20 4A Top 4?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bigtank_77705" post="801037" timestamp="1273780185"]
have heard nothing about the Lions, Raiders or Pirates.  ???
[/quote]
that's because they are not expected to be playoff teams this year.  But IMO May is a little early to count a team out.

[quote name="Tim Riggins" post="801310" timestamp="1273806711"]
[quote author=bigtank_77705 link=topic=69558.msg801037#msg801037 date=1273780185]
[/quote]
that's because they are not expected to be playoff teams this year.  But IMO May is a little early to count a team out.
[/quote]
Thats what i figured. Ozen haven't made the playoffs in five years but i will always support and represent them.  :)

[quote name="bigtank_77705" post="801382" timestamp="1273842111"]
[quote author=Tim Riggins link=topic=69558.msg801310#msg801310 date=1273806711]
[quote author=bigtank_77705 link=topic=69558.msg801037#msg801037 date=1273780185]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Thats what i figured. Ozen haven't made the playoffs in five years but i will always support and represent them.  :)
[/quote]
It's surprising that Vidor has fallen off the radar. I guess having so many seniors graduate does that, but remember they are always tough. Lumberton, i've seen folks pick them for last, that won't happen, they will be a bubble team like Nederland and Ozen. Not sure that LCM will have the gumption to move up into the top four but who knows and as usual the unknown is the little school way up in the woods, not sure what Livingston is expecting to have. PNG will be the one to beat with their renewed faith. Central is the opposite pole from Ozen, like Ozen they most always have some talented players, unlike Ozen, Central can usually put it together.

[quote name="raideroldtimer" post="802237" timestamp="1273995044"]
[quote author=bigtank_77705 link=topic=69558.msg801382#msg801382 date=1273842111]
[quote author=Tim Riggins link=topic=69558.msg801310#msg801310 date=1273806711]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
It's surprising that Vidor has fallen off the radar. I guess having so many seniors graduate does that, but remember they are always tough.[b] Lumberton, i've seen folks pick them for last, that won't happen, they will be a bubble team like Nederland and Ozen[/b]. Not sure that LCM will have the gumption to move up into the top four but who knows and as usual the unknown is the little school way up in the woods, not sure what Livingston is expecting to have. PNG will be the one to beat with their renewed faith. Central is the opposite pole from Ozen, like Ozen they most always have some talented players, unlike Ozen, Central can usually put it together.
[/quote]

I dont think lumberton has enough talent around hughes to make any noise..

i think that the number one spot could come down to central, png, and nederland especially if they play the black kids at quarterback. i dont know his name so i just described him. figured they dont have to many black qb's. i figure that ozen can pull out the fourth spot this year. i went to there spring practice and there defense was flying all over the place. there offenses looked good with that basketball player david green making throws and running. he is the best qb prospect i have seen at ozen since the hurricane blew me into town. i think that all of the teams actually have a chance to place in the top four. lumberton is strong, lcm is coming up, vidor is scrappy, livingston is tough especially with that scheme, central is fast and experienced, png is hunrgy to prove that last year is no fluke, and nederland wants to be a main stay.

Guest LR1969
Central, PNG, Nederland, Lumberton - not necessarily in that order (although I put Lumberton in the 4th slot). Fourth spot could easily go to any of the remaining teams so picking Lumberton fourth may be biased but what the heck. Just too many similarities between bottom dwellers in 20-4A this season. And, even if Central gave up football for the upcoming season, I would still pick them to go because they surprise me every year. They just find a way to win when it counts.

[quote name="LR1969" post="802566" timestamp="1274105965"]
Central, PNG, Nederland, Lumberton - not necessarily in that order (although I put Lumberton in the 4th slot). Fourth spot could easily go to any of the remaining teams so picking Lumberton fourth may be biased but what the heck. [b]Just too many similarities between bottom dwellers in 20-4A this season.[/b] And, even if Central gave up football for the upcoming season, I would still pick them to go because they surprise me every year. They just find a way to win when it counts.
[/quote]
i agree with that statement, all five teams at the bottom of the district have something to prove.

[quote name="desethion" post="802562" timestamp="1274105056"]
i think that the number one spot could come down to central, png, and nederland especially if they play the black kids at quarterback. i dont know his name so i just described him. figured they dont have to many black qb's. i figure that ozen can pull out the fourth spot this year. i went to there spring practice and there [b]defense was flying all over the place.[/b] there offenses looked good with that basketball player david green making throws and running. he is the best qb prospect i have seen at ozen since the hurricane blew me into town. i think that all of the teams actually have a chance to place in the top four. lumberton is strong, lcm is coming up, vidor is scrappy, livingston is tough especially with that scheme, central is fast and experienced, png is hunrgy to prove that last year is no fluke, and nederland wants to be a main stay.
[/quote]
last year the defense wasn't the problem, it was that (on and off, hot and then extremely cold) offense. if ozen can find any offense they will be much improve.

[quote name="LR1969" post="802566" timestamp="1274105965"]
Central, PNG, Nederland, Lumberton - not necessarily in that order (although I put Lumberton in the 4th slot). Fourth spot could easily go to any of the remaining teams so picking Lumberton fourth may be biased but what the heck. Just too many similarities between bottom dwellers in 20-4A this season. [b]And, even if Central gave up football for the upcoming season, I would still pick them to go because they surprise me every year. They just find a way to win when it counts[/b].
[/quote]

You! They surprise me, and im a Jag Fan..Not Looking ahead, I just hope That Down the Road, We find a way to win that one game aginst that one team  ;)..'
That is if were fourtunate to have a winning record and make the playoffs, Like saying I would Love to win a District Championship, But id rather go for the biger piece of the pie, and thats The Road in Novemeber n Decemeber

[color=purple]PNG[/color] (Will continue to play HARD NOSE DISCIPLINE FOOTBALL)
[color=blue]OZEN [/color] (Had Central Against the Ropes at Halftime last yr. will put together 4 qtrs this year and suprise the JAGS.. Game is the 4th on the schedule this yr..)
[color=maroon]Central[/color] (Lost KEY players last season but will still be strong enough for 3rd)
[color=yellow]Nederland[/color] (Dogs will be back in play-offs turned it on at the end of last season)

[quote name="ozens fastest@1906" post="802964" timestamp="1274194847"]
[color=blue]OZEN [/color] (Had Central Against the Ropes at Halftime last yr. will put together 4 qtrs this year and suprise the JAGS.. Game is the 4th on the schedule this yr..)
[color=maroon]Central[/color] (Lost KEY players last season but will still be strong enough for 3rd)
[color=yellow]Nederland[/color] (Dogs will be back in play-offs turned it on at the end of last season)
[/quote]Against the ropes, huh?  Sounds like a Moral victory to me.  Even if yall do manage to beat us (which is not gonna happen), you still have to knock off PN-G and/or Nederland (as you know have your number no matter what year it is).  Slim chance.  Ozen still, however, makes the playoffs as stated in my District predictions...

[quote name="Justme" post="803004" timestamp="1274200055"]
Sorry soulja but if you look at the last 2 seasons ozen beat png two seasons ago and last season they beat nederland. I think the chance is not quite as slim as you do they have a legit opportunity.
[/quote]Altime series vs Nederland tells the story...  On thing remains the same since Ozen first opened.  Neumann is still coach at Nederland. 

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="802984" timestamp="1274196900"]
[quote author=ozens fastest@1906 link=topic=69558.msg802964#msg802964 date=1274194847]
[/quote]Against the ropes, huh?  Sounds like a Moral victory to me.  Even if yall do manage to beat us (which is not gonna happen), you still have to knock off PN-G and/or Nederland (as you know have your number no matter what year it is).  [b]Slim chance.[/b]  Ozen still, however, makes the playoffs as stated in my District predictions...
[/quote]
i used "slim" earlier, but even i know it doesn't mean imposible. Ozen has been down lately and i see you have fell asleep on them and thats ok were coming with your wake up call in late september.

Honestly Soulja, we all know that the past means absolutley nothing, Ozen beat Nederland last yr and PNG the year before.. and if you want to get technical Ozen in the Past has put some pretty nasty numbers on the JAGS.. The JAGS are still on TOP of 20 4A with 4 rounds deep under their belt but thats all in the PAST....

[quote name="ozens fastest@1906" post="803060" timestamp="1274209882"]
Honestly Soulja, we all know that the past means absolutley nothing, Ozen beat Nederland last yr and PNG the year before.. and if you want to get technical Ozen in the Past has put some pretty nasty numbers on the JAGS.. The JAGS are still on TOP of 20 4A with 4 rounds deep under their belt but thats all in the PAST....
[/quote]
Well it depends on how far back we are talking nederland made it to the semifinals in 2001 but that really doesnt mean squat right now.. to be honest with you, the past is pretty irrelevant when dealing with school football teams.. the thing that IS relevant to the past is your coaching staff and coaches' past performances.. that being said, anything can happen, any year..

[quote name="ozens fastest@1906" post="803060" timestamp="1274209882"]
[/quote]I agree.  I remember Ozen whipping us good a few times. And your right.  The past is the past.  I'm a Jag, but I do hope that Ozen have a successfull season.  They've been due for one...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder