Kirbyville vs. 20-4A

Guest Kvillecatz

Could Kirbyville win the district 20-4A title ?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Could Kirbyville win the district 20-4A title ?

• yes
    • no

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Looks like success is goin to Kvilles head, I mean you guys are good, But wouldent you want to start with 3a 1st,

Honestly If Kville did come to 4a i dont see who they could beat... On a Bad Year [b]MAYBE[/b] Vidor or Lumberton. Thats about it..

Guest LR1969
Not a snowballs chance Kville would win 20-4A (or even compete for a playoff spot). This is not basketball...It is football. This is not about talent at a few positions. It's about stamina. I will give you this. If it were a simple case of each team picking its top 11 players on offense and defense and then playing with no bench/substitutions, KV would have a chance at a few wins (Just as 7 on 7 gives small schools the chance to compete). But, you simply can not compete, week in and week out, against schools that have more fresh legs on the bench than you put on the bus. Kville does not have the numbers to compete at the 4A level each week. Could they get lucky once or twice? Sure. Would they hang with PNG/Central, etc? Not a chance! PN-G would wear them down and the JAGS would blow by them like they were standing still (a few speedsters on a 25 man roster is cool but it doesn't hold a candle to a roster two to three times that size where even the fattest/slowest kid on the team could be a track star at some schools). I realize Jack Alvarez feels that his players can compete at any level (Big 12/NFC East, etc.) but he is mistaken.
It's getting old Kville fans. You are becoming annoying and ridiculous with your constant appeals for a pat on the back (Fortunately, it's only a small few as most KV fans are more rational). Give it a rest! Good luck to the KATS. They are an inspiration to the entire area. I am proud as heck of their accomplishments and I wish them great success this season!!! But they are not the best football team in Texas. For that matter, as Muleshoe and Pilot Point both proved the past two seasons, they are not even the best 2A team in the state. They are good (great even) but not yet the "Gods of Football" that many believe them to be. I fully expect them to return to the playoffs this season but I would be surprised to see them make it past the 2nd round in 3A (would love for them to prove me wrong...SERIOUSLY. And, yes, I know all about their history in 3A. I have been following them for about 30 years). It must be a heck of a lot of pressure for a bunch of teenage boys to deal with. Support is one thing but this is getting ridiculous.
Lastly, let me say that Fred Ford is both a great running back (probably the best in the area) and, from what I know of him, a very respectable young man. He has the potential to go farther than any KV player has gone since Bubba Bean (A&M/Atlanta Falcons) and I wish him well. I just hope the tough (crazy) schedule doesn't put more pressure on him than he can handle.

[quote name="LR1969" post="804811" timestamp="1274597552"]
Not a snowballs chance Kville would win 20-4A (or even compete for a playoff spot). This is not basketball...It is football. This is not about talent at a few positions. It's about stamina. I will give you this. If it were a simple case of each team picking its top 11 players on offense and defense and then playing with no bench/substitutions, KV would have a chance at a few wins (Just as 7 on 7 gives small schools the chance to compete). But, you simply can not compete, week in and week out, against schools that have more fresh legs on the bench than you put on the bus. Kville does not have the numbers to compete at the 4A level each week. Could they get lucky once or twice? Sure. Would they hang with PNG/Central, etc? Not a chance! PN-G would wear them down and the JAGS would blow by them like they were standing still (a few speedsters on a 25 man roster is cool but it doesn't hold a candle to a roster two to three times that size where even the fattest/slowest kid on the team could be a track star at some schools). I realize Jack Alvarez feels that his players can compete at any level [u][b](Big 12/NFC East, etc[/b][/u].) but he is mistaken.
It's getting old Kville fans. You are becoming annoying and ridiculous with your constant appeals for a pat on the back (Fortunately, it's only a small few as most KV fans are more rational). Give it a rest! Good luck to the KATS. They are an inspiration to the entire area. I am proud as heck of their accomplishments and I wish them great success this season!!! But they are not the best football team in Texas. For that matter, as Muleshoe and Pilot Point both proved the past two seasons, they are not even the best 2A team in the state. They are good (great even) but not yet the "Gods of Football" that many believe them to be. I fully expect them to return to the playoffs this season but I would be surprised to see them make it past the 2nd round in 3A (would love for them to prove me wrong...SERIOUSLY. And, yes, I know all about their history in 3A. I have been following them for about 30 years). It must be a heck of a lot of pressure for a bunch of teenage boys to deal with. Support is one thing but this is getting ridiculous.
Lastly, let me say that Fred Ford is both a great running back (probably the best in the area) and, from what I know of him, a very respectable young man. He has the potential to go farther than any KV player has gone since Bubba Bean (A&M/Atlanta Falcons) and I wish him well. I just hope the tough (crazy) schedule doesn't put more pressure on him than he can handle.
[/quote]
Well maybe the Big 12 but definately not the SEC

Guest ~old_wildcat~
[quote name="LR1969" post="804811" timestamp="1274597552"]
Not a snowballs chance Kville would win 20-4A (or even compete for a playoff spot). This is not basketball...It is football. This is not about talent at a few positions. It's about stamina. I will give you this. If it were a simple case of each team picking its top 11 players on offense and defense and then playing with no bench/substitutions, KV would have a chance at a few wins (Just as 7 on 7 gives small schools the chance to compete). But, you simply can not compete, week in and week out, against schools that have more fresh legs on the bench than you put on the bus. Kville does not have the numbers to compete at the 4A level each week. Could they get lucky once or twice? Sure. Would they hang with PNG/Central, etc? Not a chance! PN-G would wear them down and the JAGS would blow by them like they were standing still (a few speedsters on a 25 man roster is cool but it doesn't hold a candle to a roster two to three times that size where even the fattest/slowest kid on the team could be a track star at some schools). I realize Jack Alvarez feels that his players can compete at any level (Big 12/NFC East, etc.) but he is mistaken.
[/quote]

Good post lR1969, I would like to say this is not the logic or thinking of most Kirbyville fans,Iv'e been a Wildcat fan a long,long time..In fact the post is ridiculous.. ;D

To everyone who is essentially bashing Kville for being so cocky, I just want to quickly point out no one said Kville would win 20-4A. Just posted the question for some comments. In no way are they over looking their 3A district. So let's all relax on that. But to stay on topic no way they finish in the top 5 or 6 in the district but I doubt they go winless.

Have Family in Kirbyville and its a great football town, and the Wildcats have a great Team but im not gonna sugar coated.
20-4A is a diffrent animal, I dont think you guys even make the playoffs.. But hey Who knows,  were jst givein our predictions..

Guest rykerx144
Here we go again!  This is ridulous!  There is not a Kirbyville fan out there that believes or even thinks for a second that Kirbyville could compete in that district.  The person that started this does not even believe that and if he does he needs to be banned for life for being insane.  This is getting old.  People trust me, 99 percent of Kirbyville fans are descent, LOGICAL, NON ANNOYING, and less ARROGANT!! 

To the person who started this ridulous thread:

Im not sure if you started this to just start crap or if you really believe this.  I think I speak on behalf of 99 percent of Kirbyville fans that I speak of above, PLEASE STOP!!!! 

There is three or four of you guys that just wont quit! Your making this program look bad and you make descent fans scared to say anything (like me if yall havent noticed lately).  Im scared to give the program or any of the kids any compliments because Im scared im going to get the "typical Kirbyville fan" response.  If its your goal to make all of South East Texas hate the Wildcats then keep it up!  Your doing a heck of a job! 

Guest LR1969
[quote name="rykerx144" post="805050" timestamp="1274706183"]
Here we go again!  This is ridulous!  There is not a Kirbyville fan out there that believes or even thinks for a second that Kirbyville could compete in that district.  The person that started this does not even believe that and if he does he needs to be banned for life for being insane.  This is getting old.  People trust me, 99 percent of Kirbyville fans are descent, LOGICAL, NON ANNOYING, and less ARROGANT!! 

Im not sure if you started this to just start crap or if you really believe this.  I think I speak on behalf of 99 percent of Kirbyville fans that I speak of above, PLEASE STOP!!!! 

There is three or four of you guys that just wont quit! Your making this program look bad and you make descent fans scared to say anything (like me if yall havent noticed lately).  Im scared to give the program or any of the kids any compliments because Im scared im going to get the "typical Kirbyville fan" response.  If its your goal to make all of South East Texas hate the Wildcats then keep it up!  Your doing a heck of a job! 

[/quote]

A voice of reason..ha. Look, Ryker, I know you are one of the sane ones so don't worry there. Now you know how I felt when a few LR fans made us all look bad a few years back. I spent more time defending my town back then than I did talking football. And, now that LR is on the down side (not for long.ha), you can see that many of those folks have fallen by the wayside. Or, they've simply choked on the enormous amount of crow they have had to feast on.

Anyway, I still disagree completely with you on your position with the Vidor/KV game...LOL! But I do respect your views and I don't consider you a part of the "goof-ball" mix that has reared its head in KV.

Guest rykerx144
[quote name="LR1969" post="805055" timestamp="1274707512"]
[quote author=rykerx144 link=topic=69946.msg805050#msg805050 date=1274706183]

[/quote]

A voice of reason..ha. Look, Ryker, I know you are one of the sane ones so don't worry there. Now you know how I felt when a few LR fans made us all look bad a few years back. I spent more time defending my town back then than I did talking football. And, now that LR is on the down side (not for long.ha), you can see that many of those folks have fallen by the wayside. Or, they've simply choked on the enormous amount of crow they have had to feast on.

Anyway, I still disagree completely with you on your position with the Vidor/KV game...LOL! But I do respect your views and I don't consider you a part of the "goof-ball" mix that has reared its head in KV.
[/quote]

as for the Vidor game I still have hope! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder