothing personal to the kid, wish him best of luck in college career, should have been handled differently, to set good example for the other players..

[quote name="NHS83LU87" post="821526" timestamp="1280349391"]
The tournament is over and done with, so the only thing you accomplish is venting your frustration.  There's never total agreement on decisions that are made but the manager has the right.  There are two different philosophies on issues such as these:
1.)  The Manager manages the team and leaves parenting to the parent.  Meaning he does what he thinks will get the team to the next game period and tells the parent to deal with the problem and attitude.  
or 2.)  The coach potentially sacrifices a win for the team to make a point with one player and takes it out of the parents hands.

Either one is right in my book.  It is easier for me to make the decision as a parent than if I were coaching.  

Please, let this go and applaud the players who were about the team, hope the player learns he is not the center of the universe before he screws up a scholarship, and respect the time and effort the coaches put into the team.  They were put in a no win situation in which some will agree with their decision and others won't.  
[/quote]
Sorry but I have to disagree with you about ignoring this behavior and trusting the parents to handle it. As a Manager he should handle this immediately. It is only fair to the other members on the team. What kind of message is this Manager sending to this player and the other players who are playing as a "TEAM". What would have happened if the 6 kids on the bench decided to walk off during the tournament? Would they have gotten to play every inning of every game after doing that?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline