WO-S Superintendent

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now that wo-s has started how to make there programs smarter and better ,i feel sure other schools will follow very soon dont you think.this has opened alot of others schools eyes get ready its coming, dang super passing up tompson when there no money but gives it to coach newton. not fair

[quote name="bigdog" post="785167" timestamp="1270149944"]
77:  that is the way I read the article too. I don't think that the new position necessarily puts him next in line for AD. I could be wrong though.
[/quote]

bigdog, you are wrong. It's a process at this point. Read between the lines.

[quote name="bigdog" post="785167" timestamp="1270149944"]
77:  that is the way I read the article too. I don't think that the new position necessarily puts him next in line for AD. I could be wrong though.
[/quote]

Here is what I think going to happen---When Hooks retires Newton takes over AD job and the Athletic Academic Coordinator job gets eliminated.

[quote name="WO-S 89" post="785196" timestamp="1270155514"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=67848.msg785167#msg785167 date=1270149944]
[/quote]

Here is what I think going to happen---When Hooks retires Newton takes over AD job and the Athletic Academic Coordinator job gets eliminated.
[/quote]

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="Gabe" post="785185" timestamp="1270152372"]
Like I say about everything, if you don't like how your local governments or school boards are being run, either vote em out or run yourself.
[/quote]

My guess is the people on here that are complaining and that are able to vote are doing just that, voting. Alot of the people complainging don't even live in the district and can't vote.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="785544" timestamp="1270215258"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=67848.msg785542#msg785542 date=1270215060]
TD, [b]vote on what[/b]
[/quote]

On whether or not the city of Orange should be dry or not.

We know where you stand on this issue, skip. ;) ;D
[/quote]

That made me spit coffee all over my laptop.  ;D

Why have we all of a sudden needed this position and if it IS needed, why was someone whose been here less than a year promoted to this created position?  Surely there are others who are just as qualified for the position, if not more.  How is it that the superintendent is able to swing this move by the board when the board has been so adamant about not having enough money, especially for athletics?  Hmmmmmmmmmm Last thing I will post on this subject is that I hope Hooks out last the Superintendent stay at WO-S.

[quote name="WO-S 89" post="785563" timestamp="1270217188"]
Why have we all of a sudden needed this position and if it IS needed, why was someone whose been here less than a year promoted to this created position?  Surely there are others who are just as qualified for the position, if not more.  How is it that the superintendent is able to swing this move by the board when the board has been so adamant about not having enough money, especially for athletics?  Hmmmmmmmmmm Last thing I will post on this subject is that I hope Hooks out last the Superintendent stay at WO-S.

[/quote] Good post!!!!!!

[quote name="td" post="785174" timestamp="1270150384"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=67848.msg785167#msg785167 date=1270149944]
[/quote]
I am very familar with school district politics, and I have seen things that seemed obvious go a completly different direction than everyone thought.  Thats why I am not sure that this is a slam dunk.

bigdog, you are wrong. It's a process at this point. Read between the lines.
[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="WOSgrad" post="783260" timestamp="1269785450"]
One the reasons that the WO-S baseball program used to be the best was that Ronnie Anderson was there forever.  Once he left, a virtual revolving door of coaches (including Coach Thompson) left the baseball program in shambles to the point where it has seen success only recently with the revival under Coach Jesse Riojas. 
Recall that Coach Thompson did have his opportunities as the head man (head football at Palestine and head baseball coach at West Orange-Stark) and from what I understand, found both experiences pretty bitter ones.  [/quote]
Ronnie Anderson's retirement was not the reason for WOS' declining baseball program.  If you recall, Jerry Nichols took over and later resigned after the 1994 season, due to health issues.  Basically, he was forced out because the team was loaded with talent and yet, they finished around 15-15 or 14-15, etc.  Lots of talent but too many selfish players.  Coach Thompson took over in 1995 and the Mustangs won their own Certa-Bearden Tournament, won district, and finished 24-5.  Brenham beat them in the area round of the playoffs.  John Patterson was terrific that year, but here's the most impressive stat of all: every senior that played on the 1995 team has earned a college degree.  One I'm not real sure of, but here's the list: McDonald, Sellars, Bates,Thompson, Shugart, Fuqa, Caillier, etc.  Forgive me if I've left someone out.  
Coach Thompson was forced to resign in 1998, but the talent pool, in just three years, went from great to below average. What you stated about the "virtual revolving door of coaches...." leaving the baseball program in shambles is totally inaccurate and ridiculous.  Did Sam Moore and Stephen Westbrook "leave the baseball program in shambles?" No.  

[quote name="texasstud28" post="789521" timestamp="1271158173"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=67848.msg783260#msg783260 date=1269785450]
One the reasons that the WO-S baseball program used to be the best was that Ronnie Anderson was there forever.  Once he left, a virtual revolving door of coaches (including Coach Thompson) left the baseball program in shambles to the point where it has seen success only recently with the revival under Coach Jesse Riojas. 
Recall that Coach Thompson did have his opportunities as the head man (head football at Palestine and head baseball coach at West Orange-Stark) and from what I understand, found both experiences pretty bitter ones.  [/quote]
Ronnie Anderson's retirement was not the reason for WOS' declining baseball program.  If you recall, Jerry Nichols took over and later resigned after the 1994 season, due to health issues.  Basically, he was forced out because the team was loaded with talent and yet, they finished around 15-15 or 14-15, etc.  Lots of talent but too many selfish players.  Coach Thompson took over in 1995 and the Mustangs won their own Certa-Bearden Tournament, won district, and finished 24-5.  Brenham beat them in the area round of the playoffs.  John Patterson was terrific that year, but here's the most impressive stat of all: every senior that played on the 1995 team has earned a college degree.  One I'm not real sure of, but here's the list: McDonald, Sellars, Bates,Thompson, Shugart, Fuqa, Caillier, etc.  Forgive me if I've left someone out.  
Coach Thompson was forced to resign in 1998, but the talent pool, in just three years, went from great to below average. What you stated about the "virtual revolving door of coaches...." leaving the baseball program in shambles is totally inaccurate and ridiculous.  Did Sam Moore and Stephen Westbrook "leave the baseball program in shambles?" No.  
[/quote]

I get and understand what you are saying but I also understand what he was saying. When you have a revolving door of coaches it does kind of turn your program upside down. I don't remember how long each was here but lets look back just 12 years. Coach T, Sam, Westbrook, Rivers, Hallman/Roijas, Roijas. That's alot of coaches and doesn't lead to stability. Like I said I agree with both of you and I think you probably agree with each other it's just how you look at it.

I think we had some good coaches but when they don't stay it hurts the program.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raza012
    Newest Member
    Raza012