Jasper vs Bridge City (2 out of 3 set) Predictions

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one game playoff- Goes to Jasper...Two great pitchers-Hicks and Sowell--comes down to bats and I think Jasper has the edge.

3 Game playoff  2 of 3 for Jasper (ok Im a Homer)  which game is won by BC is dependent on how the coaches decide to use their pitchers...MPO is Jasper has a deeper pitching staff,  and thats what will make the difference in a 3 game outing...

Cannot wait to see when and where and how many they will play.

I am not sure about the Little league being great, but they are pretty good and some new people were in control this year. Sometimes change is good and sometimes not. A good little league is essential to consistent high school programs, so I hope the people involved keep the focus on the kids and teaching them baseball instead of which adults are doing what!

[quote name="ShlyKBMT" post="804783" timestamp="1274586946"]
It probably won't be Lamar. Cards are in the SLC tournament so none of the coaches will be able to stay in town for the games.
[/quote]

I keep hearing that excuse.  Nederland played at Rice last year when they were in the Super Regional at LSU.  Redshirts took care of the field, which at Lamar would involve raking a little small area on the mound.

Lamar would be the ideal place to have these games.  Hopefully someone can figure out a way to make it happen. 

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="804786" timestamp="1274587449"]
[quote author=ShlyKBMT link=topic=69950.msg804783#msg804783 date=1274586946]
It probably won't be Lamar. Cards are in the SLC tournament so none of the coaches will be able to stay in town for the games.
[/quote]

I keep hearing that excuse.  [b]Nederland played at Rice last year when they were in the Super Regional at LSU.[/b]  Redshirts took care of the field, which at Lamar would involve raking a little small area on the mound.

Lamar would be the ideal place to have these games.  Hopefully someone can figure out a way to make it happen. 
[/quote]
I heard it was Gilligan that doesn't like to have teams play there when no coaches are in town.  Its not a rule for everyone.  Every coach is different I guess.

Guest Burkeville Chronicle
Wherever this game is played it has all of the markings of being an absolute classic! At this stage of the playoffs, with these two local teams and their history, not to mention the game or series should be played in the area meaning many, many rabid fans, it just does not get any better!!

How about a type of home and away with Nederland and Woodville as the fields. The travel inconviences will be about the same on this graduation ( Jasper ) weekend for both teams/fans. Both fields have covered stands with ample room for stand up visibility outside of the seating areas. Flip a coin on which location is first and a double header to finish on Saturday. One of the teams will play another big weekend so field prices could come into effect as the road to Austin continues.

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="804827" timestamp="1274622185"]
I know Jasper has played post season in prior years at Nederland, might be partial but it's a great place for playoff baseball.

[/quote]

Nederland doesn't have the room to seat the fans Jasper and BC bring. Not a fun atmosphere at all when your crammed in the bleachers. JMO

[quote name="Jeff Stringer" post="804865" timestamp="1274632083"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=69950.msg804827#msg804827 date=1274622185]
I know Jasper has played post season in prior years at Nederland, might be partial but it's a great place for playoff baseball.

[/quote]

Nederland doesn't have the room to seat the fans Jasper and BC bring. Not a fun atmosphere at all when your crammed in the bleachers. JMO
[/quote]

I have to agree with Stringer. The last BC-Jasper play-off game in Nederland was not fan friendly. Not nearly enough room around the stands or down the fences. It was about 10 deep down the 3rd base side where BC fans were. It will be packed and it will be loud. I wonder if they have checked Minute Maid. Might draw a bigger crowd than the 'Stros.

If they are looking for two Neutral sites, it seems that Jasper generally uses Woodville. Great playing surface and plenty of room for fans both in the bleachers and down the lines. With the field sitting down low, the site lines are great.

BC could always use Vidor or LCM as neutral site host games. Not sure how many each place holds, but they are both good fields...might see a lot bombs hit if LCM is used.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder