Home Cookin???

Guest Kelly Football

Guest Kelly Football

Home cookin'???

Do you think ref's really play favorites with certain teams or coaches. Or is it more of a cop-out for the losing team? I know there has been problems with some announcers lately.

I am sure there have been many instances where home cookin has happened. I would think its usaully because we are mad about losing.

There are always gonna be bad calls but usually that goes both ways. The calls always even out in the end.

Not always, did you see the Oklahoma vs. Oregon game? I think there are refs who just make bad calls, not on purpose, but they are just not good at their job. It is definately the hardest job to be a referee, you have to see so many things at once w/ no replay. But it can be done so there is no excuse when you make a bad call. I do think it matters where the refs are from or who they know on the team, which is why they should get refs who do not know anyone on the staff or from the town. It is kinda like picking a jury, they ask you if you know the defendent or the attorneys to check for potential jury bias in the case.

I have personally heard from referees mouths things that tell me they favor or call in a certain direction.

Example " coach you are just outmatched anyway so stop whinning"

" you didn't have a chance in that game anyway coach "

These were in a game where the final score was like 38 to 24 and our team lost but played well and several biased one way calls helped to determine the outcome of the game.

We weren't suppose to win anyway is what their mind set was.

I have experience games where the whole game is one sided, and I disagree with you bronco, sometimes they DONT even out in the end. Take the 2000 WO-S game, even though the crew was out of San Antonio, everyone, even Hooks admitted, that they got a lucky break... And I am not just talking about the infamous "Lateral Call." The whole game we were getting bogus penalties and WO-S was tackling our guys on the line and didnt get called for holding... Its rare, but it DOES happen.... For Instance, the facemask call against Mosley when we played La Marque in week zero... there was no question where his hands were... and it ended up costing Nederland 7 points right before halftime....

I have experience games where the whole game is one sided' date=' and I disagree with you bronco, sometimes they DONT even out in the end. Take the 2000 WO-S game, even though the crew was out of San Antonio, everyone, even Hooks admitted, that they got a lucky break... And I am not just talking about the infamous "Lateral Call." The whole game we were getting bogus penalties and WO-S was tackling our guys on the line and didnt get called for holding... Its rare, but it DOES happen.... For Instance, the facemask call against Mosley when we played La Marque in week zero... there was no question where his hands were... and it ended up costing Nederland 7 points right before halftime....[/quote']

i find it funny that nederland would complain about officiating :lol:

If the game comes down to one blown call' date=' you don't deserve to win.

In other words, don't put the game in the referees' hands......[/quote']

So your saying if a ref misses a blatant pass interference call for the game winning touchdown pass that the team doesnt deserve to win?

Guest Nederland Bulldogs
I have experience games where the whole game is one sided' date=' and I disagree with you bronco, sometimes they DONT even out in the end. Take the 2000 WO-S game, even though the crew was out of San Antonio, everyone, even Hooks admitted, that they got a lucky break... And I am not just talking about the infamous "Lateral Call." The whole game we were getting bogus penalties and WO-S was tackling our guys on the line and didnt get called for holding... Its rare, but it DOES happen.... For Instance, the facemask call against Mosley when we played La Marque in week zero... there was no question where his hands were... and it ended up costing Nederland 7 points right before halftime....[/quote'] Good point. Not sure if we would have scored though. That WOS defense that year hurt some of our kids they were so good. There wasn't much time left.

I have experience games where the whole game is one sided' date=' and I disagree with you bronco, sometimes they DONT even out in the end. Take the 2000 WO-S game, even though the crew was out of San Antonio, everyone, even Hooks admitted, that they got a lucky break... And I am not just talking about the infamous "Lateral Call." The whole game we were getting bogus penalties and WO-S was tackling our guys on the line and didnt get called for holding... Its rare, but it DOES happen.... For Instance, the facemask call against Mosley when we played La Marque in week zero... there was no question where his hands were... and it ended up costing Nederland 7 points right before halftime....[/quote']

I guess maybe it's just a matter of opinion, but that entire game was not in the favor of WO-S. As a matter of fact, Paul Thomas stripped the ball from Kevin Barbay on a sack and the officials allowed Nederland to keep the ball. The lateral was a terrible call that took away from an otherwise fantastic game heading for a fantastic finish, but otherwise, the game was not officiated in favor of WO-S.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124