Jasper vs Bridge City (2 out of 3 set) Predictions

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="T-daddy" post="805150" timestamp="1274723662"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=69950.msg805142#msg805142 date=1274722594]
All comes down to pitching, BC will probably use:

Hicks sr. Zoch jr. Guidry fresh. Hubbard soph.

What will Jasper's rotation be?
[/quote]

Dont know, jasper has'nt been 3 games yet..
[/quote]
I'm sure BC will get a full dose of Sowell....

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="805142" timestamp="1274722594"]

[/quote]

Smith (2B), sophomore has some junk too.  He threw early in the season and had some success, but don't know his present status.  BTW, it will be hard to keep Hicks off the hill in any game!!!

[quote name="East TX" post="805161" timestamp="1274725464"]
Did they check with McNeese LC, LA.....I think it would be close enough for both teams to play all games over in Lapland(Where TX laps over into LA.
[/quote]

I could be wrong but when the coaches decide home and home they usually choose a park that their players have played many games besides their home park. It would help to know the wind, sun, gaps, backstop's that your opposition may not be familiar with. 

[quote name="Red1" post="805168" timestamp="1274727110"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=69950.msg805142#msg805142 date=1274722594]

[/quote]

Smith (2B), sophomore has some junk too.  He threw early in the season and had some success, but don't know his present status.  BTW, it will be hard to keep Hicks off the hill in any game!!!
[/quote]

Dont be suprised if Ty parker starts the 3rd game if needed his fast ball is low 90's and has a nasty breaking stuff...

[quote name="slo8140" post="805172" timestamp="1274728639"]
Dont be suprised if Ty parker starts the 3rd game if needed his fast ball is low 90's and has a nasty breaking stuff...
[/quote]

Has he pitched this year?
[/quote]
And can he throw strikes?  There's a difference between throwing low 90's and pitching low 90's....

[quote name="Critter" post="805178" timestamp="1274729187"]
[quote author=slo8140 link=topic=69950.msg805172#msg805172 date=1274728639]
[/quote]

[/quote]
And can he throw strikes?  There's a difference between throwing low 90's and pitching low 90's....
[/quote]

I would bet he doesn't throw that hard. 

[quote name="rounder17" post="805184" timestamp="1274729850"]
[quote author=Critter link=topic=69950.msg805178#msg805178 date=1274729187]
[/quote]

[/quote]
And can he throw strikes?  There's a difference between throwing low 90's and pitching low 90's....
[/quote]

[/quote]

I was curious especially with Sowell LHP throwing low to mid 80's why you haven't heard more about Parker pitching.  I think you also sacrifice when you pull Parker from behind the plate because of his defensive abilities, Kinda like pitching OF's Felts....IMO

[quote name="T-daddy" post="805191" timestamp="1274730428"]
[quote author=Gabe link=topic=69950.msg805186#msg805186 date=1274729957]
Didn't Mixon graduate from Woodville and did Jasper play in Woodville Tournament?
[/quote]

he is a jasper boy just got started head coaching in woodville...
[/quote]

Gotcha, knew there was a connection just wasn't sure what it was.

Jasper has always played playoff games in Woodville since Mixon has been the coach. Carthage beat them in a 1-gamer last year and they played there against Hudson last weekend. Game three of the Crockett series would have been at Woodville but Jasper swept.

Jasper played in the WOS, Vidor, and Jasper tourneys this season. The field for the Woodville tournament was pretty weak and even had one team quit after getting hammered pretty hard. Had to reschedule alot of the weekend because of it.

Jasper played in the Woodville tournament in 2009

[quote name="Critter" post="805189" timestamp="1274730038"]
[quote author=rounder17 link=topic=69950.msg805184#msg805184 date=1274729850]
[quote author=Critter link=topic=69950.msg805178#msg805178 date=1274729187]
[/quote]

[/quote]
And can he throw strikes?  There's a difference between throwing low 90's and pitching low 90's....
[/quote]

[/quote]

I was curious especially with Sowell LHP throwing low to mid 80's why you haven't heard more about Parker pitching.  I think you also sacrifice when you pull Parker from behind the plate because of his defensive abilities, Kinda like pitching OF's Felts....IMO
[/quote]

He has a good back up his only problem pitching is he likes to inflict to much pain on the batters....if they look at him wrong he might hit em.... and yea he does PITCH that hard.

[quote name="injun" post="805222" timestamp="1274735516"]
[quote author=Critter link=topic=69950.msg805218#msg805218 date=1274734248]
Does anybody have a address to the field to load into GPS?
[/quote]  What field??? Is it set???
[/quote]

Yes 8 O'Clock thurs. Game 1
Nederland Sat. starting at 5 for game 2 with game 3 30 min. following in needed

[quote name="Gabe" post="805186" timestamp="1274729957"]
Didn't Mixon graduate from Woodville and did Jasper play in Woodville Tournament?
[/quote]

No Mixon graduated from Jasper. He was my coach in Woodville when he first started. He was and still is a great coach!!!

Guest bleed orange
Is Jasper young or do they have a senior laden team? BC has done well in 3A but also competed when in 4A. The competition IMO is a little tougher in the golden triangle. We all know BC is young. I don't think that will make a difference. I still say BC wins in 3. Even though I have never seen Jasper play. Trying to get back on topic. Orangefield beat Jasper in the playoffs in 2005 and was the underdog. Of course it was a 1 game series. That does make a difference. The Orangefield kids have benefited from the BC little league.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="805246" timestamp="1274743193"]
Is Jasper young or do they have a senior laden team? BC has done well in 3A but also competed when in 4A. The competition IMO is a little tougher in the golden triangle. We all know BC is young. I don't think that will make a difference. I still say BC wins in 3. Even though I have never seen Jasper play. Trying to get back on topic. Orangefield beat Jasper in the playoffs in 2005 and was the underdog. Of course it was a 1 game series. That does make a difference. The Orangefield kids have benefited from the BC little league.
[/quote]

Jasper has a long string of playoff appearance that date back to their time in 4A also.  They have been beaten by many good teams over the years in the playoffs.  I am sure the competition is tough in the Golden Triangle, but there are several teams in East Texas with the state championships from the Pineywoods.  Carthage, Jasper, Woodville, Colmesneil, San Augustine, and Alto are the schools with championships through the years that I can think of off the top of my head.  I am sure there are others.  Most of those teams aren't what they used to be but it isn't unheard of for teams from the Lakes area to hold their own.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Hupernikomen" post="805257" timestamp="1274745165"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=69950.msg805246#msg805246 date=1274743193]
[/quote]

Jasper has a long string of playoff appearance that date back to their time in 4A also.  They have been beaten by many good teams over the years in the playoffs.  I am sure the competition is tough in the Golden Triangle, but there are several teams in East Texas with the state championships from the Pineywoods.  Carthage, Jasper, Woodville, Colmesneil, San Augustine, and Alto are the schools with championships through the years that I can think of off the top of my head.  I am sure there are others.  Most of those teams aren't what they used to be but it isn't unheard of for teams from the Lakes area to hold their own.
[/quote]

I do know that the teams from the lakes area can hold their own. Their record speaks for itself.  Most of the posters on here have picked Jasper.  I am pulling for BC because according to most posters they are the underdog. Got to love the underdog, plus they are our neighbors. Orangefield and Bridge city have a love-dislike relationship. We pull for them when we don't play them. I am sure you understand, kind of like the Silsbee/Jasper thing. ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83