Fan falls from second deck at rangers game

A male fan, who fell from the second deck to the field level seats while leaning to catch a foul ball hit during Tuesday's game at Rangers Ballpark, was stabilized, responsive and moving his extremities as he was taken to John Peter Smith hospital in Fort Worth.

Texas Rangers officials didn't know the name of the fan, who was described as a middle-aged, white male. The man fell from the club level, hit the railing on the suite level and landed in the lower deck down the first base line. The drop is about 30 feet.

Four other fans were injured, but were being treated by paramedics at the stadium.

The fan fell after Nelson Cruz hit a foul ball down the right field line in the bottom of the fifth with the Rangers leading the Cleveland Indians 3-1. The man attempted to catch the ball and tumbled over the railing.

The event left the ballpark silent and play was suspended for 16 minutes as the field was cleared. Several players were bowing their heads and appeared to be praying while others watched intently as paramedics were attending to the fan. He was taken off by a stretcher.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="piratefan" post="816515" timestamp="1278477673"]
I was there..I saw him fall..very scary. I was about 40-50 feet from it. it was like the guy was a rag doll or something...youtube it and you can see the players and umpires reaction
[/quote]

I was there too. It was something you never want to see. The guy was a 25 year old fireman.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder