*Kountze vs. Warren Updates* Warren Wins/Comments

a player(OR A CHILD) never has the right to make a decision for the coach ( a grown man with an education).  If they truely did this then I hope they are banned from all sports for the rest of their career.  Because if not, they will do this again in the future, like someone said earlier maybe on their first job.  There must be a lesson learned, those kids are not going to play college ball anywhere, so they are in athletics because it is fun, [b]but most importantly to learn life long lessons.[/b]  [b]If the players are in control no lesson will ever be learned, and they will always think they should get what they want. Which as we all know is not how the world works[/b]

Old Ball Coach I agree with you 100% I had a long talk with my son when he got home that evening about commitment and what it means and what his goals in life are. I asked him if walking off the field would help him achieve these goals and he told me no and that is why he went back into the dug out. I told him his job is to play baseball and do what the coach tells him and that anyone can  find an excuse to complain about life being unfair. He was not allowed to play the rest of the game. A decision I agree with. I spoke with the coach after the game and told him if wanted to remove my son from the team I would support his decision. The players need to play ball as instructed by thier coach. Period end of story.

It is the coaches decision on who plays and what he wants to do with the team. He is there in an authoritative position. Plenty of times I did not agree with my coach or my boss. Yes you can stand up for your moral character but who has this hurt doing it this way? Well it has hurt all the players and not the coach. Sometimes coaches do things for a reason possibly out of their control as well. I hope all works out in Ktz, all those involved in this are better than what is going on. Losing is what has made this come to this I believe, crazy things go on and people blame the coach for losing. To say these kids should never play another sport againn is a little harsh, when we are taught our whole life to forgive. Here is when you let the team vote to let the play or not then follows a punishment for their action. Remember guys these are kids and when we were young we made irrational decisions as well. Time for a life lesson to benefit these boys in the future. I hope everythinng works out down there in Lion country.

[quote name="Justafan1" post="789646" timestamp="1271179840"]
Old Ball Coach I agree with you 100% I had a long talk with my son when he got home that evening about commitment and what it means and what his goals in life are. I asked him if walking off the field would help him achieve these goals and he told me no and that is why he went back into the dug out. I told him his job is to play baseball and do what the coach tells him and that anyone can  find an excuse to complain about life being unfair. He was not allowed to play the rest of the game. A decision I agree with. I spoke with the coach after the game and told him if wanted to remove my son from the team I would support his decision. The players need to play ball as instructed by thier coach. Period end of story.
[/quote]

I'm glad there are parents like you still in the world. 

[quote name="Realdad97" post="789620" timestamp="1271174879"]
cOrrect me if I'm wrong, but I heard that there was a suspended player on the team because of an issue the game prior, and the coach played him even though the player was on suspension. Don't know why he was suspended though. It's what I was told
[/quote]
if this is true then i think the kids have a right to get mad. but not to walk away. i applaud them for makin a stand but they dont need to quit on there team. When i played for ktz i didnt agree with a lot of the coaching decisions but i learned to just deal with it a play and have fun...

I have read all these post and from what i have collected , why would a teammate walk out on another teammate if he was going to come back in to help get the "W". It honestly sounds like there are some jealousy problems in kountze from some of the parents and players... it is ridiculous... from the knowledge i have acquired from a source, there were 5 that walked off but one was sent back to the dugout by his father... i want to give kudos to the father for stepping up ... and doing what was right... the other parents that let their kids walk, [color=red][size=14pt]SHAME ON YOU[/size][/color]. How will that benifit them?  >:(

[quote name="strosfan" post="790171" timestamp="1271266549"]
I have read all these post and from what i have collected , why would a teammate walk out on another teammate if he was going to come back in to help get the "W". It honestly sounds like there are some jealousy problems in kountze from some of the parents and players... it is ridiculous... from the knowledge i have acquired from a source, there were 5 that walked off but one was sent back to the dugout by his father... i want to give kudos to the father for stepping up ... and doing what was right... the other parents that let their kids walk, [color=red][size=14pt]SHAME ON YOU[/size][/color]. How will that benifit them?   >:(
[/quote]

What if their parents were not there, still shame on them?

[quote name="Javelina" post="790175" timestamp="1271266967"]
[quote author=strosfan link=topic=68219.msg790171#msg790171 date=1271266549]
I have read all these post and from what i have collected , why would a teammate walk out on another teammate if he was going to come back in to help get the "W". It honestly sounds like there are some jealousy problems in kountze from some of the parents and players... it is ridiculous... from the knowledge i have acquired from a source, there were 5 that walked off but one was sent back to the dugout by his father... i want to give kudos to the father for stepping up ... and doing what was right... the other parents that let their kids walk, [color=red][size=14pt]SHAME ON YOU[/size][/color]. How will that benifit them?  >:(
[/quote]

What if their parents were not there, still shame on them?
[/quote]

Javelina i know who you are... and if my son would have walked when i wasn't there he would not only have to deal with me when i got home but he would write a letter of apoligy to every team mate and to every coach and to the opposing coach... he would then be brought up to the school the next day to get his running in for an ignorant mistake... i wouldnt ALLOW my kids to act that way...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder