Orange Crush 12u Team Forming

[quote name="lancelot" post="814357" timestamp="1277345246"]
New Orange Crush 12u team forming.  [u][b]Tryouts will be held on July 17th and 18th from 2-4pm [/b] [/u] at the Orange Crush fields.  Looking for talented players with a birthday in '99.  Contact Jerry Metts at 409-499-3169
[/quote]

BEFORE nationals :-\

[quote name="Tigers9" post="816361" timestamp="1278421152"]
[quote author=lancelot link=topic=70684.msg814357#msg814357 date=1277345246]
New Orange Crush 12u team forming.  [u][b]Tryouts will be held on July 17th and 18th from 2-4pm [/b] [/u] at the Orange Crush fields.  Looking for talented players with a birthday in '99.  Contact Jerry Metts at 409-499-3169
[/quote]

[/quote]

How many local 10U's are going to nationals? Zero!

[quote name="badndn" post="816368" timestamp="1278422864"]
[quote author=Tigers9 link=topic=70684.msg816361#msg816361 date=1278421152]
[/quote]

[/quote]

How many local 10U's are going to nationals? Zero!

[/quote]

Ahhhhh.....might want to "fact" check that! Besides, that's not really THE point!

[quote name="tpriddy" post="816398" timestamp="1278428719"]
There will be at least two teams in Panama City Beach playing in the USFA World Series that are mostly 99 birthdays at that time.
[/quote]

really....2.....zero.....hum....wonder which it is? ::)

[quote name="tpriddy" post="816398" timestamp="1278428719"]
There will be at least two teams in Panama City Beach playing in the USFA World Series that are mostly 99 birthdays at that time.
[/quote]
1st...Panama City is not Nationals...Anyone can play in that tournament. All you have to do is pay and play in a state tournament.  Nationals is ASA or IFA, where you have to qualify by placing in state or regional tournaments (we are going to PCB this year).

And yes I was well aware that OOC and GT Shockers are going to PCB next week. Hope they have a great time. Should be fun. We can't wait for the week after when we will be there.

2nd...The 10U World Series is next week.

USFA requires teams to play in a state qualifier or NIT and attend the state tournament to qualify for the national tournament in Florida. Teams may also qualify for the national tournament by winning a NIT, if a team wins one it does not have to play the state.
IFA offers bids to their nationals based on the number of teams in their qualifiers. Teams can also qualify with participation points (9 are required) by simply playing in enough IFA tournaments to achieve the 9 points. There is no requirment to place in a state or regional tournament.
ASA is the only organization that has a strict qualifing procedure via state or regional tournaments.
I believe this creates a niche for USFA and IFA because the ASA national tournaments are so hard to qualify for.
Don't take me to task, Tigers9, about the level of play. I fully understand that, but it doesn't diminish the fact that these other organizations have a lot of participation.

Tryouts!!!  This issue comes up every year. I think it is a ASA thing, but I have to wonder how much it is enforced.  Eteamz is flooded with tryouts that are going on now. Also I see teams that are going to a national tournament that are advertising for players. Some of these teams are Gold teams, including one of the Houston Power teams that is looking for 2 pitchers.
So what is a tryout?  Will these teams take these players across the country without taking a look at them?  Is that a tryout?  Need some clarification on this rule.

[quote name="legend" post="816481" timestamp="1278462453"]
USFA requires teams to play in a state qualifier or NIT and attend the state tournament to qualify for the national tournament in Florida. Teams may also qualify for the national tournament by winning a NIT, if a team wins one it does not have to play the state.
IFA offers bids to their nationals based on the number of teams in their qualifiers. Teams can also qualify with participation points (9 are required) by simply playing in enough IFA tournaments to achieve the 9 points. There is no requirment to place in a state or regional tournament.
ASA is the only organization that has a strict qualifing procedure via state or regional tournaments.
I believe this creates a niche for USFA and IFA because the ASA national tournaments are so hard to qualify for.
Don't take me to task, Tigers9, about the level of play. I fully understand that, but it doesn't diminish the fact that these other organizations have a lot of participation.

Tryouts!!!  This issue comes up every year. I think it is a ASA thing, but I have to wonder how much it is enforced.  Eteamz is flooded with tryouts that are going on now. Also I see teams that are going to a national tournament that are advertising for players. Some of these teams are Gold teams, including one of the Houston Power teams that is looking for 2 pitchers.
So what is a tryout?  Will these teams take these players across the country without taking a look at them?  Is that a tryout?  Need some clarification on this rule.
[/quote]

The tryout date thing is NOT a writen rule (except ASA Houston Metro) it is an ethic thing, to try to keep fairness to all teams in holding tryouts.

up to 3 Pick-up players are allowed in ASA only after the following criteria have been met.

1- Both team are registered and participated in at least one ASA Quailifier
2- The team in which players are being taken from either
  a) have officially stopped their efforts for a bid to Nationals (in this case a team can pick their players up at this time)
  b) have completed all ASA qualifiers and did not qualify ( a team can pick their players up for nationals only)

The players being picked up do not have to get released from their team, once their team fails to participate in the next round of qualifier, or completes all attempts, the players are automatically released from the ASA roster, making them eligible to become pick-up players.

However, the team that is picking up players and the player being pick-up must be from the same system, State or Metro.

On another note, if an affiliation has a week long championship, it is considered to be "Nationals" regardless of what they actually call it, to argue anything else would be splitting hairs. The point remains the same.......teams should wait til after "nationals" OR "World Series" OR whatever they are called to host tryouts.....however, the worst thing that can happen to a team if they choose not to honor this is.....you jump the gun to get a head start to "get the best players"....and then take in on the chin from a team that get the left overs!!!

If the other two local 10U teams are going to be in PCB for the WS that weekend, then none of their players will be trying out for this team. So it's a dead issue.

I agree it is splitting hairs, but in the softball world PCB is not considered Nationals. Until you play against the California teams you haven't played in a National Championship. USFA is more of a Southeastern thing.

[quote name="badndn" post="816546" timestamp="1278510881"]
If the other two local 10U teams are going to be in PCB for the WS that weekend, then none of their players will be trying out for this team. So it's a dead issue.

I agree it is splitting hairs, but in the softball world PCB is not considered Nationals. Until you play against the California teams you haven't played in a National Championship. USFA is more of a Southeastern thing.
[/quote]

It could actually be THE issue. What if some of them would like to?

"In softball world" Not sure what that means I guess. There are players in this area that would probably disagree being you just took a "National Championship" away from them.

We played and beat California teams in the Colorado Fireworks 2 years in a row, in fact, we have never lost to a California team.......what does that mean? NOTHING except we played in a tournament in CO and won some games. BUT it wasnt a National Tournament...........

[quote name="Tigers9" post="816631" timestamp="1278535699"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=70684.msg816546#msg816546 date=1278510881]

[/quote]

"In softball world" Not sure what that means I guess. There are players in this area that would probably disagree being you just took a "National Championship" away from them.

We played and beat California teams in the Colorado Fireworks 2 years in a row, in fact, we have never lost to a California team.......what does that mean? NOTHING except we played in a tournament in CO and won some games. BUT it wasnt a National Tournament...........
[/quote]
Would you agree that to be the best you should have to beat the best?

[quote name="badndn" post="816639" timestamp="1278537324"]
[quote author=Tigers9 link=topic=70684.msg816631#msg816631 date=1278535699]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=70684.msg816546#msg816546 date=1278510881]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Would you agree that to be the best you should have to beat the best?
[/quote]

Yes, we can agree on that. but that wasnt the point you were making.......it would have been better said, no team from the GT is going to ASA Nationals.

Thats why Houston tourn, ASA qualifiers, and OK, and CO tournaments are the best place to play in our region.........not Bmt and West Lake.......but that is a whole DIFFERENT subject.

[quote name="Tigers9" post="816666" timestamp="1278549121"]
Yes, we can agree on that. but that wasnt the point you were making.......it would have been better said, no team from the GT is going to ASA Nationals.

[b]Thats why Houston tourn, ASA qualifiers, and OK, and CO tournaments are the best place to play in our region.........not Bmt and West Lake.......but that is a whole DIFFERENT subject.[/b]
[/quote]

Now this we can agree upon 100%!

[quote name="Tigers9" post="816361" timestamp="1278421152"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think to sum this all up, when you get ready to have your tryouts for the fall, just ck with Tigers9 first to be sure it is the proper time to do so.

[quote name="Homer" post="816949" timestamp="1278656880"]
[quote author=Tigers9 link=topic=70684.msg816361#msg816361 date=1278421152]
New Orange Crush 12u team forming.  [u][b]Tryouts will be held on July 17th and 18th from 2-4pm [/b] [/u] at the Orange Crush fields.  Looking for talented players with a birthday in '99.  Contact Jerry Metts at 409-499-3169
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think to sum this all up, when you get ready to have your tryouts for the fall, just ck with Tigers9 first to be sure it is the proper time to do so.
[/quote]

either ignorant, or a short selective memory, not sure which it is. Hoever, maybe it's more a matter of living by the same rules that Orange Crush has set. WE (GT Shockers) got hammered for just mentioning a new team (before Nationals), our tryout date was after Nationals.....maybe you should know a little more about what you are talking about before you call me out........I hate people who spew smart a$$ things without knowledge to back it! ::) but then again.....whats new?

ROFLMAO......AT you!

edited for the unimformed: by Craig Soignet

PS..if anyone wants to rehatch the events im referiing to, please let me know. I'll be more than glad to catch you up. Besides, who might the unimformed OC trooper that chooses to call me out in a public forum, WITHOUT knowledge? Please dont be shy, let us all know who you are oh ignorant one!

Whoa, my bad, didnt know it was going to be such a touchy subject.  Just having a little fun and messing with ya a little bit.  So that makes me ignorant ??? ???Guess i will stick to giving cheater a hard time every once in a while.

[quote name="Homer" post="816959" timestamp="1278680181"]
Whoa, my bad, didnt know it was going to be such a touchy subject.  Just having a little fun and messing with ya a little bit.  So that makes me ignorant ??? ???Guess i will stick to giving cheater a hard time every once in a while.
[/quote]

Ignorant only means uninformed, so yes, if you are uninformed of a topic, you would be ignorant of it. Not to be confused with being stupid, or an idiot, etc. I did not say that.

and YES, it is a very touchy subject, due to the TRASHING we took as an organization for merely announcing the begining of a new Gold team.....it was rediculously brutal.....however, I really dont care either when a tryout takes place......it was more of a poke back at OC for allowing the very thing we we lambasted for.

and yes, Cheater would be a MUCH easier target, its like fighting a one legged, one arm man, easy, but you wouldnt get much credit for it. But it's not his fault he is a product of his environment! ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder